Poll

Should I smoke?  And why?  Who smokes? Who doesn't?

I smoke
5 (6.8%)
I don't smoke
20 (27%)
I smoke sometimes
12 (16.2%)
I've never smoked before
37 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: April 03, 2003, 10:18:01 pm

Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 33072 times)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Smoking
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 04:05:46 am »
I don't smoke, i've done it in the past but never as an habit. I don't have anything against smokers but it is a pretty unhealthy and annoying habit. When you hang out with smokers you always end up stinking of cigarette too and with your clothes full of ashes.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Smoking
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2007, 10:32:07 pm »
Smoking in the city becomes a big problem.  Even as a smoker I hope they start giving out citations for smoking everywhere and anywhere so people change.  But there should be a place people can do so on their break without bothering other people.  For instance on the top of the roof of the building you work at or in the alley around the corner, out of the way of most people walking on the sidewalk.  Stuff like that.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Smoking
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2007, 11:52:34 pm »
Yes, I agree. There should be somewhere they can go, and for two reasons:

1. I don't want to hear them bitching about there being nowhere to go.
2. I would like them to be away from me when they do it.

Do I think people have a natural born right to smoke?  Hell, no!  But I'm not going to tell anyone they can't; I just want it away from me because I don't want my brain to burn. 8)
Dustin

tylor2000

• View Profile
Smoking
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2007, 06:12:09 pm »
Your brain only burns if you stick the wrong end up your nose and jab it in like so..... :razz:

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Smoker Smoker
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2007, 01:23:08 pm »
Personally, I don't mind cigarettes at all, and forgive me for saying this, but I think it's sexy when I see a hot guy smoking....that's just me, but I've done worse than smoke a cigarette, I believe, it's your body, do what you want with it. Actually I had my first cigarette today....if people want to smoke, let them, if you don't like it, avoid it. There's one thing I can't stand is hearing people complain about cigarette smoke, just leave the area...That's just me though, feel free to brutally criticize me now  :)

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Re: Smoker Smoker
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2007, 01:47:33 am »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
Personally, I don't mind cigarettes at all, and forgive me for saying this, but I think it's sexy when I see a hot guy smoking....that's just me, but I've done worse than smoke a cigarette, I believe, it's your body, do what you want with it. Actually I had my first cigarette today....if people want to smoke, let them, if you don't like it, avoid it. There's one thing I can't stand is hearing people complain about cigarette smoke, just leave the area...That's just me though, feel free to brutally criticize me now  :)

That's actually good.  It is their bodies, so they can do as they will.  But this is my body, and though it probably wouldn't bother me so bad except for the vicious headaches, if it's my area, I shouldn't have to leave.  For the most part, though, I know how to avoid it and the issue rarely comes up.  But like I said, if it's my area, I shouldn't have to leave. :razz:
Dustin

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Smoke Smoke Smoke
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 07:02:35 pm »
Sure, so let's have a thing called "right-of-area" if you're there first, it's yours! And if you don't like them, then they have to get the fuck away!

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Smoking
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2007, 08:44:22 am »
Maybe this will come off as mean, but

I am sick and tired of people that are surprised that get cancer when they smoke packs a day. I mean.. you know what happens with smoking. Anyways it smells bad, and makes you age faster. They should raise the tax up to like $15 a pack and no tax on things that help someone stop smoking. In New York, you can get all those for free. I don't know if any other states have the
"truth" campaign commercials? but they are really true

Why is smoking not illegal? I mean it kills more people than rape, and rape is illegal, i know that is kinda comparing apples to oranges. But just think of it. people are afraid of sharks, but not cigarettes, something that kills more!
anyways smoking is probably one of the dumbest things you can do. Unless you want to die, if so, why long and painful, and wasting money on them?
Peace
-S

Star7

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Email
for whoever started this topic
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2007, 03:36:47 pm »
if you are considering quitting then you probably should ecspeacially if you feel it's at a point where you still can quit because the addiction might just get worse

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Smoking
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2008, 06:40:54 am »
I'm glad Tylor made the point about smokers being courteous b/c in some
situations there is much less of that than should be afforded non-smokers.

Trying to enjoy your dinner at a BBQ when you're the only non-smoker at
the table is very difficult. I was in that very situation tonight and it was like
no-one noticed I wasn't enjoying the passive smoking until I left and went
inside. The jumper I'm wearing is going to smell like an ash tray tomorrow

Peace

Aaron

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Smoking
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2008, 11:03:11 am »
My Grandmother passed away in 03' from lung cancer. She was a smoker and its a horrid disease. Seeing the real effects of smoking scared me away from it forever.
ENS