Poll

Do you support gay rights?

YES
43 (87.8%)
NO
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: December 19, 2007, 02:24:34 pm

Author Topic: I support Gay rights. Do you?  (Read 18312 times)

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
I support Gay rights. Do you?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 08:23:36 pm »
Well, I was thinking about it harder. I was never against it in the first place, and I will never understand how hard it would be. I hate that homosexuals have to defend themselves so much, but I am absolutely pleased that they do. I also hate how much they are ridiculed, and how 'gay' is used in such an offensive way. So I now officially vote yes for supporting. It is SO far from a lost cause.
That's what she said.

Zloska_of_yy

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 04:48:12 am »
Quote from: "ste_uel"
Quote from: "Steveau"
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"

I really have no idea why someone of a gender would be attracted to the same gender, if it's just that way when they were born, or if they were insecure or scared about something their gender had to go through with the opposite one, or even if something bad happened to them.

well, I am gay and I am exactly like YOU, except I do not like the same sex as you, it is not a choice we made to be gay; it is what became of us.  Did you choose to have the looks that you have? NO, it was given to you.

Anyone that thinks someone would choose to be gay in this world is ignorant.

I agree! I have been TOLD that it is a choice that I made to be gay,  NO WAY! why would I choose to go through so much shit? Why would I choose to be in fear every time I go somewhere or even walk out of my front door?

I think I made this argument in some other topic already, but I am going to repeat it anyway, because I think it is a strong argument as to why homosexuality cannot be a choice.

If being gay or not would indeed be a choice, then it would be logical that everybody (gay, straight or bi) makes this choice at some point in their lives. This is because making such a decision (or any decision at all for that matter) would be done actively, i.e. it would require some amount of thought before deciding. Now, for me personally I have never had this moment where I considered: "guys or girls........which do I like better??? Difficult choice, but I'm going for guys."

Anyway, the fact that some people assume that gay people do make this choice immediately implies that they themselves at some point in their lives would have to have considered whether they would be continuing as gay or straight. Now I bet that these people never considered such a choice. Hence if they did not make a choice about their sexuallity, then why would gay people have made such a choice? The only choice somebody makes in this, is whether they accept themselves as who they are or not (which is a different choice than what I am alluding to above)

I don't know if this line of reasoning is clear enough, but for me it is logical. Feel free to comment on this, because I'd like to hear what other people think about this.
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 01:33:53 pm »
I understand comepletely, and it helps me know more and more I am definately for gay rights, but I never said it was a choice people made, and yes, one would have to be ignorant to assume it was a choice.
That's what she said.

Nancy Drew

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nancydrewmania
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 09:44:52 pm »
I voted no, I believe it is wrong and I don't support it. :)

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 12:58:43 pm »
Quote from: "Nancy Drew"
I voted no, I believe it is wrong and I don't support it. :)

what is wrong with it"?  :roll:

Nancy Drew

• View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nancydrewmania
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 07:01:54 pm »
When the world started Men weren't supposed to be with Men, and Women weren't supposed to be with Women. God didn't make it that way.

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 10:23:00 am »
God made them Gay.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 11:04:57 am »
i voted yes. and this is probably the funniest thing i've ever read:

12 Reasons Homosexuals Shouldn't Marry

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can`t legally get married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears` 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn`t changed at all; women are property, blacks can`t marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That`s why we have only one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That`s why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven`t adapted to things like cars or longer life spans.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

nat

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - nasty_candido@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/natalinha
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 01:02:01 pm »
i do

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 02:32:21 pm »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

:roll: word! that was pathetic!

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 02:37:29 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"

Anyone that thinks someone would choose to be gay in this world is ignorant.

I was looking at some videos at youtube.com and I saw a video where this guy running for president says that it is decision if you are gay or not,  WTF?   :evil:

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 03:45:48 am »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"

:roll: word! that was pathetic!

eek... you know it's meant to be sarcastic right? i mean, i'm pretty sure you know. but i realized maybe might think i seriously think gays shouldn't marry so i just want to make sure haha.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 09:05:03 am »
I do... for obvious reasons. haha

One thing that comes to mind right now, that somewhat irks me at the moment you could say, is the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy... Gay Americans fight wars to defend the democracy of their homeland, yet they are not allowed to reveal who they are as an individual. Seems a little hypocritical. Seems like the government made a law based on morals and personal beliefs, and that is just not okay.

C'est la vie

• MSN Messenger - scruff03@hotmail.co.uk
    • AOL Instant Messenger - windsurfer184905
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 02:54:49 pm »
I, personally, fully support gay rights. I don't think being gay is something that one can determine as being completely right or wrong. I think your sexually is something that is embedded in you, that you can't change, but I think people have problems grasping that concept.

Isn't it funny that gays get harder time from the general public and governments than bisexuals? And that irritates me to death.

Who cares? Who actually cares what sexually someone is? I mean, you're still the same person no matter who you fall in love with. It doesn't change the personality of the person or the way in which they should be treated in society. So, why the **** the discrimination? I know that a few religions, in some interpretations, 'forbid' it. And if someone wishes to still follow that religion they need to stick to it, but people should not make others out-casts, just because they don't believe what someone else believes...

Oh, sorry, I went on a bit of a rant then :/
-----------Signature under construction-----------

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2008, 06:12:53 pm »
Quote from: "Nancy Drew"
When the world started Men weren't supposed to be with Men, and Women weren't supposed to be with Women. God didn't make it that way.

according to that book the world is less than 10000 years old.