Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton booted from Disney Festival for Swearing  (Read 29405 times)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa Carlton booted from Disney Festival for Swearing
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 01:00:38 pm »
I just feel like if her cursing was just 'vanessa being nessa' her music would have some kind of profanity in it but it doesn't......I'm just sayin' you don't wanna piss off disney..this probably ruins chances of her scoring a possible film that has ANY association with Disney let alone just being on a soundtrack..they are VERY strict....but that aside..her cussing is totally embaressing for the fact that it comes off so forced like its written in the setlist somewhere.

You don't shit where you sleep.
Thats all I'm sayin'.

I doubt she was playing for FREE.  Then I'd be like, ok, fuck it.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2009, 06:24:12 am »
stupid thing to do.....she s lost it..

your.dying.wish

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »
She is whatever she wants to be. I am sure she made enough on her first album to allow her to make music on her own terms. I see her like an Aimee Mann. Putting out what she wants to and playing for the sake of playing. At the end of the day she only has to answer to herself.

If anyone sank her career it is her tard ex boyfriend. Seems quite clear that he used her to further his "producer" ambitions and she was wrapped around his finger. Good to see the latest 3EB disk is tanking. After all the guy was really nothing but a early 90's pop singer.

Let Vanessa do what she wants, and enjoy whatever she puts out. Who cares if she is not in the top 10, it is her life to live.

Vanessa doesn't really sell any records, she doesn't really go to any parties or events, and she doesn't really seem to care much. I doubt this will affect anything at all. If any of you are disappointed that she swore at this concert, you need to wake up. She swears all the time, as do tons of adults. She is her own person and doesn't appear to give much of a hoot what anyone thinks of her, even her fans. She doesn't go out of her way to make connections with anyone here; she graciously signs autographs after shows but really, she does her thing and will continue to do so even if the people here are overly critical of her. I appreciate her tendency to do her own thing; it makes her very real for me.

Agreeing with the above posts but thanks for that amber it has changed some of my view. Reaching out to the fans, calculated decision by a label to generate more money, or doing it simply for the love of it?

If it is not for the latter she should not be forced into it just to make us happy. I know I sink into my shells and do not really want to communicate with others at those times. That is what a shell is walling yourself off and who knows maybe this is her musical process and how she works.
I know it's hard to fit in
This puzzle called life
But if we stay along the edges
I think we'll be alright

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 12:10:13 pm »
The whole thing is ridiculous. unfortunately, no one knows Vanessa by name. If this was a miley or taylor swift, then yes it would be all over E and written about in all the tabloids.

but its NOT, its Vanessa Carlton, and no one but us and the people their even knew she was playing. so it wont destoy her repuatation.

& I agree it was unprofessional, but i think it was probably a mistake, simply out of habit. (becuase she really wants to get kicked out of disney on porpose and not get paid ::)) Maybe im wrong but its not that big of a deal...

Pyro

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2009, 01:13:07 am »
I haven't been following V much lately, so I decided to check her myspace to see what she was up to and her most recent post said she played at Disney. I was like, "Huh. That's weird."

Then I came here and saw "Vanessa Carlton booted from Disney Festival for Swearing" and I was like, "Of course, that is so Nessa."

On the one hand, it's kind of funny. On the other, it's sad that this is some of the only news about her right now.

Nessaholista

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2009, 07:21:36 am »
I made this picture:

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2009, 10:12:57 pm »
Ok... I think a couple of people on here (*cough* nessaRox *cough*) are getting a little too rude. I mean all she did was swear at a show. It was a mistake. There is no big deal to this unless you're ten and you need to wash your mouth everytime you do that. Unfortunately Disney is full of ten year olds and it probably (actually more like definitely) was a slip of tongue. I mean COME ON!!! We've all done it. We've gone about not minding our Ps and Qs around kids.

Mistakes happen.

An artist like Vanessa who isn't catering to the top 40 mainstream charts needs to know that fans like us have her back. Its her inspiration and I believe it reminds her to keep going. If we're gonna diss her for just this stupid miniscule (imo) incident, we could be forcing her into obscurity. She hasn't even tweeted since she's left London and i dunno if its this thread or whether she really has been busy. whichever, I hope that she understands that apart from those "affected" by this incident there is a whole lot of us who love her irrespectively and are still standing by her.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

HippieSongBird

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • I can't tell them apart anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2009, 11:50:35 am »
Ok... I think a couple of people on here (*cough* nessaRox *cough*) are getting a little too rude. I mean all she did was swear at a show. It was a mistake. There is no big deal to this unless you're ten and you need to wash your mouth everytime you do that. Unfortunately Disney is full of ten year olds and it probably (actually more like definitely) was a slip of tongue. I mean COME ON!!! We've all done it. We've gone about not minding our Ps and Qs around kids.

Mistakes happen.

An artist like Vanessa who isn't catering to the top 40 mainstream charts needs to know that fans like us have her back. Its her inspiration and I believe it reminds her to keep going. If we're gonna diss her for just this stupid miniscule (imo) incident, we could be forcing her into obscurity. She hasn't even tweeted since she's left London and i dunno if its this thread or whether she really has been busy. whichever, I hope that she understands that apart from those "affected" by this incident there is a whole lot of us who love her irrespectively and are still standing by her.
I agree entirely. As a rule I am not a fan of swearing, but Disney needs to chill!
And right now V needs all our support! She is in a very difficult situation, going indie, producing her own album. She needs to know WE stand behind her in every way. NO MATTER WHAT!
I was stained by a role in a day not my own,
cause I've seen Twilight.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2009, 12:59:04 pm »
I don't think any of her 'fans' were affected by it...it's just REALLY unprofessional when your playing a paying gig at DISNEYWORLD.  I think thats the ONLY point anyone was trying too make...I personally think its halarious and makes me like Vanessa a little bit more...the fact that she wouldn't take the 'shit' or 'fuck' outta her setlist(yes, its been on her setlist for alittle over 2 years now*yawn*)....Also, I think that photo is GREAT!  

Also, everyone as Disney needs to stop living in some fucking fairytale where people don't swear....
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Nessaholista

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2009, 02:07:22 pm »
....Also, I think that photo is GREAT!

Thanks!

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 04:48:10 pm »
My only problem is that she disregarded the first warning. That's basically it. Quite frankly, I still support her, or I wouldn't listen to her anymore... Or anxiously wait for another "tweak." I want to know what was so chockful.
=O
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2009, 12:05:57 am »
Yeah, she definitely needs to tweet more, give us a heads up.  It's not much to ask.

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2009, 12:35:28 pm »
LOL the photo is cool :D

Heh, yeah I guess she's just reeeally busy. I'm sure the new album will be worth the wait. On imdb.com there's a couple of links to a couple of her new songs.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 12:40:23 pm »
theve all been posted here...all the live videos from various shows from the last 8 months or so......hoping for a new album early 2010....for a while she was doing so good on twitter...haha

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 02:41:41 pm »
That picture is my new desktop.  I tiled it.