Author Topic: H&T a flop?  (Read 19349 times)

Cyril

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2008, 04:37:00 am »
I remember Vanessa had a two year promoting deal for "Heroes & Thieves". I just don't see what they are doing for her... At least they could release "Spring Street" as a third radio-only single.

Cyril

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2008, 04:37:34 am »
I remember Vanessa had a two year promoting deal for "Heroes & Thieves". I just don't see what they are doing for her... At least they could release "Spring Street" as a third radio-only single.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2008, 12:57:07 pm »
mmhmm now that I think of it they {Irv} did say in an interview that he
planned on working with the album for 2 years. wonder what happend

there

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2008, 07:49:51 am »
Reality struck.

I have the feeling as soon as Irv realized H&T wasn't doing as well as he expected, The Inc. jumped ship and left Nessa to herself.

I'm not placing the blame solely on The Inc., but we all know they have more than a little say as far as promotion is concerned.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2008, 10:42:05 am »
You can't market something when clearly your aiming for the wrong demographic..the only smart thing left to do is go indie.  But it's gonna take more work on Vanessas part...like I said before.

The record was promoted enough, the music isn't what people 'want' today...people don't appreciate real music anymore....The record industry has changed so much since 2002.  Yes, BNN had great promotion but it also contained three timeless ego-less songs that caught on.  You can't recreate that...you just have to grow and move on....and Vanessa did just that.  She had a decent debut for how much her name was being thrown out there in October 07'......I don't get what everyone here was expecting?  I know we all love and want more music...but if she really loves what she does success and income aside..the music will keep coming.  It would have been soooooo worse off if they would have put hundreds of thousands of dollars into H&T(they put tons for the CW ads for Gossip Girl and Kohls)...that expences would have overweighed profit and then everyone would be screwed.

I don't think Vanessa will release her next album with The Inc, but I think they did just about enough.....you can't force the music down peoples throats.....if they don't bite, they don't bite.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
H&T a flop?
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2008, 05:17:03 pm »
I agree you cant creat a hit. Once in awhile in class you here Da da dada (to the "A Thousand Miles" tune. And people will sing it happened today but nobody knows who it was that wrote the song. I think that Vanessa will do whats best for her shes done so, so far.