Author Topic: New article, kind of bad...  (Read 13761 times)

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
New article, kind of bad...
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 08:19:06 am »
:roll:  Oh, I TOTALLY buy that he is/was a promoter or promo guy.  Most of them are a dime a dozen, and about as disposable as shirts.  And when they answer a third-rate blog, it makes one wonder what work they're really doing.  My guess? Watching Judge Mathis.

So this reviewer doesn't get it.  So what?  There is no one artist that everyone gets, not even The Beatles or Beethoven or you name it.  Criticism of my fave artists used to make me nuts, but now I could not care less if someone else likes something I like or not.

Dan/NS

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 08:32:11 am »
She is obviously worth more than the time of day to them.

Next Reviewer!

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 08:45:11 am »
OMG what the fuck is this shit, and then that comment from a "former A&M promoter"!

The reviewer is just a cynic asshole, must be frustrating. Suffer along!

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 10:32:42 am »
Quote from: "nosticker"
:roll:  Oh, I TOTALLY buy that he is/was a promoter or promo guy.  Most of them are a dime a dozen, and about as disposable as shirts.  And when they answer a third-rate blog, it makes one wonder what work they're really doing.  My guess? Watching Judge Mathis.

So this reviewer doesn't get it.  So what?  There is no one artist that everyone gets, not even The Beatles or Beethoven or you name it.  Criticism of my fave artists used to make me nuts, but now I could not care less if someone else likes something I like or not.

Dan/NS

The only reason it upsets me is because of the people reading it.  He can hate her all he wants, but when people read that, they're not going to want to check out her new music.  Lots of people just can't think for themselves!!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 10:45:28 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"

Dan/NS

The only reason it upsets me is because of the people reading it.  He can hate her all he wants, but when people read that, they're not going to want to check out her new music.  Lots of people just can't think for themselves!!

I get you, but it's not as if he is some kind of uber-critic who has credibility.  30 years ago, there were critics with names that had some kind of pull or following.   Today, we have dickheads with laptops that blog.  Whoop-de-doo.  That page probably has less hits than the Jets defensive line.

She's had great writeups in major publications.  This one means nothing.
Real music fans---whom I believe comprise 99% of her audience---will not take this seriously.

Dan/NS

Butz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 10:46:35 am »
He's not Perez, that's a fact!

emil0ca

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - emil0ca@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://devoted.to/cardinalbabes
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 11:02:31 am »
I DO think Vanessa takes herself too seriously sometimes, but guy is delusional if he thinks it doesn't bug her to have to play the ONLY song she is known for. Anyone would have that reaction.

Is this actually a review or just some guy blogging about a concert he went to? Weiiiiiiird.

Nessaholista

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 11:26:50 am »
"Don’t get me wrong: “A Thousand Miles” is..."

:lol:

We're ALL get HIM wrong, right?

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 11:47:47 am »
It’s also quite obvious that Vanessa Carlton didn’t learn, from Mariah Carey.

Even I know there's not supposed to be a comma after "learn".
Since when has Vanessa only worn jean shorts (don't think I've ever seen that anyway) or jeans with masculine clothes?
Lol yeah she's a real tomboy in her Victorian-inspired outfits.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 11:56:04 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"

Dan/NS

I get you, but it's not as if he is some kind of uber-critic who has credibility.  30 years ago, there were critics with names that had some kind of pull or following.   Today, we have dickheads with laptops that blog.  Whoop-de-doo.  That page probably has less hits than the Jets defensive line.

She's had great writeups in major publications.  This one means nothing.
Real music fans---whom I believe comprise 99% of her audience---will not take this seriously.

Dan/NS

Exactly. We shouldn't pay this guy any attention at all. How happy would you be if you were some random blogger and suddenly you realised loads of people had read your article (no matter how bad it is)? Your head grows. So let him write all he wants.

The A&M guy thing is HILARIOUS. I'm SO sure it's real.  :roll:
"I'm all about the wordplay."

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 12:17:22 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
It’s also quite obvious that Vanessa Carlton didn’t learn, from Mariah Carey.

Even I know there's not supposed to be a comma after "learn".
Since when has Vanessa only worn jean shorts (don't think I've ever seen that anyway) or jeans with masculine clothes?
Lol yeah she's a real tomboy in her Victorian-inspired outfits.

LOL. She's a regular Sinead 'O Conner in those Victorian dresses. I noticed that comma too. Nearly tore me apart to read it, considering I write novels and stories for a hobby.

Imaginary Ocean

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 12:37:48 pm »
That's is so MEAN !!!! and I love Jewel....

Poor Vanessa, really hope she won't pay any attention to this !

Boy of Summer

• AOL Instant Messenger - thenolitafairyta
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 01:32:29 pm »
Wow.

What a terrible, shitty, immature and lackluster review.

This lame excuse of a dried chunk of dogshit deserves a nice swift kick in the ass.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 03:16:20 pm »
Did this person see the VC or an someone else? I mean I've seen her twice live and I FELT the emotional connection....
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 03:37:13 pm »
Wow I'm sorry but that article is so funny! I mean it's kinda entertaining to see someone make fun of her.  It's not like this guy's opinion matters.