Author Topic: protect marriage?  (Read 27194 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2008, 03:01:40 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
Good for you Manda. I am too. There are so many arguments pro and against but it's such discrimination, I can't even believe it. The main thing I am hearing from people on the news is that they aren't against gay people they just don't want their kids to be taught about it in school. I don't recall being taught about marriage anywhere but at CCD.

On my way home I saw people for both sides at the intersection. It's cold, wet and 10:30 at night.

Thanks Let. I voted...No, on Prop 8. I think we need to be more open these days and love is love. I believe love is not just man + woman, it can be found in any sex. Its about personality, friendship, the whole package a person has to offer another. Heterosexuals take marriage for granted, and most homosexual couples have stayed strong and are so deeply in love. Some are even part of churches (my Catholic cousin who claims he was born gay, I believe him), let him marry in the church he grew up in. It isn't hurting anyone, and people need to be more open. Some are born gay/lesbian/transgender-whatever, and some people know they aren't. Who cares? Marriage is a union with two people who LOVE one another. Get over it, I'm over it. I'm glad the gays in my life have slapped some sense into me. No on Prop 8!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2008, 11:46:28 am »
I cannot believe we have a black President but G/L's can't get married.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
protect marriage?
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2008, 09:41:01 pm »
MSNBC Keith Olbermann comments on Prop 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVUecPhQPqY

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
protect marriage?
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2008, 06:57:40 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
MSNBC Keith Olbermann comments on Prop 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVUecPhQPqY

thanks, let. loved it, eloquent and emotional defense.
formerly fish_for__stars.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2008, 11:52:56 am »
I told you it wasn't going to count.  It doesn't matter if 90% of the people voted yes on prop. 8.  Your vote doesn't count because special interest groups run our government and judges manipulate and make the law.

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
protect marriage?
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2008, 02:57:18 pm »
I can see both sides of the Gay Marrige issue. In my opinion there is no absolute justified answer. People will throw a fit either way.
ENS

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
protect marriage?
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2009, 04:49:25 am »
The United States needs to be a bit more egalitarian. We're so behind.

Honestly, though, I could care less whether the right of homosexual marriage is granted; it's more important to get the rights rather than the title, but most people don't seem to understand that.

That, and I have very cynical views about <i>all</i> state-sanctioned marriage.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.