Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale-First single??  (Read 179443 times)

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Nolita Fairytale-First single??
« Reply #495 on: June 23, 2007, 09:47:29 am »
Quote from: "charmed_one"
I think it is in B Major too :nod:. Not that I'm any expert though :razz: And thanks for the tip Vanessafan18 :D.

Well, I played around with it and I think it's in Eb major. The first three chords are, if anyone can try it...

right hand: Bb........Ab(2x).......(octave higher) Bb G

left hand: Eb+Bb....F+C (2x)....Eb Bb Eb

It's really confusing, but the ones connected with + are chords they're like the bass.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #496 on: June 23, 2007, 10:14:21 am »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"
Quote from: "charmed_one"
I think it is in B Major too :nod:. Not that I'm any expert though :razz: And thanks for the tip Vanessafan18 :D.

Well, I played around with it and I think it's in Eb major. The first three chords are, if anyone can try it...

right hand: Bb........Ab(2x).......(octave higher) Bb G

left hand: Eb+Bb....F+C (2x)....Eb Bb Eb

It's really confusing, but the ones connected with + are chords they're like the bass.

Ya im like 100% sure its in Eb.....there are two big indicators...
1. The last note she plays is Eb....(this isnt always an accurate way of looking at the key of a song...but it often is right)
2. When she plays that loud octave part of the song where she goes up 5 notes...she plays Ab, Bb, C, D, Eb. That pretty much shows you its in Eb. :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 23, 2007, 10:46:26 am »
I sorta figured the song out. I'll try to make a video but I can't figure out the "Well, Stevie knows..." part and all the exact notes towards the end.  It's pretty easy to figure out actually  :) but I'm not sure about the accuracy though.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2007, 10:54:43 am »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"
I sorta figured the song out. I'll try to make a video but I can't figure out the "Well, Stevie knows..." part and all the exact notes towards the end.  It's pretty easy to figure out actually  :) but I'm not sure about the accuracy though.

awesome...cant wait :D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 23, 2007, 12:17:44 pm »
I know everyone's entitled to their opinion but I don't quite understand why people are giving VC cr*p about NF.
She's an artist and artists have different sides. NF is Vanessa's fun side, just a light-hearted, summer-ish song and a song that tries to appeal to the general audience.
Of course, most of us (including myself) like Vanessa's "darker side" more, with songs like HAWBTW or HOM but I'm not gonna deny that I also enjoy the more radio friendly songs.
Just my 2 cents and a little rant about all this.  :wink:

Oh and the video was nice, thanks for posting it!!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #500 on: June 23, 2007, 12:29:29 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
I know everyone's entitled to their opinion but I don't quite understand why people are giving VC cr*p about NF.
She's an artist and artists have different sides. NF is Vanessa's fun side, just a light-hearted, summer-ish song and a song that tries to appeal to the general audience.
Of course, most of us (including myself) like Vanessa's "darker side" more, with songs like HAWBTW or HOM but I'm not gonna deny that I also enjoy the more radio friendly songs.

Oh and the video was nice, thanks for posting it!!

I agree with you 100%...exept for the fact that i prefer the less dark songs... :)

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 23, 2007, 12:53:43 pm »
I've been gone for like 12 days and I wasn't sure if anyone heard this version of NF. or just the performance video.

http://www.myspace.com/nolitafairytale

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #502 on: June 23, 2007, 01:03:30 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
I've been gone for like 12 days and I wasn't sure if anyone heard this version of NF. or just the performance video.

http://www.myspace.com/nolitafairytale

Ya weve heard that. Thats the actual album version... :)

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Gone Gone Gone
« Reply #503 on: June 23, 2007, 01:09:51 pm »
okay good. I hate being gone for so long....then you have to read EVERYTHING. it's so over whelming

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 23, 2007, 01:57:10 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"

Just as you are entitled to your '2 cents' so is everyone else on this board. Part of being a mature fan is not worshipping everything Vanessa puts out but looking at it with a critical eye. You could say this is doing Vanessa more of a service as a fan than simply blinding accepting everything she releases.

For some of the more musical people on here, this is clearly going to come into their judgement of a song. If people think it is childish, they are more than welcome to critically evaluate the song in this way (or 'give vanessa crap about it' as you so aptly put it).

I can see why you want everyone to love 'both sides' of Vanessa- but the fact is not everyone does. I think more than anything it's because this song appears to be a reversion to a less sophisticated style of writing that people didn't expect from a supposedly more musically mature Vanessa.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
« Reply #505 on: June 23, 2007, 02:01:19 pm »
You know what?
I love that song now lol.

and yes honestly I haven't listened to Vanessa's cd's in a long while but her single and all this buzz is getting me back into it.  so yeah, still a fan even if I take breaks and what not.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 23, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »
You're always looking way too much into things.
But whatever Rosie...I'm done arguing with you because you always want to be right.  :roll:
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 23, 2007, 04:08:43 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=201486306

Here's a link to a music page for Nolita Fairytale with Vanessa Carlton's name listed as the title of the song and Nolita Fairytale as the artist.

This is just for the nit picky people who don't want Andrew's name listed under the song on their MySpace, haha, no offense Andrew, you're awesome for putting it up on your page too.

For those of us who don't know myspace that well. How do we add this player to our myspace page?
Edit .. nevermind... I found the "Add" option... I don't know where my head was at..
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 23, 2007, 04:12:36 pm »
Quote from: "VaderDawsn"
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=201486306

Here's a link to a music page for Nolita Fairytale with Vanessa Carlton's name listed as the title of the song and Nolita Fairytale as the artist.

This is just for the nit picky people who don't want Andrew's name listed under the song on their MySpace, haha, no offense Andrew, you're awesome for putting it up on your page too.

For those of us who don't know myspace that well. How do we add this player to our myspace page?

just click by the song name first you have to manke sure that you are logged in and than click on 'add' and than just click yes and than bam.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 23, 2007, 04:27:43 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
just click by the song name first you have to manke sure that you are logged in and than click on 'add' and than just click yes and than bam.

Thanks. I figured it out a couple of minutes after I posted the Q... As a computer geek I hang my head in shame  :razz:  j/k, even the most tech-savie have moments of "huh" and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home