Author Topic: southern california is on fire. almost every city.  (Read 24560 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
southern california is on fire. almost every city.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 09:23:09 am »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"
Whatever, we do have bomb weather. And just because some people here like to brag about it, doesn't mean we deserve to have hundreds and hundreds of homes burn down. I could see your point if we were talking about sunshine and then it rained on us. But we're talking about dangerous fires that have already taken one life and are threatening thousands more. We do have awesome weather most of the time and what is it to you if we brag about it? I can't believe you'd sit there and say that these people deserve to have their lives torn apart.

Let me make this very clear to you: YOU CAUSE THE FIRES.

If you didn't live there, and didn't try and stop the fires year after year after year, the fires would be small.  But people do, so when they finally break free, they burn EVERYTHING.

it is the fault of the people who choose to live there.

They absolutly deserve it.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

vcfan

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 09:29:09 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

If you didn't live there, and didn't try and stop the fires year after year after year, the fires would be small.  But people do, so when they finally break free, they burn EVERYTHING.

really? we all personally try to stop the fires year after year? i've lived here all my life and i can only remember one other fire and i had nothing to do with stopping it. obviously there's been tons of other fires, but clearly since i don't even know about them, i had NOTHING to do with causing them OR stopping them. you can't say that every california resident, or ANY resident, deserves this. we're just living here minding our own business... i'm sorry my mother gave birth to me in california and i'm 19 and not even close to having enough money to live elsewhere let alone move out of the state. to say that we deserve it for simply LIVING here is ridiculous.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 10:09:08 am »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"
really? we all personally try to stop the fires year after year? i've lived here all my life and i can only remember one other fire and i had nothing to do with stopping it. obviously there's been tons of other fires, but clearly since i don't even know about them, i had NOTHING to do with causing them OR stopping them. you can't say that every california resident, or ANY resident, deserves this. we're just living here minding our own business... i'm sorry my mother gave birth to me in california and i'm 19 and not even close to having enough money to live elsewhere let alone move out of the state. to say that we deserve it for simply LIVING here is ridiculous.

Seriously, what are you actually?  12?  11?  Maybe if you keep telling yourself your powerless you'll get your wish.

Your family could have moved at any time.  Saying it's not your fault because you're only 19 is pathetic.  Ask DivaSteph how long she's been taking care of herself.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 10:37:17 am »
Seriously, what are you actually?  12?  11?  Maybe if you keep telling yourself your powerless you'll get your wish.

Your family could have moved at any time.  Saying it's not your fault because you're only 19 is pathetic.  Ask DivaSteph how long she's been taking care of herself.

haha yes, i'm actually 12... i thought i fooled you.

whatever. it's my fault california is burning. i'm going to go tell my family and friends that i've been lazy my whole life, but i'm gonna start taking care of myself and peace out. i'm moving to kentucky where no one can blame me for burning down a state. PLEASE.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 11:39:17 am »
Eeee, I saw that on the news, this is crazy.
I really hope everyone here from Cali is okay.
Makes me worried about my ex-gf who lives in SD... :?
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 12:19:56 pm »
Andrew that is the most god damn stupid fucking thing that has EVER come out of your mouth, and most of the stuff that comes out of your mouth is bullshit anyway.

We do not cause the fires, it is caused by the dry weather and the heat. They said we were going to have a dry winter.

It is no one's fault for starting them, its nature. We cannot help but to save lives and put out the fires of people's homes, schools, and other areas that are starting to continue to get out of control. If we just let the fires keep on going, they would grow and spread and then everything would be destroyed.

You always want to be right, you always want to put people down, you always want to make things seem darker and worse than they are. Just stop it already. Have some god damn sympathy for the people who are caught in these things, they live there. They CHOOSE to live there yes, but no matter where you live there will ALWAYS be a risk. Even in Kentucky.

I am okay, along with other Southern Californians, I heard it was mostly Northern California. Peace be with everyone being hurt by the fires.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

LimeTwister

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 02:00:50 pm »
What he's saying comes from earth science.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 02:32:32 pm »
It's unfortunate, but it's true that the reason the wild fires get so bad is because the dried leaves and debris build up so much when we keep them from happening, that when one slips by it's usually huge.

It's also stupid, in my opinion, to live places where earthquakes are regular occurences... especially if you own a multi million dollar home.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 02:44:28 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
What he's saying comes from earth science.

You mean what I'm concerned about is based on earth science.  What Grakthis is saying is something most people would consider an immature egotistical  expression of a personal position based on earth science and some sick twisted idea of petty insignificant revenge.   :lol:

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 02:46:59 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
It's unfortunate, but it's true that the reason the wild fires get so bad is because the dried leaves and debris build up so much when we keep them from happening, that when one slips by it's usually huge.

It's also stupid, in my opinion, to live places where earthquakes are regular occurences... especially if you own a multi million dollar home.

Yeah, but if you think they are stupid for living there, why do you want stupid people to move up to the northeast?  I thought that was the whole point of California.  :wink:

soupdujour

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 03:40:59 pm »
Grakthis, stfu and go eat your fried chicken.

Maybe people choose to live here because they enjoy the Californian lifestyle?  You midwesterners wouldn't know, you're too busy milking cows and such.  It's all the poor people who do this to us. They drive up our lavish mansion-lined hills, smoke their cigarettes and flick them out of their shitty Toyotas, then the burning cigarette goes down a cliff and catches on fire because of the wind (I've witnessed this happen). Why do they do this? So us wealthy people who have worked hard to be where we are are forced to be evacuated? Pathetic.  :roll:

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 04:22:07 pm »
It's not terrible.  It's not terrible at all.

If you choose to live in a place that is subject to wildfires, do not expect me to feel sorry for you when they happen.

You are an ASSHOLE. You don't think it's terrible that people could possibly DIE from all these fires? Do you not know how many fires are burning here? obviously not. its not just in the mountain areas & in the "wilderness" areas, they are actually IN the cities! hell there's one in mine & we NEVER get fires in this part of town. there's basically one in every city. it's so big that over 500,000 people had to be evacuated. Don't you dare tell me all 500,000 should have known this would happen thats a hell of a lot of people to take that chance.

if your house ever burns down i won't feel sorry for you thats for sure.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 04:25:56 pm »

what the hell are you supposed to do, let the fires burn everything down & kill people??? you make NO sense! you are a freaking moron.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 04:28:07 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Eeee, I saw that on the news, this is crazy.
I really hope everyone here from Cali is okay.
Makes me worried about my ex-gf who lives in SD... :?

omg ghisy, CALL HER. like i said earlier, san diego has it the worst i believe. one person has already died there.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 04:46:38 pm »
I've had to deal with salvaging fire ravaged shit before, not fun. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Anyway, lets stop the arguing and talk about the story at hand here and its impact instead of pointing fingers and saying whose fault it is/was/could be/etc., because frankly it doesn't matter.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...