Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 342915 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: New album will be called "Rabbits on the Run"
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2010, 07:41:34 am »
So when are we thinking this album will be out?
.. It sounds almost done.

Maybe we'll get more updates from her appearance in the incoming Nashville Pride Festival.
I really think it'll come out some time in september. I got the feeling from what she'd shared with us that it's pretty much done.

I certainly hope it's going to be released on or before September.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2010, 07:47:31 am »
yeah i hope so too. maybe august? or july possibly? i'm patiently waiting l=)

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:25 am »
yeah i hope so too. maybe august? or july possibly? i'm patiently waiting l=)
Thats around what i was hopeing for.. I dont want to wait for september :/

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2010, 02:09:56 pm »
I'm hoping for early to mid August. My birthday's the 14th, so it'd be amazing if it came out on or before it.

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2010, 12:23:58 pm »
I'm hoping for early to mid August. My birthday's the 14th, so it'd be amazing if it came out on or before it.

My birthday is the 15th! I was thinking the same thing. :)
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2010, 01:18:16 pm »
Sara Bareilles's new album comes out early September, if she comes out the same time there might be a blood bath haha.I want V to beat her to market by like a week : ) Then again if they come out the same time they might be able to co-sell each other which would be fantastic

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2010, 06:08:36 pm »
or tour together? i think it'd be a great pairing.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2010, 03:36:15 am »
Yeah, touring together sounds really good, but I still hope V'll have an earlier release date than Sara's.

And still waiting for her next update.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:48:52 am by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2010, 08:36:01 am »
Can't wait for the album!!! "London", "Fair-Weathered Friend" and the waltz need to be on the record and I have a strong feeling that they'll be (but that doesn't mean anything... lol) and I really hope "All is Well" and "Best Behavior" will finally get a spot! Those songs NEED to be on an album...

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2010, 10:48:30 am »
Can't wait for the album!!! "London", "Fair-Weathered Friend" and the waltz need to be on the record and I have a strong feeling that they'll be (but that doesn't mean anything... lol) and I really hope "All is Well" and "Best Behavior" will finally get a spot! Those songs NEED to be on an album...
You know what really need to be on the album.. More than 11 songs! That way we sont have amazeing B-sides like 'All is Well' beig left un-recorded.. Well actually we probably still would, but you know.

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2010, 11:52:49 am »
All I ask is for 'All I Ask' to be put on an album. <3 I think Fairweather Friends and London are going to be on the album, but 'Waltz' is looking to be sold.

So, if we count those songs:

1. Fairweather Friends
2. London
3. Moneymaker
4. I Don't Want to be a Bride
5. Waltz?

We have nearly half an album. :0

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2010, 05:38:32 pm »
I kind of hope she sticks to the 11 track thing..I think it's cute! haha.  Who knows maybe they're can be iTunes bonus songs & all that jazz.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2010, 09:43:03 pm »
All I ask is for 'All I Ask' to be put on an album. <3 I think Fairweather Friends and London are going to be on the album, but 'Waltz' is looking to be sold.

1. Fairweather Friends
2. London
3. Moneymaker
5. Waltz?

I just realize we've got nearly half of an album when you finally listed the songs she premiered, LOL.

Regarding to the number of songs to be included in her next record, I hope she could include as much as she could 'cause who knows when will be the time when she's going to release her fifth. I hope she'll include like 20 songs (including the songs that didn't make the previous albums). Maybe I'm asking for much, but I think she'll have more listeners if she include a wider range of songs.

maag

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2010, 02:15:30 am »

1. Fairweather Friends
2. London
3. Moneymaker
5. Waltz?

I just realize we've got nearly half of an album when you finally listed the songs she premiered, LOL.

Regarding to the number of songs to be included in her next record, I hope she could include as much as she could 'cause who knows when will be the time when she's going to release her fifth. I hope she'll include like 20 songs (including the songs that didn't make the previous albums). Maybe I'm asking for much, but I think she'll have more listeners if she include a wider range of songs.

Maybe the reason why she releases her albums each two or three years is that she doesn't think up about 20 songs she considers worth recording in that time.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:20 am »
I really can't see songs like Best Behaviour or All I Ask making an album now :(
I've always thought the best thing for V to do (and for us), would be to release an acoustic album of old/rare songs between albums.
I like her 11 track thing, she has a cohesive idea for each record and doesn't just want to stick everything on there, yet us nessaholics are always harping on about all these songs she has that we love but will never see the light of day.
So in the long wait between her 4th and 5th albums, just release a stripped down set with some of these tracks (and a couple of unheard ones) to keep us tiding over. Just piano, or maybe with some violin, so that we could finally have recorded versions of these gems!
Even just release it digitally on itunes or her website. It would be inexpensive and she has more than enough material to do it! The longer time passes, the more I fear all these songs will just go to waste.

My Dream Tracklist:
Vanessa Carlton - Acoustic Rarities

1. Morning Sting
2. Best Behaviour
3. All I Ask
4. Birdie
5. Carnival
6. Ameriteen
7. Little Mary
8. All is Well

Plus 2-3 new songs.
Let's not forget whatever she was playing in Gotti's Way, that sounded AMAZING! (and cribs, and Pleased to meet you...) lol.
She probably wouldn't want to release anything as old as from the demo tape, but I'm pretty sure she has many unused or unfinished songs lying around inside her head.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:29:41 am by TRINIST »