Poll

Which Democrat Candidate Will You Vote For?

Hillary Clinton
13 (41.9%)
John Edwards
1 (3.2%)
Barack Obama
15 (48.4%)
Dennis Kucinich
1 (3.2%)
Mike Gravel
1 (3.2%)
Bill Richardson
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: January 08, 2008, 08:31:21 pm

Author Topic: Democrat Voters  (Read 11458 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:31:21 pm »
Hillary Clinton all the way for me.

I'm really happy that she won New Hampshire tonight.

Don't really care for any of the Republicans, but feel free to start another thread for any one of them.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:16:07 pm »
...Where's Obama?

I like Clinton for the healthcare stuff, but I for some reason really like Obama. I need to focus in on why I like him before I vote for him. I'm reading his second book at the moment too, so that's interesting.

But anyway, I'm still thinking of voting republican for this election, even though I'm a dem. I'm from Illinois, and I'd be surprised if Obama didn't take it (never know though), but anyway I think it may be more important to vote for a good republican. In my opinion, Clinton and Obama are both good, but I'm worried which way the republican party will swing.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:37:53 pm »
I switched the names (Bill Richardson/Barack Obama) and I made a mistake, and overlooked that I put Richardson twice.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:30:27 am »
HILLARY!

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:27:54 pm »
well I am not of voting age. But if I were to be able to vote, I would vote for Hillary.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 01:46:48 pm »
stoppp stopp making me pick!

honestly I can't pick.

I like Hillary
I like Barack

that is all. lol

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 03:17:31 pm »
Quote from: "heyheyitsaiste"
stoppp stopp making me pick!

honestly I can't pick.

I like Hillary
I like Barack

that is all. lol

ditto haha. i was all set on voting for Hillary, but now i'm leaning towards Obama for some reason. i can't pick ahh crap. at least Californians still have a month or so to decide lol. i gotta do some more research.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 04:06:32 pm »
Obama for me all the way!!! ;D I actually brought my rents to a rally in my school (Concord high school in NH) and holy shiat, there were like tons of people in line but, i managed to sneak in with my rents and we heard him talk and we were just blown away. well... but he didn't win this one... there'll be others! :D

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 01:57:02 am »
Obama, but it's a little early to say for sure.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 05:33:26 pm »
Hillary because I think Obama is going into it with the naive premise that changes can be made easily

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 09:50:54 am »

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 06:28:25 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Hillary because I think Obama is going into it with the naive premise that changes can be made easily

It's a message, not a platform...I am pretty sure he doesn't think anything is going to be done easily.

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
Democrat Voters
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 06:44:08 pm »
Oh, such a topic.

I, personally, want a REAL liberal in office. Hence, if I were delusional, I would vote for Gravel. But he will not win either way.

The only possibility now is Hillz and Obama.

I will have to go with Clinton. My reasons are as follows:

1) Obama's health care plan is the same as Bush's. Hillary's is much more comprehensive, and provides health care for the entirety of our country.

2) Hillary talks about issues in her speeches. Obama talks about his mother, and how it was growing up. It's sad that everyone jumps on the Obama bandwagon when the only time he's ever said anything of substance is when prompted in the debates.

3) Hillary DOES have more experience. NOW. To pre-counter the "sittingbehindbillclintonisn'texperience" argument - either way, she's been a Senator for longer. And if I sat and watched someone work on Photoshop for eight years, I have a slight feeling that I would become proficient much faster than someone who has had no experience whatsoever.

4) Hillary is better with foreign relations. The large majority of world-leading countries have had females in high positions of power; Benazir Bhutto, Queen Elizabeth, the President of Ireland, the Prime Ministers of New Zealand, Finland, Mozambique - all are women. America, sadly, is one of the few remaining countries that is so sexist as to not have a woman in the utmost position of authority. We have already conquered racism, for the most part, yet sexism is still rampant. Let's work on that now.

As far as I am concerned, though, Gravel or Kucinich should have won. It's the media's fault that they had no representation. Whatever; it's too late now.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 08:36:27 pm »
Quote from: "Ryou-Neko"

1) Obama's health care plan is the same as Bush's. Hillary's is much more comprehensive, and provides health care for the entirety of our country.

Not so much.

2) Hillary talks about issues in her speeches. Obama talks about his mother, and how it was growing up. It's sad that everyone jumps on the Obama bandwagon when the only time he's ever said anything of substance is when prompted in the debates.

Actually, Hillary talks about her mom and how her mom was born before women were allowed to vote.  Speeches are meant to inspire.  He has added more about the issues after being criticized.

3) Hillary DOES have more experience. NOW. To pre-counter the "sittingbehindbillclintonisn'texperience" argument - either way, she's been a Senator for longer. And if I sat and watched someone work on Photoshop for eight years, I have a slight feeling that I would become proficient much faster than someone who has had no experience whatsoever.

This is Hillary's third campaign for herself.  Barack has more legislative experience, including being a state senator.  It's not like he doesn't have any experience at all, so the photoshop comment makes no sense for the argument at hand.

4) ...We have already conquered racism, for the most part, yet sexism is still rampant.

You're joking, right?

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 09:09:43 pm »
I'm not of voting age, but if i could i would vote for Hillary Clinton.