Author Topic: New update! :D  (Read 10069 times)

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: New update! :D
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:58:50 am »
wait so she left The Inc.? This was cool. Definitely gives me hope for a new album!!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:38:04 am »
A NEW RELEASE BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That younds great.
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:42:38 am »
Thanks for the article!  Great little interview.  I really enjoyed reading that.

I didn't hear anything about her leaving the Inc., but I guess she has?  I'm happy and proud that she's getting to do what she finally wants, by her own terms.  Hopefully someone'll record the show on Saturday (maybe she'll be playing some more new songs?) for those who aren't in the area.  

And a new album before the end of the year!  OMG!!!!
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 11:56:00 am »
well it said she left universal not unless they meant A&M? I kinda read it quickly....

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

charmed23

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 12:15:12 pm »
I'm happy and proud that she's getting to do what she finally wants, by her own terms

Didn't every single person on this board celebrate that when she was signed to The Inc. with all the huge support from Ivri? Didn't she said that herself about doing whatever she wanted?

I'm just saying, because I think she has been stating "finally having freedom in recording" since Harmonium.

anyway, thanks for updating that.

LadyLavender

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:41 pm »
yay for a new alubm by the end of the year. i wonder if it's gonna be an independent release??

i'm pretty glad she left the inc. her being part of a hip-hop record company was strange to say the least.

charmedguy18

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 04:39:23 pm »
THANK GOD NO MORE THE INC.!!! YAY! =D

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 05:46:59 pm »
THANK GOD NO MORE THE INC.!!! YAY! =D

Totally agree with you Cavin!

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 06:45:14 pm »
so wait is she with a new record label or still with the inc?  I'm so lost

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:30:14 am »
wow...shes a jumper....she should have went indie with h&t in my opinion......hopefully she starts her own label and picks a good distributer and the rest is history...she can do it...it's just gonna take a little more hands on work....it would be pointless for her to sign to another 'major' and really show that she doesn't have faith in herself...mandy moore did it, the donnas did it, it's the smartest thing to do for musical artists with her level of popularity.

of course those artists aren't all over mtv and mainstream networks but there is still so many ways to get your music heard in this day and age.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:33:04 am by nutnlp »
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:37:36 am »
also glad she is talking about new music. :)
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:50:10 am »
wow...shes a jumper....she should have went indie with h&t in my opinion......hopefully she starts her own label and picks a good distributer and the rest is history...she can do it...it's just gonna take a little more hands on work....it would be pointless for her to sign to another 'major' and really show that she doesn't have faith in herself...mandy moore did it, the donnas did it, it's the smartest thing to do for musical artists with her level of popularity.

of course those artists aren't all over mtv and mainstream networks but there is still so many ways to get your music heard in this day and age.

I think she can do it too! I mean look at Nine Inch Nails! they picked an awesome distributor and have no record label and release music whenever they want! It would be soooo cool if Vanessa could do that! =]

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 02:28:43 am »
well, if she has left the inc it's the smartest business decision she's made since leaving A&M. both label's were useless. what pissed me off the most with the inc is that irv personally came on her forum and promised her fans (and V, no doubt) this huge heap of promotion & support and when it was eventually time to get their arses into gear with the record, they didn't.

so yeah, great move and i can't wait to hear new music!

Nessaholic4Ever

• MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 06:38:50 am »
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT article! So happy about the "carving out an alternative path" comment. In my eyes, she's always been an alternative kind of artist, and I'm glad that she's comfortable and happy about that role. Can't wait for the new album, it's going to be so amazing. And I agree with you guys about her doing what Mandy and NIN have done...that would be absolutely perfect for her and her music.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year