Author Topic: What books did V mention before Performing Fair-Weather-Friends????  (Read 8004 times)

tofertoast

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lorddarth3
    • View Profile
During V's san fran performance thankfully captured by someone and on you tube to listen she mentions two books. One on Neuroscience which i am EXTREMLEY interested in!! and the other one year of magical thinking I know and love and have...sooo the OTHEr one.. I want to knoe and find out!!
It sounds like she is saying conoclasm... or common ____ I just can't be sure... if anyone can help id love you! :)
-tofer-toast-

"Never thought it'd feel so right
Bringing you to your knees"

Cyril

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: What books did V mention before Performing Fair-Weather-Friends????
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:33:29 am »
I think it's "The Year Of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion. I'm also very interested in reading this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Year-Magical-Thinking-Joan-Didion/dp/1400078431/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238056344&sr=1-2

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 03:51:48 am »
It is a really good book. If you have B&N rewards it is like $6 new after a coupon...

the other one i just picked up is the Iconoclasts: A neuroscientists revolution by Gregory Berns
Peace
-S

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 05:46:30 pm »
I absolutely adore Joan Didion. I have We Tell Ourselves Stories in Order to Live which is a compilation of her fiction works. And Play it As It Lays is a brilliant novel. Just saying.
Joe

tofertoast

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lorddarth3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:34:59 am »
Thank you all for your help! I will be picking up some Didion books and Iconoclasts! MUCH appreciated!! I love this forum!  :)
-tofer-toast-

"Never thought it'd feel so right
Bringing you to your knees"

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 05:29:01 pm »
Link to song?????

charmedguy18

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:37:48 pm »
I still think "London" was more inspired by The Year Of Magical Thinking. I know they both are, at the very least. Haha.

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 04:10:23 am »
I still think "London" was more inspired by The Year Of Magical Thinking. I know they both are, at the very least. Haha.

really? How so...have you read the book?
Peace
-S

charmedguy18

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 06:28:04 pm »

I haven't. My mother has. And I've talked to my therapist about what Magical Thinking is. So, please, before you start with me. Try reading the thread I posted a few days ago. Thanks.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 05:59:54 pm »
I WANT TO HEAR THIS SONG PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 06:12:24 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQJRLXGjfQ

download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LPB21PB8

per Let and Kulp in the Live Shows section.

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 10:51:14 pm »

I haven't. My mother has. And I've talked to my therapist about what Magical Thinking is. So, please, before you start with me. Try reading the thread I posted a few days ago. Thanks.

... I am not trying to start with you, I was just simply asking how you felt it was more like London. i did not see it that way, and I still cannot... to each his/her own -- The book is a really easy read and takes a few hours to read I REALLY suggest it... and i did not read it because I am not on here much, and its really long so I have not been able to sit down and actually read it; sorry.
Peace
-S

charmedguy18

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 07:13:08 am »

... I am not trying to start with you, I was just simply asking how you felt it was more like London. i did not see it that way, and I still cannot... to each his/her own -- The book is a really easy read and takes a few hours to read I REALLY suggest it... and i did not read it because I am not on here much, and its really long so I have not been able to sit down and actually read it; sorry.

Oh. You're right. I am the one that should be sorry. I did a mental mistake that I learned about in therapy called "mind reading." I assumed you were being aggressive when I had no facts to back it up. My bad. I do that from time to time. =]

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 02:40:36 pm »

Oh. You're right. I am the one that should be sorry. I did a mental mistake that I learned about in therapy called "mind reading." I assumed you were being aggressive when I had no facts to back it up. My bad. I do that from time to time. =]

It is no problem; I plan to read your post later on if I ever finish homework. Have a good one!
Peace
-S

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 09:19:27 pm »
the book is also available at borders, i was very close to buying it, and i think i will...it was advertised in the front of the store as a best seller...
does anyone know the neuroscience book she mentioned?
i love science books and that kinda thing...more so if they are older, but updated stuff is always cool too.