Author Topic: Will Vanessa make a comeback or remain as is?  (Read 15445 times)

Pirate Song

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Will Vanessa make a comeback or remain as is?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005, 11:57:09 pm »
That's sad but true................... I'm from Canada and Muchmusic always played VC, and Muchmoremusic (the more adult station) played White Houses and A Thousand Miles almost everyday on the MMMtop10.com when they were on the voting list.

...................That second single woulda helped a bunch...................
..............................ohwell, all we can do is wait.............................
You're cold. Maybe you just missed the sun.
You fall. Feeling like it's just begun.
So far. Keeping it together's been enough.
Look up. Rain is coming, looks like love.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 04:29:08 pm »
Ignore this...

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 04:31:52 pm »
Quote from: "Ms.Arwen"
MTV is way too busy playing rap these days. They can't trouble themselves enough to give airtime to people who actually have talent.

Exactly.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 06:44:17 pm »
The last time I watched any sort of MTV channel was when Vanessa was on MTV2 for Damage Control. It's just too horrid these days.

Julie

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - juls21487@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - golddust214
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Juls21487
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/julie214
    • Email
Re: Come back
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 08:50:35 pm »
I really hope she does come back because I truly enjoy her music and I think the thing is the music industry.  Sometimes, they just don't know a good thing when it's there.  Hey, the song "Barons Of Suburbia" by Tori Amos is about this...seriously, it is.
"If only I could get into that corner of your head."

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 02:15:11 am »
She's not going to come back. Its absolute wishful thinking if you think she is. Maybe Harmonium would've been her chance but they stuffed that up good and proper. The music industry is done with people like her- they want to make money on something else. Thats not to say she won't make great music on a smaller scale and without the hassle of record industry people on her back.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 02:58:33 am »
who knows.  :p

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 09:37:39 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
She's not going to come back. Its absolute wishful thinking if you think she is.

Wow, you're sure showing a lot of support Rosie...
What is Vanessa gonna think when she reads something like that?
Of course, no one knows what's gonna happen with her career, I agree, but still, we're here to support her no matter what!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 02:01:23 pm »
The music industry is done with people like her- they want to make money on something else. Thats not to say she won't make great music on a smaller scale and without the hassle of record industry people on her back.

The music biz doesn't give a rat's ass who is making money for them(witness what is out there).  Right now, rap and generic R&B are what sell, so in their traditional sense, the record companies will beat it to death.  And they have.

The only thing record companies can do that someone cannot by themselves is distribute a physical CD globally(and give radio people $ and drugs and sexual favors).  You don't need a record company to make an album.  In fact, you're better off doing it yourself.

Vanessa works constantly.  That is a strength. She still believes in what she is doing and can deliver consistently.  That is a large part of the battle.

The rest of the battle is the record company getting out there and pushing the CD.  If not, she may be  better off releasing CD's independently.  There is no shortage of independent artists that were once on a major label, and there is no shame involved in that.

I don't care if Vanessa is on A&M, S&M, or any other bunch of weasels masquerading as a record company.  I'll bet she sleeps damn well at night knowing that she is not a sell-out.

Dan/NS

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 02:20:11 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
The music industry is done with people like her- they want to make money on something else. Thats not to say she won't make great music on a smaller scale and without the hassle of record industry people on her back.

The music biz doesn't give a rat's ass who is making money for them(witness what is out there).  Right now, rap and generic R&B are what sell, so in their traditional sense, the record companies will beat it to death.  And they have.

The only thing record companies can do that someone cannot by themselves is distribute a physical CD globally(and give radio people $ and drugs and sexual favors).  You don't need a record company to make an album.  In fact, you're better off doing it yourself.

Vanessa works constantly.  That is a strength. She still believes in what she is doing and can deliver consistently.  That is a large part of the battle.

The rest of the battle is the record company getting out there and pushing the CD.  If not, she may be  better off releasing CD's independently.  There is no shortage of independent artists that were once on a major label, and there is no shame involved in that.

I don't care if Vanessa is on A&M, S&M, or any other bunch of weasels masquerading as a record company.  I'll bet she sleeps damn well at night knowing that she is not a sell-out.

Dan/NS

My thoughts exactly. She is doing the right thing by being true to herself and I think that she is happy right now where she is. I mean, I'm sure she'd enjoy being more succesful, but the "musicians" that are succesful are sell-outs and I'd don't think Vanessa would ever want to be like them. In fact, I think people like the Simpson family (no offence to their fans) are the very epitome of everything Vanessa strives not to be. For example, a Vanessa and Stephan reality show would probably boost her career, but she'd never sell herself out like that.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 02:47:12 pm »
I don't care if Vanessa is on A&M, S&M, or any other bunch of weasels masquerading as a record company.

S&M, interesting label... :lol:
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 10:53:59 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
I don't care if Vanessa is on A&M, S&M, or any other bunch of weasels masquerading as a record company.

S&M, interesting label... :lol:

My thoughts exactly.  Truth is, they're a real company, but I can't find their website.
Dustin

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 02:15:46 am »
S&M... Symphony and Metallica (check out the dvd/cd, it's astounding...)

Back to the topic, I think this tour with Stevie Nicks will do a lot for her career. This may be what she needs to make a comeback, because lots of people who may not have known of her before (apart from A Thousand Miles) will now pay attention to her, and seek out her music, and hopefully then the record company will get its ass in gear and promote Vanessa
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 02:53:59 am »
i think with the right promotion, she could make a comeback

just look at Mariah Carey...

and we KNOW these new nessa songs are amazing. so all it needs is the right promo

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 06:41:50 am »
Do we know which label she's with now?  Is it indie?  Sorry if I missed this somewhere... :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::