Author Topic: Miley Cyrus  (Read 19366 times)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Miley Cyrus
« on: May 01, 2008, 10:52:05 pm »
This is the Miley Cyrus thread on NESSAholics.  So, if you feel the need, you can discuss her here. :D

In the news, her name officially became Miley today.  Cool.  8)
Dustin

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Re: Miley Cyrus
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:45:53 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
In the news, her name officially became Miley today.  Cool.  8)

Miley has been all over the news 'down under' this last week, but its been
more to do with fall-out from that Vanity Fair pic and content on myspace!

Let hope she can leave it to her music to do the talking and make carefull
decisions about her "image management" so she maintains her popularity
without having to dabble in material destined for media slanging matches.

Peace

Aaron

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:33:51 am »
I read that mothers are fuming over that picture, they say it's setting a bad example. But 5-10 year olds don't read Vanity Fair. They would never have seen that shot had it been left alone. But because of the parental uproar publishers and critics took over and now the little kids could very well see it. I mean parents are the ones who control what images their kids see.
ENS

shinesobright07

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 03:05:06 pm »
I think it will be a little difficult for her to break away from her Hannah Montana image.. you know.. little 5 to 10 year olds idoling her. I think this was a step in that direction. She wants to become a serious song artist. Although.. even if it was supposed to be artistic, I think this was a little overboard.. I don't know. What do you think?

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 05:02:30 pm »
totally think it will be very hard to break away from that image! But I don't really see anything wrong with the picture. I don't see anything sluty about it at all, there has been worse. But thats just me.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 06:06:14 pm »
um yeah, more pictures of her leaked from her myspace where she looks kind of slutty (sorry i dunno how else to word it) so i'm not surprised she would do something like that. & i think those pics on top of this & the fact that  her young fans HAVE probably seen them (it's not hard, kids are smarter than we think) is why parents & the media are so up in arms about it imo.

also, did you guys see the video of her & her dad from the Vanity Fair shoot? it creeped me the hell out, they were posing like a couple.

i can't post it now but i'll try to find it later if you guys want.

i personally have lost any respect for her i ever had & i used to watch Hannah Montana so i did have some lol.

lauraanne

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 06:22:43 pm »
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
I read that mothers are fuming over that picture, they say it's setting a bad example. But 5-10 year olds don't read Vanity Fair. They would never have seen that shot had it been left alone. But because of the parental uproar publishers and critics took over and now the little kids could very well see it. I mean parents are the ones who control what images their kids see.

i totally agree. not only do they not read vanity fair, but they shouldnt have myspace's either. and if they do, its the parents fault for not blocking those kind of sites or watching their kids more carefully. i also heard from one of my friends she got disqualified from the disney channel games.

"oh you're so obident, can i tell you ot do other things? just kidding, there are children here!"

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 11:48:01 pm »
Well, now, be careful what you say.  Those really slutty pictures going around on the Internet turned out to be a look-alike, not Miley herself.  I knew something was wrong with those as soon as I got a good look at her nose.

But as for the Vanity Fair pictures, yeah, a few of them are kinda weird.  But I don't think it's going to be as big a deal in the long run as some people would probably like it to be.

And as far as breaking away from Hannah Montana, I don't think she'll have nearly as big a problem as some of you seem to think.  She's already begun to do a great job separating herself from it, and though she'll probably always be remembered for it, I think people are going to notice the difference.  Her first album as Miley Cyrus, for example, has a decidedly different personality to it from that of the two Hannah Montana albums.  Hannah Montana's music to me just sounds too patently Disney Channel, while Meet Miley Cyrus leans more towards mainstream pop.

And now for a couple statements of pure opinion, with little or no fact provided to back them up:  Miley Cyrus gets my vote for most beautiful smile, ever.  She also has one of the most pleasant voices, both speaking and singing, I have ever heard (except for the other night on the CMT Music Awards, where I hope it was from being either sick, overexerted, or inappropriately medicated [and I really hope it's not the last one]).
Dustin

Laura

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 07:08:50 pm »
a look alike? lmao no way the girl in those pics was a look alike. where did you hear that?

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 12:52:37 am »
I read it on the Internet, and plus just look at her nose!  That's not Miley!
Dustin

feishien

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 02:44:38 am »
Pretty sure those photos weren't a look-a-like (at least not the ones I've seen)

But I don't think her personal photos should be compared to the ones done for Vanity Fair. The photoshoot was supposed to be artsy, and was done with a photographer known for being controversial...

I honestly think the whole thing's been blown out of proportion; I mean, as if anyone from her viewer's demographics is going to see those pics and...meh, it's not that big of a deal.

Although those pics with her dad...bit creepy, I think. lol.

Laura

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 02:33:48 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
I read it on the Internet, and plus just look at her nose!  That's not Miley!

um you should know not to always believe what you read on the internet lol. & you shouldn't always believe what you see either, but i still say she looks EXACTLY like Miley. what source did you read it on? i'm all for giving celebs the benefit of the doubt because i know how it feels to have people criticizing someone you really like ALL the time..but i highly doubt that's a look alike.

Quote from: "feishien"
I mean, as if anyone from her viewer's demographics is going to see those pics and...meh, it's not that big of a deal.

Although those pics with her dad...bit creepy, I think. lol.

like i said, kids are smarter than we think. they most likely have seen them when their parents weren't around like at school on a cell phone or something. there are ways.

at least you agree with me on the pics of her & her dad tho lol.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 03:16:01 pm »
AOL said in an article today that the slutty pictures were of her. i don't think the vanity fair backless photo is bad, i think it's tasteful and it's annie leibowitz for God's sake. the ones of her and her dad are just plain creepy.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 04:00:27 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
like i said, kids are smarter than we think. they most likely have seen them when their parents weren't around like at school on a cell phone or something. there are ways.

Children are awesome and I do think they understand more concepts than most like to believe but if that's the case, then I fault the parents because a six year old has no need for a cell phone OR unsupervised access to the internet. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it does, but maybe if the parents don't want their kids to see "adult content" material then they shouldnt leave their kids free to roam to the cyberspace world. Seriously if a litlle kid is seeing pictures on myspace then Miley Cyrus should the LEAST of thier worries.
ENS

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 12:30:18 am »
Her situation reminds me a bit of Britney Spears, back in the day.

Really like her "See You Again"