Author Topic: Miley Cyrus  (Read 19360 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 06:51:23 pm »
she's at her highest point right now, shes gonna fade, fast and soon. can't wait.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2008, 09:11:26 pm »
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
You're right. It's disgusting how in touch these girls are with thier sexuality. I mean theses are 12 and 13 year olds who see no problem with posting pictures of themselves wear bathing suits that make underwear look modest. I used to defend Miley about all this but its out of hand now. Between her risque photos and this whole youtube mockery of Selena Gomez she's built herself quite the rep. Still I see her face all over Target and Wal Mart and feel bad that she's who preteen girls get to look up to.

i'm glad someone agrees with me. yeah everytime i see her stuff at stores like those i just cringe.

Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
she's at her highest point right now, shes gonna fade, fast and soon. can't wait.

Amen lol.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 09:12:14 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
You're right. It's disgusting how in touch these girls are with thier sexuality. I mean theses are 12 and 13 year olds who see no problem with posting pictures of themselves wear bathing suits that make underwear look modest. I used to defend Miley about all this but its out of hand now. Between her risque photos and this whole youtube mockery of Selena Gomez she's built herself quite the rep. Still I see her face all over Target and Wal Mart and feel bad that she's who preteen girls get to look up to.

i'm glad someone agrees with me. yeah everytime i see her stuff at stores like those i just cringe.

Amen lol.

Well if she does give up Hannah Montana her career will die without her Disney endoursments. YAY!

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2008, 07:37:22 pm »
If Disney drops her then I can see her doing the same as Lindsay or Hilary. Making some movies doing well for a while. But  then coming to a downfall. Lindsay has had her obvious issues.  She'll burn out.
ENS

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2008, 07:42:46 pm »
honestly disney would be extremely stupid to drop her, shes cranking millions if not billions. wait till she falls down then drop her.

SadAsBlue

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 07:53:38 pm »
I've been hearing that Hannah Montanna views are dropping and whatnot. Reguardng that I'm not sure whats true. If she's still banking that big then yeah they're business smart to keep her. But in my opinion her still having a job there shows how much more important money is to corporate Disney than the innocent entertainment of kids. Is that not the purpose of a kids network? Miley should understand this. If she wants to pursue a more "artistic" career then I think SHE would benefit to leave Disney. As much as I oppose, it IS her American right to be whomever she chooses. It just bothers me how money over rules these things. It's so disappointing, unsurprising, but none the less a disappointment.
ENS

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2008, 08:18:29 am »
I just so happen to believe (not think, but believe) she has a beautiful voice. :x
Dustin

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 12:30:33 pm »
honestly disney would be extremely stupid to drop her, shes cranking millions if not billions. wait till she falls down then drop her.
Its not Disney thats droping her its her thats thinking about droping Disney. I didnt believe it but I looked it up and Disney responded with "When the third season (this seasons) contract is up theres an otion for a fourth season" OPTION.

Quote from: "zurielshimon"
I just so happen to believe (not think, but believe) she has a beautiful voice. :x

I think her voice is unique the reason she not my favorite is her stupid songs and popstar look when shed be better off country (thats my opinion dont get mad) it wouldnt have to  be horrible country that none of her fans would like but more like Taylor Swift who is played on serius hits and the country station. (Taylor Swift I used to hate but shes growing on me I like "Picture To Burn")

SadAsBlue

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 03:03:38 pm »

I have no problem with her music. She's is not a bad singer at all. I would never critique that because my singing has the power to deafen unfortunate by standards lol  :D  Like I said the singing is not bad. The songs aren't my thing but that's my personal preference. I just think she could be a better role model.
ENS

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2008, 07:31:27 am »
Quote from: "_all_is_well_"
Its not Disney thats droping her its her thats thinking about droping Disney. I didnt believe it but I looked it up and Disney responded with "When the third season (this seasons) contract is up theres an otion for a fourth season" OPTION.

I can understand her wanting to get past Hannah Montana and on to bigger and better things.  But at the same time I can understand someone wondering if there are bigger and better things in store.  It's not that I have any doubt of Miley's talents, but rather of what people will pitch to her after this.

Quote from: "_all_is_well_"

I think her voice is unique the reason she not my favorite is her stupid songs and popstar look when shed be better off country (thats my opinion dont get mad) it wouldnt have to  be horrible country that none of her fans would like but more like Taylor Swift who is played on serius hits and the country station. (Taylor Swift I used to hate but shes growing on me I like "Picture To Burn")

I can understand completely.  She does have a very country-suitable voice, and it really comes out in a few of her songs.  There are a few, especially on her new album, that could possibly do well as a country song with little more than an instrumentation re-work, which is so commonly done nowadays on a country track that makes it big as a crossover.
Dustin

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2008, 06:02:42 am »
Not to mention, she makes cardboard look cute!
Dustin

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2008, 03:00:25 pm »
Just because she can carry a tune and the tone of her voice isn't extremely grating to the ear doesn't make her a good singer. She has no finesse when singing at all. Vanessa isn't one to really hold out notes or use much vibrato either but with Miley she is so staccato it almost sounds more like talking than singing. It was the same with Hilary Duff, that is why I dislike them both. It sounds like they went into a studio and basically just talked the whole time and the techies used filters and pitch benders to actually make it come off as "singing".

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2008, 07:23:13 pm »
I think several of her album tracks would pass more as songs than some of her singles, perhaps.  Two of my favorites right now are "Full Circle" and "These Four Walls".
Dustin

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Miley Cyrus
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »
I love what the "disaster Movie" did to her...it was funny too.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Re: Miley Cyrus
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2009, 11:14:30 pm »
Miley just won a Nickelodeon KCA for favorite female singer last night. Dwayne Johnson just sprung the announcement on her while they were on stage together, and she came apart! She started crying because she was so sure she'd lost, and I got a tear in my eye. I love her so much!
Dustin