Author Topic: Cow Tipping  (Read 16399 times)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2004, 03:27:12 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
They are not generally hurt by it (i mean, come on.  How much damage would it do you to call over?  Like we haven't all tripped and fallen before?)

Also Andrew from all the intelligent things i've seen you say here, you failed on this one. Comparing a human falling to a cow falling?  You can drop an ant 30 stories and it doesnt get hurt, but you drop one of us 30 stories.....Also imagine if a giraffe was running and tripped.   Not all animals are created to withstand falls equally
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2004, 04:01:21 pm »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
They are not generally hurt by it (i mean, come on.  How much damage would it do you to call over?  Like we haven't all tripped and fallen before?)

Also Andrew from all the intelligent things i've seen you say here, you failed on this one. Comparing a human falling to a cow falling?  You can drop an ant 30 stories and it doesnt get hurt, but you drop one of us 30 stories.....Also imagine if a giraffe was running and tripped.   Not all animals are created to withstand falls equally

*agrees with Pete*

Cows can and do get hurt from tipping! I've heard of stories. I have family in Norway who have a dairy farm. We went to stay with them once and he told me that it's happened before. When his cows were in the pasture someone tipped one of them and they had to put it to sleep because it was so badly hurt!

I just think its a pointless prank to do, and why would anyone be so cruel as to want to hurt a innocent animal? There are much better things to do if you're bored, lol.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2004, 11:38:31 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
Quote from: "Scotty"
Cow tipping, why would u wanna turn Britney in her sleep :D

You think Britney is a cow? That's kind of odd because she is really thin...maybe you like belimic girls better! Lets see if we can find you one,sweety!!  :roll:

*image what you would think of me if you saw me....jesus!*

she isnt skinny at all she has gotten real fat

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2004, 03:25:13 am »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
Cow tipping, why would u wanna turn Britney in her sleep :D

You think Britney is a cow? That's kind of odd because she is really thin...maybe you like belimic girls better! Lets see if we can find you one,sweety!!  :roll:

*image what you would think of me if you saw me....jesus!*

she isnt skinny at all she has gotten real fat

omg is that what you think fat is? That's the size of a normal human! My god...do you want everyone to be paper thin? comments like that really make me realize how stupid people are. Why don't I just go throw up right now so I won't be called and elephant according to you. My god.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2004, 04:02:40 am »
I think he just doesn't like Britney.  It has nothing to do with how fat she is.  But he makes a rude comment anyway.  Oh well.

tylor

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2004, 06:06:29 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
I think he just doesn't like Britney.  It has nothing to do with how fat she is.  But he makes a rude comment anyway.  Oh well.

tylor

Yeah, saying someone is a cow here doesn't mean they're fat. But Scott seems to think Britney is fat too...
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Cow Tipping
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2004, 07:08:09 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
P.S It is also blatantly your fault for attempting to tip a cow in the first place, one word- FOOL.

I agree.  I take full blame for youthfull stupidity.  But god damn, you ever seen a 12 year old leap a 6 foot fence in a single bound?  It's fucking funny.

And @ Pete - BS.  Maybe that happened once, but as I have repeatedly stated... I live in KENTUCKY.  My uncle owns a horse farm and had dairy cattle, I had 2 friends growing up who lived on farmland one of who was within bike riding distance from my house (the other was a few hours away, but we used to go there on weekend sometimes).  I am quite familiar with cattle and I have NEVER seen a cow suffering significant damage from being knocked over.  Mostly they just go Moooooooooo and get back up.  Fuck, I've SEEN cattle fall over on their own when trying to graze in a pack on an awkward spot on a hill!

Nature isn't stupid enough to make animals that can't trip and fall without having to be put down.  Maybe your stepfathers customer or whatever was raising meat stock and was OVER feeding them and giving them growth hormones to the point where they were too top heavy.  That happens sometimes, and it's fucking stupid but don't PRETEND like that is the norm, because it isn't.  

NORMAL healthy CATTLE, especially dairy cattle, can fall over and it doesn't hurt them one bit... barring falling on a rock or off a ledge or something stupid like that.

Edit @ Holy - You grew up in a different place.  Don't judge till you've been there.  I can assure there were probably a dozen things you did as a child that I would find stupid or cruel or unnecessary.  The diff between the midwest and the west coast are as different as NYC and Paris.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2004, 07:13:47 am »
P.S It is also blatantly your fault for attempting to tip a cow in the first place, one word- FOOL.

I agree.  I take full blame for youthfull stupidity.  But god damn, you ever seen a 12 year old leap a 6 foot fence in a single bound?  It's fucking funny.

Billy Elliot!

The diff between the midwest and the west coast are as different as NYC and Paris.

Hmmm i wouldn't say there's loads of difference between NYC and Paris actually.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Cow Tipping
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2004, 07:20:44 am »
Billy Elliot!

I have no idea who that is.

Shush! Who's side are you on, anyways?!?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Cow Tipping
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2004, 08:10:19 am »
This has to be the wierdest debate thread ever... 8O  :lol:  :wink:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2004, 08:53:24 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"

tylor

Bingo! 8O

Yeah, saying someone is a cow here doesn't mean they're fat. But Scott seems to think Britney is fat too...

I didn't mean Britney is fat I just think she has got fatter and as Rosie said Brits use the word fat just as an insult not to mean someone is fat.

I didnt mean to offend u Shelly, sorry.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Manda

• View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2004, 09:02:13 am »
I didnt mean to offend u Shelly, sorry.

thats nice.  :D

:wink:

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2004, 09:57:27 am »
Billy Elliot!

I have no idea who that is.

Someone didn't pay attention in class. In fact i believe in the picture he is indeed jumping over his imaginary fence...or not.

Shush! Who's side are you on, anyways?!?

Occasionally (and i mean occasionally) i do feel inclined to stop BSing. This was one of those times, *hangs head in shame*

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Cow Tipping
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2004, 10:12:05 am »
Someone didn't pay attention in class. In fact i believe in the picture he is indeed jumping over his imaginary fence...or not.

Hmmm. So its that great eh? I might have to hire it out now. I always deliberately avoided seeing it because I've never seen a Brittish film that I've really liked (well, at least not one that doesn't star Robert "The Legend" Carlyle).

-Kev

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2004, 10:20:02 am »

Edit @ Holy - You grew up in a different place.  Don't judge till you've been there.  I can assure there were probably a dozen things you did as a child that I would find stupid or cruel or unnecessary.  The diff between the midwest and the west coast are as different as NYC and Paris.

You once got mad at me for me telling to dont do sometime (ie make fun of depression), now you're telling me don't judge something. Can you say hypocrite?
I know I don't live in a place with cows anywhere near it, but I have lots of family (family in norway, idaho, etc) that has, and that's where I get my judgement about it. Actually my grandparents had a ranch which I spent a lot of time on growing up.... I know I dont have the most knowledge on it, but I have enough to give an opinion if I choose to.
Cows CAN get hurt from cow tipping. Humans CAN get hit from falling down. Someone in my family fell down and was hurt so badly they had a stroke. Yeah... they were old. But can you really be sure that every cow that people tip over is healthy and young, and therefore it won't hurt them?
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"