Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 342909 times)

Sai

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: New album will be called "Rabbits on the Run"
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2010, 09:58:49 pm »
I think that "cracked" doesn't necessarily mean "finished" but I hope so! This album definitely does sound different... it's making me both excited and apprehensive about what it may sound like... But if the rest of the songs are like London and Fair-Weather friends I'm sure I'll love it :)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2010, 04:41:22 am »
I think that "cracked" doesn't necessarily mean "finished" but I hope so! This album definitely does sound different... it's making me both excited and apprehensive about what it may sound like... But if the rest of the songs are like London and Fair-Weather friends I'm sure I'll love it :)

Yeah. I agree with you. But I certainly wish she uses the term "cracked" as a substitute for "finished." And I hope too that London would be in the album. It's just too great to be left out.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

vttmishere

• Make me high on lullabies
  • do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2010, 06:28:56 am »

Yeah. I agree with you. But I certainly wish she uses the term "cracked" as a substitute for "finished." And I hope too that London would be in the album. It's just too great to be left out.
I have already said that in here and it's my favorite Vanessa track and I'd be disappointed for sure it didn't make to the album. Fingers crossed.

Well, as for the stage in which the album is, I may be wrong, but as far as I know, if she tweeted before that she was adding some more background vocals on some song, then it's a clear sign that the material is done and they're only adding some details. Then she declared that the last song is "cracked" and by that I understand that she has now all the tracks recorded and maybe even mixed. If not, mixing it's not necessarily a long process, can take about two weeks or less and I'm pretty sure that if she wanted to release it quick, it could be on sale in less than two months from now.

What we don't know is if everything else is done, like the photoshoot for the graphic part, booklet, cover, back, etc. Well, we don't even know if she's going to appear on the photos, we do know V can get reallyyyyy creative LOL. What concern me the most is about the video for the lead single. I luuuv videos and I'd be sad if there wasn't at least one for this era.
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

Patricius

• Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2010, 08:26:56 am »

I think by "cracked" she's started recording the song. I could be wrong.  :-\
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2010, 08:31:23 am »

I have already said that in here and it's my favorite Vanessa track and I'd be disappointed for sure it didn't make to the album. Fingers crossed.

Well, as for the stage in which the album is, I may be wrong, but as far as I know, if she tweeted before that she was adding some more background vocals on some song, then it's a clear sign that the material is done and they're only adding some details. Then she declared that the last song is "cracked" and by that I understand that she has now all the tracks recorded and maybe even mixed. If not, mixing it's not necessarily a long process, can take about two weeks or less and I'm pretty sure that if she wanted to release it quick, it could be on sale in less than two months from now.
done, like the photoshoot for the graphic part, booklet, cover, back, etc. Well, we don't even know if she's going to appear on the photos, we do know V can get reallyyyyy creative LOL. What concern me the most is about the video for the lead single. I luuuv videos and I'd be sad if there wasn't at least one for this era.

The thing about video made me think too. I  hope that she'll have a video for a lead single. Or for London.  ;D I can already imagine her singing while walking  through London's winding streets. But really, releasing a music video would help her to gain more exposure. Radio can do the same, but imo, music vids

And regarding the photoshoot for the album, it made me think too. I wonder how she would portray the theme of the album through its album art....

And her "cracked" term cracks me up...  :-\
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:33:19 am by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2010, 01:25:04 pm »

done, like the photoshoot for the graphic part, booklet, cover, back, etc. Well, we don't even know if she's going to appear on the photos, we do know V can get reallyyyyy creative LOL. What concern me the most is about the video for the lead single. I luuuv videos and I'd be sad if there wasn't at least one for this era.

The thing about video made me think too. I  hope that she'll have a video for a lead single. Or for London.  ;D I can already imagine her singing while walking  through London's winding streets. But really, releasing a music video would help her to gain more exposure. Radio can do the same, but imo, music vids

And regarding the photoshoot for the album, it made me think too. I wonder how she would portray the theme of the album through its album art....

Big, big assumption here. But if Fairweather Friends is a) on the album, b) the lead single and c) a music video, it'd look just as cool as London. She could toooootally be walking through Nolita with a clear umbrella in the rain or something. It'd be great.

beatriz

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2010, 02:42:30 pm »
Big, big assumption here. But if Fairweather Friends is a) on the album, b) the lead single and c) a music video, it'd look just as cool as London. She could toooootally be walking through Nolita with a clear umbrella in the rain or something. It'd be great.

Odd, when I listen to "Fair-weather friends" I also think in something with rain and umbrellas, but not necessarily in NoLita haha.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2010, 02:14:01 am »

Yeah. I'd love to hear Fairweather Friends too in the record, as well as too see its music video. I imagine its setting to be in a bar in L.A. (from the lyrics).

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2010, 06:18:29 am »
I think when she says 'Cracked' she means she has finally decided which song will be last. Like you cracked the code (you've finally figured it out).

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2010, 06:28:24 am »
I think when she says 'Cracked' she means she has finally decided which song will be last. Like you cracked the code (you've finally figured it out).

Good analogy. I can see where you're coming from. Anyway, I just hope she finishes the album soon enough..

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2010, 08:00:01 am »
Ow... London should definitely be shot in London... But it should have this Gothic Victorian era typey feel to it... ya know what I mean. for me the heavenly creatures are Gargoyles. I see gargoyles and gargoyles alone!!!

Gargoyles.

But yeah... she should do something like that. :P
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2010, 09:01:37 am »
Ow... London should definitely be shot in London... But it should have this Gothic Victorian era typey feel to it... ya know what I mean. for me the heavenly creatures are Gargoyles. I see gargoyles and gargoyles alone!!!

Gargoyles.

But yeah... she should do something like that. :P

Oh, yes, I agree with you. Especially with the gargoyles and gargoyles part. :D

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2010, 10:03:58 am »
So when are we thinking this album will be out?
.. It sounds almost done.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2010, 09:27:37 pm »

Maybe we'll get more updates from her appearance in the incoming Nashville Pride Festival.

vttmishere

• do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2010, 04:54:51 am »

Maybe we'll get more updates from her appearance in the incoming Nashville Pride Festival.
I really think it'll come out some time in september. I got the feeling from what she'd shared with us that it's pretty much done.
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'