Author Topic: Finally another Vanessa update, She's printing the album to vinyl!!!  (Read 12134 times)

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: Finally another Vanessa update, She's printing the album to vinyl!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 06:26:05 pm »
This is so exciting! (:
Is vinyl more expensive?...lol. Stupid question sorry.
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 07:17:46 pm »
...I don't have a record player :/

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 09:05:02 pm »
If she's printing on vinyl, I know I'm not getting it.  The only record player accessible to me is my uncle's, and he's kept it somewhere - obviously, it's whereabouts are unknown.  /sigh Well, hopefully, she releases it on iTunes and the album art is released with it; if not, then I'll just have to hope that someone will upload the album art (please? lol). Alternatively, she can print ROTR on vinyl and on CD? Maybe I'm just being a little to wishful.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 01:53:05 am »
If she's printing on vinyl, I know I'm not getting it.  The only record player accessible to me is my uncle's, and he's kept it somewhere - obviously, it's whereabouts are unknown.  /sigh Well, hopefully, she releases it on iTunes and the album art is released with it; if not, then I'll just have to hope that someone will upload the album art (please? lol). Alternatively, she can print ROTR on vinyl and on CD? Maybe I'm just being a little to wishful.

That's what I am worrying about too. I'm not sure whether I would be able to get a copy of ROTR. Besides, I don't have any player.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 03:10:38 am »
My parents do have a record player but I wanna listen to the album in the car, on my ipod etc. So if the album is only released on vinyl (which will be surprisingly dumb) then I'll probably buy the vinyl just never listen to it and download high quality mp3 to burn a cd.

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 09:09:52 am »
If she prints on vinyl - worst comes to worst, I'll have to get it off of YouTube. :-X A vinyl copy would be useless for me.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa on Twitter?
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 04:08:21 pm »
I enjoy the vinyl sound so much better!! Doesn't lose quality.
Actually, it does. Vinyl by design has a more limited dynamic range than CD, and on top of that, it's a contact medium. The stylus touches the disc during playback and gradually wears it down. And on top of that, dust and hairs on the disc result in clicks and pops.

Yet all of that does have a certain charm to it.

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 05:10:20 pm »
When do you think we're going to get a lead-single?
I'm placing bets on Mid-November, any other predictions? : )

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 02:48:18 am »
I hope you're right, though I get the feeling of the single being released by the end of the year or early next year. Maybe it's just the pessimistic of me.

But anyway, we'll know it soon. She might update us again after she get back to England on Sept. 6.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:10:24 am by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 02:53:46 pm »
If she prints on vinyl - worst comes to worst, I'll have to get it off of YouTube. :-X A vinyl copy would be useless for me.

She's not gonna print exclusively on vinyl, that wouldn't make sense at all. A lot of artists and bands release their albums on CD, digital and vinyl formats; the vinyl is more like a collectible.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 03:35:25 pm »

She's not gonna print exclusively on vinyl, that wouldn't make sense at all. A lot of artists and bands release their albums on CD, digital and vinyl formats; the vinyl is more like a collectible.

I agree. I don't think V has gone too nonconformist to print ONLY on vinyl. Yet.  :P

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 11:57:41 am »
As much as I love hate to brag, I already have an autographed "black circle" from Vanessa Carlton. She was so thrilled to see that one actually existed! :)
Dustin

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 03:48:13 pm »
As much as I love hate to brag, I already have an autographed "black circle" from Vanessa Carlton. She was so thrilled to see that one actually existed! :)
I have one too :) but not signed. White Houses 12", yeh?

Sarah xx

Pan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 05:34:37 pm »
Holy cow... How did I miss that tweet? So this means it's recorded... Right? GOD I HOPE WE GET MORE TWEETS SOOOOON. Like tomorrow.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa on Twitter?
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 06:40:24 pm »
I enjoy the vinyl sound so much better!! Doesn't lose quality.
Actually, it does. Vinyl by design has a more limited dynamic range than CD, and on top of that, it's a contact medium. The stylus touches the disc during playback and gradually wears it down. And on top of that, dust and hairs on the disc result in clicks and pops.

Yet all of that does have a certain charm to it.

Maybe that was her plan all along. Honestly a lot of artists these days are doing all three printing to vinyl, cd, and mp3. I highly doubt there is any reason to worry. And places like Urban Outfitters sell said vinyls.
Peace
Adriann