Author Topic: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)  (Read 94634 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2011, 09:50:58 pm »
Does anyone feel she's kinda um... "owl"ing herself all over the place?

I am EXTREMELY curious now.

WHY IS THE OWL CASTING SPELLS THAT WE'RE UNDER??!??!?!?!?!

Love the video. Love the corda! The crescendo just explodes in your face with the visualization... the trampoline and the twirling.... sigh...

If I do not EVER get married, it's because I'm in LOVE with her.

YES.  I said this  :
Quote from: sarab on Today at 11:38:43 am
perching on the stumps, she like a bird, like an owl, her hands look like talons (beautiful, elegant talons) so she is the owl casting the spells.  I know I'm a bit weird.  just a thought.

My thoughts .. i have a whole thing on it a few page back, but to expand on this particular sentiment, I feel like she is the Priestess doing her ritual at night to the moon, to the earth.  Or, that she is a Woman, connecting to herself and to the world and she's powerful and "casting spells" (but not necessarily spells in the spell sense, more like...she's coming to realizations through these medatations and pondering she is doing about life and love and the result is that she knows that love will come back around again and all she has to do is listen and love everything around her and inside of her.  So she herself is the owl casting spells because she is meditating on all these concepts and coming to realizations... I'm not sure if I am able to express what I mean very well.  I have more thoughts about her being both owl and rabbit mostly because we are nature, nature is us and we are all one.  We tear ourselves down and we build ourselves up and they have to catch us before the can kill us, so keep running and searching and trying to find yourself!

I think that this makes sense.....

I mean, look at her dress on the last line, "White rabbits on the run."

It's as if she is a white rabbit and an owl at the same time......

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2011, 09:54:54 pm »

Love the video. Love the corda! The crescendo just explodes in your face with the visualization... the trampoline and the twirling.... sigh...

YES.  I said this  :
perching on the stumps, she like a bird, like an owl, her hands look like talons (beautiful, elegant talons) so she is the owl casting the spells.  I know I'm a bit weird.  just a thought.

My thoughts .. i have a whole thing on it a few page back, but to expand on this particular sentiment, I feel like she is the Priestess doing her ritual at night to the moon, to the earth.  Or, that she is a Woman, connecting to herself and to the world and she's powerful and "casting spells" (but not necessarily spells in the spell sense, more like...she's coming to realizations through these medatations and pondering she is doing about life and love and the result is that she knows that love will come back around again and all she has to do is listen and love everything around her and inside of her.  So she herself is the owl casting spells because she is meditating on all these concepts and coming to realizations... I'm not sure if I am able to express what I mean very well.  I have more thoughts about her being both owl and rabbit mostly because we are nature, nature is us and we are all one.  We tear ourselves down and we build ourselves up and they have to catch us before the can kill us, so keep running and searching and trying to find yourself!

YES! I haven't really expanded on this thought in my brain, but I do mention it in another post earlier today.  I kind of broke down the video into parts that I felt were significant and that is one of them.
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2011, 10:00:07 pm »

YES.  I said this  :

YES! I haven't really expanded on this thought in my brain, but I do mention it in another post earlier today.  I kind of broke down the video into parts that I felt were significant and that is one of them.

Then, there were feathers on her hat..... Owl.
Then her fur coat.... rabbit.

Then there was this dress which really reminded me of H&T... The one that came with boots and a hat.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2011, 10:02:38 pm »

YES.  I said this  :

wow, no, love posts like this  :), keep it coming, I'm loving your explanations of the song, seems pretty spot on  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2011, 10:09:22 pm »

This is the rabbit/owl dress I'm talking about in the previous post.

She looks like she's going to sleep, which led her to...

this gorgeous, dream-like scene. This is one of my favorites.

This one's after the bridge. This smile prepares us for another momentum...

Looks like the owl is ready to fly.... Then....

Isn't this one beautiful?

And love comes back...

...around again.

Seriously, I'm going to post here every Carousel .gif I'd see. Everything is just beautiful.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:12:43 pm by [sobriquet] »

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2011, 10:12:57 pm »
I'm just loving that dream like scene one  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:23 pm »
Me too. It's soo..... dreamy.

And another point: does anyone notice that this is the video wherein V just moved/danced gracefully all throughout?

MVES

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2011, 10:19:00 pm »
Official youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ0FlbeIFwE

can someone rip the HD video?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2011, 10:28:14 pm »

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2011, 10:45:36 pm »
I'm kind of pissed all Perez put was "Watch the premiere of Vanessa Carlton's new music video here."

Like..........duh, the video's there. Did you even watch it?
Peace
Adriann

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2011, 10:51:21 pm »
It was kinda unexpected for me, actually.

But the video is still great.  ;)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2011, 11:34:01 pm »

YES.  I said this  :

wow, no, love posts like this  :), keep it coming, I'm loving your explanations of the song, seems pretty spot on  :)

thanks! I've lost my mojo though, I went to sleep!  I am reading the other thread about the owl line and I have no intelligence to add.
~Sara~

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2011, 11:38:37 pm »
Official youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ0FlbeIFwE

can someone rip the HD video?

UGH!!! Not availabe in my country. Ugh, godamn anonoying and stupid! I do watch it with a proxy tho, but cannot manage to download it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:49:09 pm by Weisz »
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Pushglow

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2011, 11:51:17 pm »
UGH!!! Not availabe in my country. Ugh, godamn anonoying and stupid! I do watch it with a proxy tho, but cannot manage to download it.

Vanessa Carlton - Carousel (720p - mp4 - 48.04 MB)
Download (Mediafire)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:53:43 pm by Pushglow »

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2011, 11:56:34 pm »
Thankyou. Hope they fix this soon cause it's hella dumb having the video restricted.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the