Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale-First single??  (Read 175913 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Nolita Fairytale-First single??
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2007, 03:53:57 am »
Quote from: "Rainy night"
A lot of people seem to don't really like V new song  :cry:

From what I've seen, it's the other way around for me ;)

Rainy night

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2007, 04:14:25 am »
From people around me I only get negative feedback on Nolita Fairytale... I just wish I could spread more 'Nolita fairytale' love around me... And reading some of the posts on the board made me more sad...  :cry:  

Quote from: "white_houses"

That's so great if people around you like Nolita Fairytale (I want people to love Nolita Fairytale so V's come back is gonna be huge  :heart: )!!!
You actually gave me hope back white_houses  :D
Thanks!!!  :wink:
Looking at you, holding my breath
For once in my life, I'm scared to death
I'm taking a chance, letting you inside...

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2007, 04:28:14 am »
From people around me I only get negative feedback on Nolita Fairytale... I just wish I could spread more 'Nolita fairytale' love around me... And reading some of the posts on the board made me more sad...  :cry:  

That's so great if people around you like Nolita Fairytale (I want people to love Nolita Fairytale so V's come back is gonna be huge  :heart: )!!!

I agree with White Houses. On Nessaholics, all I'm seeing around is positive feedback with only a couple of people admitting to not liking it and maybe a few speculative comments about it not being the right first single as its too person. Asides that, it's almost all positive. I know me and a few Nessasholics hate the part where Nessa says, "Hey" as it reminds us of Avril Lavigne and her, "HEY HEY I DON'T WANNA BE YOUR GIIIIIIRLFWEND!", which we all dispise.

Formerly known as Meraphix

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 12, 2007, 06:57:48 am »
Quote from: "HarmySandwhich"

I agree with White Houses. On Nessaholics, all I'm seeing around is positive feedback with only a couple of people admitting to not liking it and maybe a few speculative comments about it not being the right first single as its too person. Asides that, it's almost all positive. I know me and a few Nessasholics hate the part where Nessa says, "Hey" as it reminds us of Avril Lavigne and her, "HEY HEY I DON'T WANNA BE YOUR GIIIIIIRLFWEND!", which we all dispise.

I scond that hey part thats the one song I quickly thought of when I heard of but hey she has to apeal to those people who like that music somehow.Not saying they are bad but still.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2007, 07:14:26 am »
i've determined it's mediocre at best.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 12, 2007, 08:41:30 am »
I know me and a few Nessasholics hate the part where Nessa says, "Hey" as it reminds us of Avril Lavigne and her, "HEY HEY I DON'T WANNA BE YOUR GIIIIIIRLFWEND!", which we all dispise.

Well, "hey" is a word so it doesn't necessarily sound like Avril saying hey. That's kind of a silly comment in my opinion.
Plus there are people here who like Avril's song and new cd and I'm one of them so we don't "all despise" it.
To me, NF doesn't sound "kiddy", it's a pop song about fairytales. Like jsbachsonata said, it sounds more mature than WH.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

HarmySandwhich

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 12, 2007, 12:05:29 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
I know me and a few Nessasholics hate the part where Nessa says, "Hey" as it reminds us of Avril Lavigne and her, "HEY HEY I DON'T WANNA BE YOUR GIIIIIIRLFWEND!", which we all dispise.

Well, "hey" is a word so it doesn't necessarily sound like Avril saying hey. That's kind of a silly comment in my opinion.
Plus there are people here who like Avril's song and new cd and I'm one of them so we don't "all despise" it.
To me, NF doesn't sound "kiddy", it's a pop song about fairytales. Like jsbachsonata said, it sounds more mature than WH.

When I said "we", I was referring to the select few who didn't like it (should really have made that clearer). I didn't say it sounded like Avril, I said it reminded me of her and I made it clear I didn't really like her. Of course, anyone is free to say, "HEY" but i'm just one of those who think the song would be better off without it.
However, I must agree with your last comment.

Formerly known as Meraphix

UltimateVC

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Nolita Fairytale
« Reply #292 on: June 12, 2007, 01:02:27 pm »
I actually really like Nolita Fairytale. The only "childish" songs of Vanessa were on her demo tape especially "faces" and "wonder." The only song that i don't really like by vanessa is... from her old stuff: faces, last fall, and from her new stuff: heroes and thieves. I don't know why but those songs just never got to me. Unfortunately, Nolita Fairytale sounds like something someone would sing when they're pissed off. Like changing the lyrics to a real song and putting in your lyrics of why you're mad.
And now you look at me
And see what I've known for so long
It's sad that you can be
So lovely, yet so wrong

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 12, 2007, 01:11:20 pm »
I just wanted to say that Nolita Fairytale is a VERY good song, it has her own lyrics about all the things she's been through over the past. Yes its a change, but a good one. Even if it doesn't do well, its not a big deal. She's an amazing artist remember? She will never stop playing for us and so MANY people came out to see her live at her shows when Harmonium came out. I felt like a sardine in a can. I'm hoping for the best and I'm sure things will go well, but if they don't, thats alright. Her music will inspire us all and its not the sale or recognition that is important here. She is important to us and we know that.

As for Avril, I really like Avril Lavigne and "The Best Damn Thing" was different and very catchy. It was a new side and there are some good songs on the album: Innocence, When You're Gone, Keep Holding On. Everyone has a different opinion and you can't please anyone.

Still hoping for the best! I bet the shows are going to be paaaacked too!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Extraordinary Machine

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 12, 2007, 02:18:44 pm »
Well, I think it's really breezy and fresh, the perfect summer pop record - I just wish it had been released a little earlier! I still think "White Houses" is better though :)
Quote from: "remixx"
can someone give me the background about the whole "take my record deal away" thing? and stevie nicks?? what does she have to do with this besides being a tour mate?

I think it's to do with Stevie taking Vanessa under her wing in a way, and introducing her to a new audience after A&M dropped her.

reveng_desire

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - sammy0190@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpiratiesAnon
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - reveng_desire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #295 on: June 12, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
lol again with the whole 'hey'

where does she say hey that i don't hear it? or maybe I just hear a very 'ey' version of ohhhhhhhhhhhh

lol sorry
Do You Notice How Many Lonely Hearts Are LUNATICS Out There??

ThomasEj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2007, 03:11:34 pm »
uyeah

I was sceptical when I heard the short clip...but now I really like it. it's light, pleasant and catchy and ... :D just fine song :D
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2007, 05:25:44 pm »
I think people are just getting used to it.  it is just very different.  When it starts rotating on the radio people will warm up to it after a few times/days if they don't immediately like it right off the bat.  Besides we have another single set up just in case this one doesn't take off that will do very well.  I think this one will be in the top twenty pretty quickly.  I already have it on rotation on my computer(I don't have a portable player(e.g. ipod.)  I listen to at least 4+ hours of music a day despite that.  I spend alot of time at home so it is not unlike me to listen to 8+ hours of music on a weekday after coming home from work.  That is alot of music for someone who doesn't own an ipod or similar device.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"

When I said "we", I was referring to the select few who didn't like it (should really have made that clearer). I didn't say it sounded like Avril, I said it reminded me of her and I made it clear I didn't really like her. Of course, anyone is free to say, "HEY" but i'm just one of those who think the song would be better off without it.
However, I must agree with your last comment.

I think the "hey!" sounds awkward. "Girlfriend" isn't the only song of Avril's with a "hey!" in it. The "hey!" kinda reminds me of Avril too because it seems like something that is Avril's style (and I do like some Avril songs; I don't despise her, even though I don't like "Girlfriend") and not Vanessa's. Avril has/had that punk-y pop thing, which a "hey" fits into, but with Vanessa it sounds misplaced... so I don't think it is a "silly comment". I agree that the song would be better without it.

I love so many of Vanessa's song but I'm not obligated to like this one just because it's new.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2007, 07:00:46 pm »
Is just a "Hey!" is not like the song or the album are full of them. And I think it sounds cute.