Author Topic: Something about the Vanessa Carlton "Demo" Tape  (Read 59521 times)

nessamoron

• Make me high on lullabies
    • ICQ Messenger - 37545855
    • MSN Messenger - geefunk_cg@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ctgarcia17
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - geefunk_cg
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ctgarcia.com
well
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2003, 08:12:55 pm »
if you want mp3's pm me

*link removed*
This is not a file trading board -Vulturemod
Charles aka nessamoron

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Re: well
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2003, 08:16:57 pm »
Quote from: "nessamoron"
I decided to release them in MP3 format.  They were from tape so the need to keep them in SHN format is kinda silly.  so here is the link for the mp3s *link removed*

Ohh ohh thank you!! :)
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re: well
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2003, 11:26:49 pm »
*link removed*
This is not a file trading board -Vulturemod

Note: I hate making shit like this public, but you crossed a line this time BV.  And it's time other people on the MB see how you abuse power.

Removing a link to his website where he is hosting VC related files is completely uncalled for.  You say "This is not a file trading board" but that's EXACTLY what YOU use it for.  You hypocrite!

You posted a link to your own file server advertising VC bootlegs in a Topic that is SIGNIFICANTLY more innapropriate than this one.  If you don't know what or where I am talking about, i'll be happy to PM you specifics.

You admited to being an elitist prick, you admited to bring an asshole, now are you prepared to admit to being a hypocrite as well?

If you wanna play the "this is not a file trading board" then atleast do it universally and enforce your OWN rules on yourself and stop posting links to files.  Jesus, there are links to Mp3's ON THIS SITE.

Now lets pretend you decide to enforce this universally on everyone, including YOU, show me where in the rules it says we can't post links to files?  If you can show it to me, then I'll concede that Charles was wrong.... but then I expect an apology from YOU for YOUR constant rule breaking.  IN FACT, if you had half a pair, you'd drop your Mod status due to your own inability to follow the rules.  But I feel confident you are too drunk with your power trips to do that.  There has been an undercurrent of dislike for you prevelant on both MB's for soooooo long   but I never understood why until the last month when I finally saw you in all your glory.

I promise you, I will throw this one back in your face as often as possible.  You better pray no one on this MB posts and links to any files ever.  And you better get the MP3's out of the FAQ.  Because this is not a file trading mb, now is it?

Man, I try my best to give you the benefit of the doubt at EVERY turn, but then you go and do MORE dumb shit like this.....

Quote from: "littlebabyjesus"
*cries*
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

nessamoron

• View Profile
damn...
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2003, 11:40:23 pm »
everyone has been nut checking the mods today... hahahah I don't care if he takes the link away... if anyway really wants to know where the files are they can pm me, email me, aim me, msn me... whatever... Its not even a thing.  I am a mod on a similar board but for Nelly Furtado, and I have to admit I have had to remove links to files that I myself downloaded just cause I had either other people breathing down my neck or dreamworks treatening legal action.  Its all good, Andrew it doesn't bother me.  I am so easy going and understand his position on this, as well as most of the other mods on this site.
Charles aka nessamoron

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Re: damn...
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2003, 11:42:35 pm »
everyone has been nut checking the mods today... hahahah I don't care if he takes the link away... if anyway really wants to know where the files are they can pm me, email me, aim me, msn me... whatever... Its not even a thing.  I am a mod on a similar board but for Nelly Furtado, and I have to admit I have had to remove links to files that I myself downloaded just cause I had either other people breathing down my neck or dreamworks treatening legal action.  Its all good, Andrew it doesn't bother me.  I am so easy going and understand his position on this, as well as most of the other mods on this site.

The problem isn't his position.  The problem is his refusal to enforce the rules both way.  If the rule is that this MB isn't for file trading, then hiding it in special hidden forums or making it part of the NH.com site doesn't suddenly make it ok.

Either VC related file trading is allowed or it is not.  Either way I can deal with, I just want it called both ways.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Something about the Vanessa Carlton "Demo" Tape
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2003, 01:18:18 am »
Quote from: "Andrew"
Either VC related file trading is allowed or it is not. Either way I can deal with, I just want it called both ways.

The decision was taken a long time ago not to allow mp3 sharing on the board to protect nh.com (specifically Joe and Katia) from any legal problems. We made this decision at least a month or two before BV was a mod.

It's not about whether file trading is allowed or not. Neither is it about keeping the mp3s away from anybody. It's about the law and not getting into trouble with it. That's why Kev removed the link. And rightly so.

-Kev

nessamoron

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2003, 01:43:45 am »
ok the shn files are down, I hope a few people got em while they could.  Now I hope everyone who really wants this goes through the tape trade and gets the good quality versions.  As soon as the good quality versions are uploaded to my server and people who contributed start getting their cds, the better versions will be available for download, more than likely in mp3 format.
Charles aka nessamoron

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2003, 05:07:57 am »
hey

i think that the people who have made this available to us (the tree and all) should have a say on what goes on (uploading and things) im gonna wait until everyone has got there cd to start downloading..

i know it isnt available to me but your doing a good job.

probably made no sense but

Jamie :)

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2003, 06:24:53 am »
why does everyone keep on saying they are LOW quality and you're going to get better one...the files are fine. My god. You people are just being picky.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 08, 2003, 06:51:10 am »
hehe

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #160 on: November 08, 2003, 07:09:28 am »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
why does everyone keep on saying they are LOW quality and you're going to get better one...the files are fine. My god. You people are just being picky.

I KNOW!!

its good
its a good quality

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2003, 07:11:29 am »
i mean everyone is like pissed off and getting weird over this tape

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2003, 08:39:52 am »
here here 8)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2003, 09:11:40 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
The decision was taken a long time ago not to allow mp3 sharing on the board to protect nh.com (specifically Joe and Katia) from any legal problems. We made this decision at least a month or two before BV was a mod.

It's not about whether file trading is allowed or not. Neither is it about keeping the mp3s away from anybody. It's about the law and not getting into trouble with it. That's why Kev removed the link. And rightly so.

-Kev

Fair enough.  Then take them ALL DOWN.  I mean, roo's links to Mp3's.  I mean any MP3's hosted for download on this site.  I mean all of the tape trading topics.  I mean all of the "hidden" topics.  All of it.  Roo has been posting information about downloading rarities for severl days now.

If we are gonna say NO COPY PROTECTED material, make it universal and not half assed.  This selective enforcement crap is BS and you know it.

---Andrew

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2003, 09:25:19 am »
i think everyone has just got a little too exited.