Poll

Do you support gay rights?

YES
43 (87.8%)
NO
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: December 19, 2007, 02:24:34 pm

Author Topic: I support Gay rights. Do you?  (Read 18297 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
I support Gay rights. Do you?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 01:33:30 pm »
Yeah, I wouldn't go out of my way, but I have nothing against it.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 04:45:02 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Quote from: "Nancy Drew"
When the world started Men weren't supposed to be with Men, and Women weren't supposed to be with Women. God didn't make it that way.

according to that book the world is less than 10000 years old.

It is, and science can prove that, if you want to know, I will tell you. But what I was going to say is...
Yes, God didn't make it that way, but he didn't mean for Adam and Eve to eat the only food he told them not to. So I think since it just went that way anyway, we should accept it, because clearly it is truly just natural, and it is completely ridiculous to shun anybody for being who they are.
That's what she said.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 06:50:12 pm »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"
i voted yes. and this is probably the funniest thing i've ever read:

12 Reasons Homosexuals Shouldn't Marry

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can`t legally get married because the world needs more children.

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears` 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn`t changed at all; women are property, blacks can`t marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That`s why we have only one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That`s why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven`t adapted to things like cars or longer life spans.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

Haha, that's great, the best part of it is that it really shows how ridiculous all the arguments against gay marriage are.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 09:50:25 pm »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"
Quote from: "Steveau"
Quote from: "Nancy Drew"
When the world started Men weren't supposed to be with Men, and Women weren't supposed to be with Women. God didn't make it that way.

according to that book the world is less than 10000 years old.

It is, and science can prove that, if you want to know, I will tell you. But what I was going to say is...
Yes, God didn't make it that way, but he didn't mean for Adam and Eve to eat the only food he told them not to. So I think since it just went that way anyway, we should accept it, because clearly it is truly just natural, and it is completely ridiculous to shun anybody for being who they are.

I'd really like to see your proof. Because I'm pretty sure you're wrong, no offense, I'm glad you're pro-gay. But come on.

Earth's Oldest Rock

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 07:29:33 pm »
I am completely okay with everyone else believing what they believe, but just for examination I will explain something extremely simple that's all for the earth being younger than it is believed to be. It is so simple it hurts. XD
I'm completely fine with no one changing their minds.

It is quite known among some scientists that seas  and oceans recieve more salts than they can get rid of. (They get rid of water by evaporation, which leaves salt behind, since it cannot evaporate)
The level of salt that is in the seas and oceans now, compared to just assuming that they started with no salt at all, shows that slowly it gained more and more salt, and if the world was millions and billions of years old, the seas and oceans would be very, very salty, but they are not.

If you want to know where I got that, it's from a science textbook called Exploring Creation with Physical Science by Dr. Jay L. Wile.

Once again I will say I am NOT making anyone believe anything that they already believe, and I am not saying they are wrong. I am just proving with I believe personally.
That's what she said.

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 10:18:46 pm »
Wow, I've never heard of the argument. Not that it changes my mind, but you know, something new to think about. It's always good to know what the opposition is thinking.

Today, I was watching ABC news and there were talking about how schools handle creationism vs evolution. They were trying to ban creationism in schools (which I am personally for). What were you guys taught?

Hold on, I feel this should be a new poll.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 09:08:19 am »
I could possibly have a few different arguments, and they would be unique like that one.
I would never expect it to change anyone's mind (especially not that fast), but religion is not anything of a lighthearted game, and I want to stand up for what I believe in, being God.
That's what she said.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 11:39:53 am »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"
I could possibly have a few different arguments, and they would be unique like that one.
I would never expect it to change anyone's mind (especially not that fast), but religion is not anything of a lighthearted game, and I want to stand up for what I believe in, being God.

yea you're not taking anything into account with that salt argument. What about rainwater that adds to the ocean? Or organisms that use the salt to survive?  Show me a link to a scientific article and maybe I will give you some credit.

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »
Many people have difficulty leaving/changing their religions/beliefs because they don't want to admit/find out/whatever you want to call it that their parents lied to them. They're very hesitant and defensive with their religions.

And there's no real evidence for God and religion other than "The Bible" or some other religious books, but either way they're both written by man. God is as real as Santa and the Easter* Bunny.

but whatever floats your boat.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2008, 01:44:11 am »
No.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

MyMelody

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2008, 10:51:49 am »
Of course I do.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008, 01:42:03 pm »
Quote from: "heyheyitsaiste"
Many people have difficulty leaving/changing their religions/beliefs because they don't want to admit/find out/whatever you want to call it that their parents lied to them. They're very hesitant and defensive with their religions.

And there's no real evidence for God and religion other than "The Bible" or some other religious books, but either way they're both written by man. God is as real as Santa and the Eastern Bunny.

but whatever floats your boat.

Umm... it's the easter bunny, and yes, Santa and the Easter Bunny do not exist, but God does, in my opinion, and if you don't want to believe that, I would be the most rude person in the world for MAKING you believe something you obviously don't. I am just throwing out some things that can be put into consideration, the same as all you evolutionists are. Being a creationist, yes I believe in God.
That's what she said.

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2008, 02:41:40 pm »
haaha woopsies, I meant Easter my baddddddddd.

i wasn't trying to be rude, thats why i put "whatever floats your boat" at the end.

thanks.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2008, 02:43:16 am »

i wasn't trying to be rude, thats why i put "whatever floats your boat" at the end.

thanks.

haha yea I noticed that and got a good laugh out of it

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2008, 10:11:54 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"

thanks.

haha yea I noticed that and got a good laugh out of it

Me too, haha. By the way, I wasn't calling you rude, sorry if it came out like that. I was saying /I/ WOULD be rude if I even thought I could make you believe in something you don't or don't want to. But I don't ever think I can change anyones mind.
That's what she said.