Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 341562 times)

sabasaba

Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2010, 10:01:06 am »
I could see "Bride" being a hit in another time.

I think, depending on its production & promotion, that the song could even make an appearance on the BB chart. It fits the typical pop structure and sounds like something radio would be interested in.

Not that any of that matters, I'm just saying it's one of those songs - only there's substance in this.

That's what I thought when I first heard it. I could really envision hearing it on the radio, as it does sound like something they might play. 'Fair-Weather Friends' is another good one, as is 'Carousel' - though I don't see 'Tall Tales for Spring' garnering as much positive feedback with the mainstream crowd.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2010, 10:45:17 am »
I would love to hear IDWTBAB on the radio. I think that with a decent promo and radio distribution it could easily become an adult contemporary or even hot100 hit; but Vanessa cares too little about promotion.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2010, 02:46:51 pm »
I could see "Bride" being a hit in another time.

I think, depending on its production & promotion, that the song could even make an appearance on the BB chart. It fits the typical pop structure and sounds like something radio would be interested in.

Not that any of that matters, I'm just saying it's one of those songs - only there's substance in this.

That's what I thought when I first heard it. I could really envision hearing it on the radio, as it does sound like something they might play. 'Fair-Weather Friends' is another good one, as is 'Carousel' - though I don't see 'Tall Tales for Spring' garnering as much positive feedback with the mainstream crowd.

I agree. TTFS is one of "Vanessa weird songs." I don't think it would make a huge impact to non-V listeners.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Sai

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 13, 2010, 03:16:19 am »
So I've decided after hearing the song "Carousel" that the album title "Rabbits on the Run" is simply perfect. Fantastic

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2010, 03:49:05 am »
I agree. And if "Carousel" define what ROTR is going to be, I'm pretty sure it going to be AWESOME!  ;D

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2010, 04:00:46 am »
I had this huge dream that "All Is Well" might finally get a spot on a record. After hearing all the new songs, I'd understand it if Vanessa didn't want to put it on "Rabbits" - it doesn't really fit in BUT if she does I'll be so glad. That song just has to be released.

The other thing that I wanted to say is that I think we might have the chance to FINALLY have "Best Behaviour" on a album. It would match perfectly to the batch of songs that we already know.Finger crossed.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: October 13, 2010, 04:01:58 am »
I agree. And if "Carousel" define what ROTR is going to be, I'm pretty sure it going to be AWESOME!  ;D

the phrase 'Rabbits on the run' pretty much defines the album as a whole pretty well.
as it's used in the song Carousel,
and in relation to all the other songs we've heard so far going to be put on the album,
it REALLY shows Vanessa's maturity.

it's like... her older songs were like anger.. and her newer ones are like acceptance.
(if you get what I'm trying to say)

she's grown up as a person, and it reflects well through her newer songs.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 13, 2010, 05:54:17 am »
I had this huge dream that "All Is Well" might finally get a spot on a record. After hearing all the new songs, I'd understand it if Vanessa didn't want to put it on "Rabbits" - it doesn't really fit in BUT if she does I'll be so glad. That song just has to be released.

Seriously!!! Record that damn song woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #263 on: October 13, 2010, 06:20:40 am »
^ "All Is Well" was recorded during the 'H&T' sessions already. Same with "Best Behavior".

If they haven't leaked by now, I doubt we'll get them ever. :( Unless she uses them on future albums ... but that depends on who has the rights to the songs.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2010, 06:58:38 am »
^ "All Is Well" was recorded during the 'H&T' sessions already. Same with "Best Behavior".

If they haven't leaked by now, I doubt we'll get them ever. :( Unless she uses them on future albums ... but that depends on who has the rights to the songs.

for the unreleased heroes & thieves era songs, bmi.com says
Universal is a publisher for All is Well
as well as Best Behavior (also co-wrote by stephan jenkins)
and Wave Goodbye (Linda perry co-wrote)

I would love for them to be released.. we'll just have to wait and see.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2010, 07:17:50 am »

I meant release not record, yeah : ) The writing in that song gets me every time.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2010, 07:42:18 am »

Yup. Just as I thought.

I mean, unless someone leaks them I can't see us ever getting them.

But that doesn't mean Vanessa can't play them at her shows (I'd love to hear "BB" again and "Wave Goodbye" (!!!)).

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2010, 02:52:24 am »

The other thing that I wanted to say is that I think we might have the chance to FINALLY have "Best Behaviour" on a album. It would match perfectly to the batch of songs that we already know.Finger crossed.

I agree. And if "Carousel" define what ROTR is going to be, I'm pretty sure it going to be AWESOME!  ;D

the phrase 'Rabbits on the run' pretty much defines the album as a whole pretty well.
and in relation to all the other songs we've heard so far going to be put on the album,

it's like... her older songs were like anger.. and her newer ones are like acceptance.

I don't think she'll include either of the song. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I think that ROTR has a much different theme than HAT, which is mainly about acceptance and letting go.  For me, HAT was just full of, IDK, grudge? But honestly, I'd like to hear recorded versions of those songs.

Maybe she could include them in a deluxe version?

Giuliana

• Make me high on lullabies
  • You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2010, 03:26:30 pm »

I absolutely get what you mean. I feel the exact same way.
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 20, 2010, 07:29:49 pm »

I've never quoted someone before, so I hope I did it right!
"Wave Goodbye"???!?!?!!?!?! I've never heard of that one before! Is it on YouTube? I would really love a studio version of Best Behavior too!

I don't know about you guys, but for me I like the live versions of "I Don't Wanna Be A Bride" "Carousel" "Tall Tales For Spring" "London" "Fair-Weather Friends" just the way they are. I kind of hope that she doesn't add a lot of drums or anything on the studio versions. I think that would kind of ruin them for me. That's what happened with "Heroes & Thieves" for me. There's an acoustic version out there on YouTube, and I really liked that version, and then when the album version came out, she added a lot of strings and drums, and, I don't know, but they just kind of took something away from the song, in my opinion. "Tall Tales For Spring" sounded great as "Waltz" with just the piano and violin too.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(