Author Topic: southern california is on fire. almost every city.  (Read 24784 times)

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
southern california is on fire. almost every city.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2007, 04:55:23 pm »
i lurve fried chicken...

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2007, 06:31:26 pm »
maybe if people started ignoring Grakthis' ridiculous comments and feeding his ego he'd get off his high horse, take the stick out of his ass and get over himself.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

xxlovelyxx

• AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2007, 06:35:26 pm »
Grakthis reminds me of satan....

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2007, 06:40:31 pm »
Quote from: "Jessica"
maybe if people started ignoring Grakthis' ridiculous comments and feeding his ego he'd get off his high horse, take the stick out of his ass and get over himself.

haha my cousin cracks me up!

I do love Andrew, but we all know he can be an asshole!  He also loves to argue!  

I love you, Andrew! xoxo

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »
Quote from: "Jessica"

no i don't think we should ignore him, i think we should stick up for ourselves.

nicole, you & jessica are cousins?

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2007, 09:43:32 pm »
:roll:   So said Hitler's Girlfriend.

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 05:19:26 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"

Who are you referring to?

Some people on this forum can be extremely annoying, some can be lured out of their tents very easily, some just can't seem to keep their big mouth shut, and some seem to be way too bored, or don't seem to have a life, making a lot of threads filled with discussions, making them go off topic.
Not much wrong with that, it's just too bad that often, it seems to be necessary to call others names (how old are you all again?? :lol: ) or whine about how someone can't make a correct sentence while you can't even spell the word 'sentence' correctly.

I think that maybe, Andrew is a bit bored and likes to rile people up by throwing a comment into a thread that he knows will make people go insane.
And of course they take the bait. :D

Ok, now on topic:
I feel terrible for all the people (and animals, sheesh) that are somehow affected by the fires, and I really hope that the damage won't get any worse than it already is.

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 05:52:16 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
It's unfortunate, but it's true that the reason the wild fires get so bad is because the dried leaves and debris build up so much when we keep them from happening, that when one slips by it's usually huge.

It's also stupid, in my opinion, to live places where earthquakes are regular occurences... especially if you own a multi million dollar home.

4 of the top 10 most dangerous cities in the US are in California.

edit: dangerous due to natural disasters, that is.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 05:54:03 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
It's not terrible.  It's not terrible at all.

If you choose to live in a place that is subject to wildfires, do not expect me to feel sorry for you when they happen.

You are an ASSHOLE. You don't think it's terrible that people could possibly DIE from all these fires? Do you not know how many fires are burning here? obviously not. its not just in the mountain areas & in the "wilderness" areas, they are actually IN the cities! hell there's one in mine & we NEVER get fires in this part of town. there's basically one in every city. it's so big that over 500,000 people had to be evacuated. Don't you dare tell me all 500,000 should have known this would happen thats a hell of a lot of people to take that chance.

if your house ever burns down i won't feel sorry for you thats for sure.

Hahahahaha.

If I catch my own house on fire, you shouldn't feel sorry for me.  It's my fault!

CA caught their own state on fire and now they are asking for MY help bailing them out.

Why should I?  They are just gonna rebuild right on the coals and catch their houses on fire again in 2 years.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 05:55:24 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Goodwins law wins again.  Mods, you can go ahead and close this thread now! ^_^

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:47 am »
Quote from: "nicole"
I love you, Andrew! xoxo

<3

---Andrew

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2007, 06:32:44 am »
To whoever said that it's dumb to live in a place where there are earthquakes:

Earthquakes big enough to feel happen every 10 or so years. Earthquakes big enough to destruct happen every like, 70.

We don't get tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, OR floods where I live (which is practically right on a faultline), and large earthquakes are such a rare occurence that I barely think about it.

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2007, 07:33:25 am »
To whoever said that it's dumb to live in a place where there are earthquakes:

Earthquakes big enough to feel happen every 10 or so years. Earthquakes big enough to destruct happen every like, 70.

We don't get tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, OR floods where I live (which is practically right on a faultline), and large earthquakes are such a rare occurence that I barely think about it.

amen! i don't remember feeling ANY earthquake my whole life. actually, i just found out that california was known for them like a couple years ago hahaha.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2007, 08:18:19 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
It's not terrible.  It's not terrible at all.

If you choose to live in a place that is subject to wildfires, do not expect me to feel sorry for you when they happen.

Listen, ladies.  Time for an ecology lesson.  The way that section of land works is such that the wildfires actually RENEW the growth.  The plant life there has evolved such that wildfires are part of the renewal process.  Just like winter is to the NE and midwest.

How arrogant would we be if we moved north and then tried to stop winter from happening?

You say "how tragic."  I say "serves you dumb fucks right for living there!"

Do you know why the Wildfires are so massive?  Because we stop all of the little ones.  We try so hard to stop the small fires that when a fire DOES catch, it's MASSIVE.  Immagine a giant damn filling with water, and you just kep making the walls taller to hold it back.  What happens when it breaks?  It's a shit load worse than it would have been if you'd just gotten wet for the last decade.

This is not New Orleans where people moved there then over time the land has been worn away.  People moved to those areas of CA and kept telling themselves "this won't happen to ME!"  Yes.  Yes it will.

And also, stop building your houses on mountains and crying when mud slides occur.  And stop moving into the wilderness and crying when mountain lions eat your dog.  I don't give a fuck.  And no, you don't deserve federal funding.

According to you, sympathy and empathy are wasteful emotions. What a great way to live your life.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2007, 08:50:19 am »
Well, in all my 24 years as a Califonia resident living within 100 miles of San Francisco, I felt 1 earthquake (Loma Prieta, 10/89).  Californians as a whole are not stupid.  We know that our state is prone to earthquakes.  Thusly, we purchase insurance against these things.  Californians who live in SoCal should also have earthquake insurance and fire insurance because lo and behold, this happens every year.

Now, I just moved to Texas, and in all my 2 months as a Texas resident living 200 miles from Houston, I've experienced 1 tropical storm (Erin!) and 1 hurricane (Humberto), and know that hurricanes/tropical storms have lots of wind and rain and cause flooding.  Therefore, I have purchased flood insurance for my home.  It is your responsiblity as a home owner to be aware of any and all risks to your home.  However, if there was a massive earthquake in San Antonio, I'd be the first in line going WTF? lol

So here's a quick run down: West Coast - Earthquakes, wildfires and the occassional El Nino (woo floods!), Gulf Coast - Hurricanes and the associated flooding and wind damage, Tornado Alley/Midwest - Tornados (no shit), North East - blizzards.  Please don't be suprised when these things happen to you.  Because they will.  Be prepared and be smart.

That said, I do feel sorry for those who have lost their possessions because I'd be bummed if I lost everything as well.  It's totally reasonable to feel sorry for anyone who loses something to a natural disaster.  You just need to be aware that these things can and will happen to you too.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness