Author Topic: New Album- Euphoria?!  (Read 222912 times)

JamesCrowley

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Album- Euphoria?!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:47 am »
I'm really hoping I like this album. Kind of apprehensive, but hoping for the best.

I'm not overly keen on electronica in general, but I really liked the way she fused it with her own style in Patience. If the album still retains her "essence" as it were, I'd be happy.

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 05:40:51 am »
Euphoria is a great album title! Although, I don't think that's the exact name. Nessa has never been that simple with her tweets. She wouldn't tweet the album name. It's probably code for something. Perhaps "Euphorium" or "Euphorian on the Run"  ::)

Be Not Euphoria sounds amazing... hahaha

Be Not Euphoria doesn't sound too bad, actually.  :) I don't know where Take It Easy will fit on this "Electronica" record, though. I hope she doesn't change it too much. I would rather it be left off the album completely. Maybe she'll turn Best Behavior and all the other unreleased songs into electronic versions. I wouldn't mind hearing an electro BB.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 06:44:15 am »
I'm really hoping I like this album. Kind of apprehensive, but hoping for the best.

I know what you mean about being apprehensive.  I have not been a big fan of the stuff she's been posting (blouse, mike snow, washed out, etc) so I'm just hoping it pans out.  Ultimately, if she's happy I'm happy.  I will buy the album regardless, just like with Jewel's fourth album that I did not care for (0304), I just don't listen to it that much, or ever.  I can't imagine it will be exactly like her inspirations.  She tends to put the V spin on it, so I just have to keep the faith!

Actually, V already made the same kind of transition when she made ROTR. And as it turned out, it is something better ;)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 09:28:57 am »
I think if we try and listen to some of V's influences (I've been trying Hot Chips) the over all effect is amazing.

I think you can play around with your production so much it's really interesting and I think it's quiet adventurous since (in my complete juvenile experience of recording music so slap me if I'm wrong) acoustic recording seems to be pretty limited with regards to production and getting the right kind of desired sounds in the song.

I hope I'm making sense and not just sounding like an idiot who knows jack shit about recording (I basically am)

With regards to a title being "Euphoria". Maybe that's the kind of sounds she's heading for - dream like state-ey though I'm keeping my fingers crossed behind my back hoping against hope that I love this album.

I feel like a traitor.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »
euphoria is probably a working title.  if she does go with it, it would remind me of things in buddhism and the such where the goal is nirvana, or with jungian psychology (which Joseph campbell bases his work on) is individuation.  Both can relate to "euphoria" or being so satisfied with life you are giddy, elated, happy, at one with oneself.  However, I think that since she put the "euphoria" in quotes, it's most likely not the title but the feeling you are supposed to get when listening to it.
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 04:50:16 pm »
you guys worry a lot.
all i can say is that i totally trust vanessa and i'm so excited for this album.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 03:48:44 am »
lol, i could not dislike the name "euphoria" more. It makes me think about Eurovision and i dont like the word at all. I dont like the name "Patience" nor "Take it easy" either, i find them sort of cheesy and too common. Excuse my taste :)

I dont mind about the songs, she will never do bad in my eyes, but i dont really have super high expectations cause in my ears i know nothing will be as good as harmonium :) I'm excited for the "new" stuff and sound tho <3
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:55:15 am by Weisz »
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 04:15:00 am »
you guys worry a lot.
all i can say is that i totally trust vanessa and i'm so excited for this album.

lol, it's not like it keeps up at night.
~Sara~

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 09:22:44 am »
haha right? god forbid on a forum dedicated to vanessa carlton we talk about vanessa carlton's new album and how it may compare to her last.

jpmsull

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • In the end / we begin again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 06:56:35 pm »
This is indeed album number 5! She announced it a few months back. Here is the thread with all we know so far:
http://forum.nessaholics.com/index.php?topic=13434.0

It is yet to be seen if this is purely a V project or an expansion on the electronic side project she said she began plotting with Steve the last time she was at Real World, when she mentioned "Moneymaker". Whether "Euphoria" is the name of the album or the project isn't clear, but i'm confident this will be a Vanessa Carlton album.
She mentioned a year ago a new song about a ghost in a lighthouse or something? And then tweeted about "a song idea like a cinema". Then recently she has given teases of new songs "Patience" and "Take it Easy", and mentioned that she has been quite in a productive space with her songwriting.
That pretty much brings us all up to speed!

Does anyone have links for the teasers?

I walk the street with this song in my head / we ebb and we flow so

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 08:17:46 pm »
This is indeed album number 5! She announced it a few months back. Here is the thread with all we know so far:

It is yet to be seen if this is purely a V project or an expansion on the electronic side project she said she began plotting with Steve the last time she was at Real World, when she mentioned "Moneymaker". Whether "Euphoria" is the name of the album or the project isn't clear, but i'm confident this will be a Vanessa Carlton album.
She mentioned a year ago a new song about a ghost in a lighthouse or something? And then tweeted about "a song idea like a cinema". Then recently she has given teases of new songs "Patience" and "Take it Easy", and mentioned that she has been quite in a productive space with her songwriting.

Here's Patience: http://soundcloud.com/vanessa-carlton/vanessa-carlton-patience
Look for Take It Easy around here. It's up for download. ;)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

jpmsull

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • In the end / we begin again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 08:29:47 am »

Here's Patience: http://soundcloud.com/vanessa-carlton/vanessa-carlton-patience
Look for Take It Easy around here. It's up for download. ;)

Thanks a lot! :)

I walk the street with this song in my head / we ebb and we flow so

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 03:43:40 pm »
She needs to finish that song she played in Gotti's Way. The most played 57-second song in my iTunes.
and somehow puts in (Dark) Carnival as a bonus track, cuz it will smash.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 07:00:53 am »
I found the real world studios website, and it shows the availability of the different studios you can book. Seen as Vanessa said she's heading back there in September, the main room is booked for the last two weeks of the month, so hopefully that's the start of the recording time of Euphoria, or whatever new name Vanessa has concocted :)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 08:36:21 am »
yeah, people have posted the link to the availability somewhere else.  But I'm sure she will tweet about it.  she's been tweeting a lot lately!
~Sara~