Author Topic: Vanessa Kiwibox Interview  (Read 17198 times)

charmedguy18

Vanessa Kiwibox Interview
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 05:18:45 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Her response in regards to Irv was interesting, in the past her eyes would always light up and she'd gush over the connection she made with him, etc. And this time we get, "Irv... um... hrm... he's... yeaaahhh... um, erm, he's great. Yeah. *Forced smile*" There's a lot to read in between the lines with this interview, especially when she distanced herself from the Murder Inc. name by referring to it as an "imprint of Universal", which is true, but her choice of words was odd.

And wtf at her appearance, I don't care if you're doing an interview for a middle school news program run by 12 year olds, PUT A FUCKING COMB THROUGH YOUR HAIR BEFORE YOU GO ON CAMERA.

I feel pretty bad for the interviewer, granted she sucked - but Vanessa wasn't helping to make the circumstances any less awkward, Vanessa can be a bitch from time to time but goddamn. lol Someone took their carnation instant bitch that morning.

I did notice how she said "Yeh... he's cool" while referring to Irv, which is a big change from the used-to-be norm... I wonder what happened.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 05:31:10 pm »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
Her response in regards to Irv was interesting, in the past her eyes would always light up and she'd gush over the connection she made with him, etc. And this time we get, "Irv... um... hrm... he's... yeaaahhh... um, erm, he's great. Yeah. *Forced smile*" There's a lot to read in between the lines with this interview, especially when she distanced herself from the Murder Inc. name by referring to it as an "imprint of Universal", which is true, but her choice of words was odd.

And wtf at her appearance, I don't care if you're doing an interview for a middle school news program run by 12 year olds, PUT A FUCKING COMB THROUGH YOUR HAIR BEFORE YOU GO ON CAMERA.

I feel pretty bad for the interviewer, granted she sucked - but Vanessa wasn't helping to make the circumstances any less awkward, Vanessa can be a bitch from time to time but goddamn. lol Someone took their carnation instant bitch that morning.

I did notice how she said "Yeh... he's cool" while referring to Irv, which is a big change from the used-to-be norm... I wonder what happened.

Well, I'm not surprised. With the Hands On Me video we got a low budget video (albiet with great editing), that focused on Vanessa squirming in a bed with shots of her crotch and being undressed. Granted this approach may have been the brain child of Marc and Vanessa, but it was an obvious attempt to draw attention through sex appeal, which is something we haven't seen from her before.

And after Vanessa put herself in that position, which I'm sure involved Irv's input, what has the result been? It hasn't paid off, because the Inc. isn't putting any muscle behind her. At this point I highly doubt we'll see a third single, I mean, there was a disconcerting tone with Vanessa about even TOURING in the summer, there was a hint of uncertainty and frustration that was really obvious when she discussed it. If we may not even get a tour, what's going to make us think anything else is going to be done with this record? H&T hasn't sold well enough to garner further promotion efforts (Even though ironically there hasn't been much in terms of promotion to begin with).

This is Harmonium all over again. And it's obvious Vanessa's attention has been focused not on her music but on other things as of late since she's mentioning other art projects and fucking stationary. And I wonder whyyy, it's because the Inc's dropped the ball.

But the Inc's in a tight situation, Irv's comeback hasn't gone as smoothly as people there would've liked I'm sure, and as a result of that Vanessa's been lost among the tides of the label's struggle. Heh. Ultimately I think Vanessa made a poor decision in getting involved with a struggling label that has other priorities besides her. And it doesn't help that she's signed on to a HIP-HOP label who's marketing team has no idea how to market Vanessa since they're accustomed to marketing rap and r&b artists, these people know the ropes and are extremely familiar with one specific genre and scene, and Vanessa doesn't fit into that. I mean, these people got her a major spread on GIANT magazine, which is cool and all, but that magazine caters towards a more urban market. What about SPIN, or Rolling Stone, you know, marketing her towards a demographic that's more apt to pick up on her music. No, we get GIANT fucking magazine.

Anyways, sorry for all the edits, but I kept thinking of things to say after I edited my post each time, lol.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 05:48:16 pm »

Well, I'm not surprised. With the Hands On Me video we got a low budget video (albiet with great editing), that focused on Vanessa squirming in a bed with shots of her crotch and being undressed. Granted this approach may have been the brain child of Marc and Vanessa, but it was an obvious attempt to draw attention through sex appeal, which is something we haven't seen from her before.

And after Vanessa put herself in that position, which I'm sure involved Irv's input, what has the result been? It hasn't paid off, because the Inc. isn't putting any muscle behind her. At this point I highly doubt we'll see a third single, I mean, there was a disconcerting tone with Vanessa about even TOURING in the summer, there was a hint of uncertainty and frustration that was really obvious when she discussed it. If we may not even get a tour, what's going to make us think anything else is going to be done with this record? H&T hasn't sold well enough to garner further promotion efforts (Even though ironically there hasn't been much in terms of promotion to begin with).

This is Harmonium all over again. And it's obvious Vanessa's attention has been focused not on her music but on other things as of late since she's mentioning other art projects and fucking stationary. And I wonder whyyy, it's because the Inc's dropped the ball.

But the Inc's in a tight situation, Irv's comeback hasn't gone as smoothly as people there would've liked I'm sure, and as a result of that Vanessa's been lost among the tides of the label's struggle. Heh. Ultimately I think Vanessa made a poor decision in getting involved with a struggling label that has other priorities besides her.

Absolutely, you can tell she's beggining to be  almost forced to steer off from H and T and into (for lack of better term) plan B which seems to be designing.  And that's not to say she's given up on her album because I don't think she has, I think she is just realizing this isn't the support or promotion she expected when she signed with The INC. Let's be honest has ANYONE here in the states even seen HOM on the major music television channels, I don't think so. I get the feeling she is exploring her options beyond Irv Gotti. And if she is trying to break away how will she "severe ties" with this man whom she has raved about for the past year.  Sad we can't seem to find people in this industry who really support and appreciate her music the way we do.
ENS

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 05:57:43 pm »
Well, I genuinely think Irv loves Vanessa's music and supports her, but I'm sure their business relationship has invoked a lot of strain since things haven't gone so well. There's always a struggle between being a music lover and being business savvy when you're involved in the music industry. In the end, money talks.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 08:27:05 am »

YEAH I AGREE!
i didnt even listen to the interview yet...im waiting for it to load fully...but just the look on her face...
im really upset....she shuld get herself together....  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 09:10:39 am »
OMG!!!!
I am actually in tears now!  :oops:  :cry:  :oops:

I ant believe her!

Okay, I maybe making a big deal out of it...
but OMG! her facial expressions were like....idk...its like shes lost....

and y did she have her hand on hear head the whole time??
just the way she was sitting was kinda rude....
and her tone of voice....
idk.......

im kinda upset now....hopefully she was just being "different' and now actually high....
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 12:10:39 pm »
I think she was just having an off day. It's not like she acts like that in every interview.

But yeah...her behaviour was a little disappointing.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 12:34:25 pm »

But the Inc's in a tight situation, Irv's comeback hasn't gone as smoothly as people there would've liked I'm sure, and as a result of that Vanessa's been lost among the tides of the label's struggle. Heh. Ultimately I think Vanessa made a poor decision in getting involved with a struggling label that has other priorities besides her. And it doesn't help that she's signed on to a HIP-HOP label who's marketing team has no idea how to market Vanessa since they're accustomed to marketing rap and r&b artists, these people know the ropes and are extremely familiar with one specific genre and scene, and Vanessa doesn't fit into that. I mean, these people got her a major spread on GIANT magazine, which is cool and all, but that magazine caters towards a more urban market. What about SPIN, or Rolling Stone, you know, marketing her towards a demographic that's more apt to pick up on her music. No, we get GIANT fucking magazine.

Anyways, sorry for all the edits, but I kept thinking of things to say after I edited my post each time, lol.

This is a question im not attacking you but are you implying that Irv is trying to get Vanessa to kind of sell out with the sex appeal thing? Also H&T is kind of a flop agreed (becuase it didnt get the promotion)?

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 01:23:40 pm »
well if the person was implying it, so what? its not like thats fact, just a theory.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2008, 02:47:16 pm »
She was funny and cool. She didn't bite the girls head off.
I don't get the big deal. She has been way more bitchy like that before.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 02:57:49 pm »
Quote from: "_all_is_well_"

This is a question im not attacking you but are you implying that Irv is trying to get Vanessa to kind of sell out with the sex appeal thing? Also H&T is kind of a flop agreed (becuase it didnt get the promotion)?

Why does using sex appeal constitute as selling out. Sex is used to sell everything, even the fucking shampoo you put in your hair. Suggesting that Irv had a hand in using a different marketing approach is different from saying he forced Vanessa to "sell out". :/ If I had meant to say he forced her into a position that consituted as "selling out", I would've said so.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 02:59:46 pm »

Why does using sex appeal constitute as selling out. Sex is used to sell everything, even the fucking shampoo you put in your hair. Suggesting that Irv had a hand in using a different marketing approach is different from saying he forced Vanessa to "sell out". :/

As i said im not attaking you so calm down i just didnt know what you were implying.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 03:01:33 pm »

Why does using sex appeal constitute as selling out. Sex is used to sell everything, even the fucking shampoo you put in your hair. Suggesting that Irv had a hand in using a different marketing approach is different from saying he forced Vanessa to "sell out". :/

As i said im not attaking you so calm down i just didnt know what you were implying.

lol I'm calm. I'm not swearing at you, I just have a habit of swearing to emphasize my point. I'm trashy like that.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 03:06:31 pm »

lol I'm calm. I'm not swearing at you, I just have a habit of swearing to emphasize my point. I'm trashy like that.

Oh ok!

Nanc77

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lopez1377
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lopez1377
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 08:25:05 pm »
I'm so sick of seeing Vanessa's stand offish attitude with the press (pr: promotional interviews etc.) that is necessary in order to promote the album, her music and most importantly to sell herself as an artist. Part of being a musician is playing the media game. Vanessa really has got to get over herself in this sense.
"omg! someone ate my entire pie!"