Author Topic: New Album- Euphoria?!  (Read 222931 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Album- Euphoria?!
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2013, 04:48:38 am »
uhhhg thanks for the evidence
I must have been so traumatized by reading it that I blocked it out. haha
~Sara~

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2013, 09:38:55 am »
I can't wait to shake my money maker to moneymaker. Ever since she tweeted about it in like 2010 I've been frothing at the the mouth for some upbeat tunes from V.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2013, 01:17:25 pm »
haha i wasn't happy when i first saw it too. but i'm sure she didn't mean too much pop at all haha :)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2013, 08:55:59 pm »
Lol. I so love this woman.

Given that she maybe snoops around here, what intrigued me was Cantharides was written on the board. Which I understand is Spanish Fly which I believe is an aphrodisiac?

And Night Flight - The novel whose cover we were discussing looked like some of the artwork that was going around for bride..

I love that board.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:32:55 pm by joey »
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2013, 11:19:01 pm »
from twitter:

hey! euphoria isn't the name of the album. It's not straight forward electronica. The palette is its own custom thing x

Interesting! I just cannot wait to hear it.

williansouza908

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2013, 11:21:15 pm »
I can not believe I did that question over the name of of music video she does not tweeted me but at least answered

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 03:53:17 am »
Funny how V is always in the boards. :D

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2013, 07:08:44 am »
    Jamie Sward ‏@Fool_4_Music

@VanessaCarlton Is Euphoria the new "electronically-influenced" album you/the blogs (including mine) have been alluding to?
    from Highland Park, NJ

9 hrs Vanessa Carlton Vanessa Carlton ‏@VanessaCarlton

@Fool_4_Music hey! euphoria isn't the name of the album. It's not straight forward electronica. The palette is its own custom thing x

answers straight from her!  i'm glad she answers someone's tweets, even if they aren't mine! haha
I wonder what the album name will be then?  I wonder if she has it or hasn't quite figured it out yet.  any gueses?
Night Flight? or something else from the chalkboard
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:13:15 am by sarab »
~Sara~

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2013, 08:01:15 pm »
Email sent out today:

Phantoms!

I haven't written a proper note in a while.  After my last orchestra gig in October, by the sea, in North Carolina, (the night of the hurricane), I've mostly been laying low. Traveling...but not for work: Chicago, Providence, Phoenix, Bath.  All the while I have been writing a new record, slowly weaving this project together.  I spent three weeks at Real World Studios last month and I've figured out the sonic palette for said album with Mr Steve Osborne.  This will be another roots-deep collaboration and aesthetically in the vein of Rabbits but heading into the thicket, a new place, so we gettin a bit crafty. Hear the Bells may have to be given credit for the door opener to the sounds on this one.

I've also been so happy playing with my talented friends from other bands. Wonderful musicians who make me see things differently and have helped me distill some of my own ideas even. I need to send these people chocolates and gold to further express my gratitude.

Now I'm back in NYC, at my desk, just in from Pennsylvania, where Victor blissfully slid around on a frozen lake chasing balls (he's a dog not a man). I've got half an album to complete and tons of canvas to dye indigo. I've also been knee deep into sleeping like a teenage boy, the Grace Coddington memoir, Tracy Anderson, beer and neon signs.

Keep it classy.

xo
v
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:04:52 pm by Bruised »

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 04:09:26 am »
Email sent out today:

Phantoms!

I haven't written a proper note in a while.  After my last orchestra gig in October, by the sea, in North Carolina, (the night of the hurricane), I've mostly been laying low. Traveling...but not for work: Chicago, Providence, Phoenix, Bath.  All the while I have been writing a new record, slowly weaving this project together.  I spent three weeks at Real World Studios last month and I've figured out the sonic palette for said album with Mr Steve Osborne.  This will be another roots-deep collaboration and aesthetically in the vein of Rabbits but heading into the thicket, a new place, so we gettin a bit crafty. Hear the Bells may have to be given credit for the door opener to the sounds on this one.

I've also been so happy playing with my talented friends from other bands. Wonderful musicians who make me see things differently and have helped me distill some of my own ideas even. I need to send these people chocolates and gold to further express my gratitude.

Now I'm back in NYC, at my desk, just in from Pennsylvania, where Victor blissfully slid around on a frozen lake chasing balls (he's a dog not a man). I've got half an album to complete and tons of canvas to dye indigo. I've also been knee deep into sleeping like a teenage boy, the Grace Coddington memoir, Tracy Anderson, beer and neon signs.

Keep it classy.

xo
v

I was thinking, should this go in "official vanessa posts" since it IS officially from her?
~Sara~

williansouza908

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 07:51:24 pm »
seems that now we know not will be dance pop and yes a style rabbits for new album

Bruised

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2013, 03:43:40 pm »
Email sent out today:

Phantoms!

Keep it classy.

xo
v

I was thinking, should this go in "official vanessa posts" since it IS officially from her?

I was wondering that too but nothing's been posted in there since 2009 so I was a little bit intimidated haha. Plus the sticky does say that no new threads can be posted in there anyway, so this ended up being the best place for it.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2013, 11:13:55 pm »
Email sent out today:

Phantoms!

Keep it classy.

xo
v

I was wondering that too but nothing's been posted in there since 2009 so I was a little bit intimidated haha. Plus the sticky does say that no new threads can be posted in there anyway, so this ended up being the best place for it.

I didn't mean to sound accusatory or anything,... I just hadn't posted it myself because I wasn't sure where to post it!  I see what you mean about it being locked, so to speak.  THANKS FOR POSTING IT! I didn't mean to seem ungreatful or anything either!!
~Sara~

Bruised

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2013, 05:32:30 pm »
No worries :) I know you didn't mean it like that :)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2013, 02:33:49 pm »
When those pictures came out of Vanessa's chalkboard and there was a symbol written on it in the shape of a T.  I wondered what it was.  I had forgotten all about it until I was in barnes and noble and came across a book of symbols.  It reminded me of the symbol on her blackboard so I picked it up, flipped to a page and there it was!  The very first page I looked at.  I'm pretty sure it's the Tau cross and I found some info.  Here is one place:
http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/antau.html and wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Tau
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with her album it just might be the letter "T" who knows!  But my guess is that it means something to her and it might be related to the album.  Just thought I'd share  ;D
~Sara~