Author Topic: New Album- Euphoria?!  (Read 222953 times)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Re: New Album- Euphoria?!
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2014, 05:14:48 am »
does anyone remember or have on hand when she mixed rotr ? I remember she tweeted about that too... I think it was early in the year and release was july, so maybe summer time or fall?
I can't remember but I'm hoping for a Fall release for Liberman.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2014, 01:43:05 pm »
I know it's not strictly related to the new album, so forgive me for posting in here, it's just that I don't think it necessarily warrants making a new thread.

I've just been reading a Deer Tick interview, and this cropped up

"Might we ever see an album of duets/covers with the wife? Oh yeah. We’ve been thinking about that. Probably country and western songs. My mother-in-law really wants us to do it, and she’s a really smart lady.

Read more: http://providence.thephoenix.com/music/157658-hitting-the-sweet-spot/#ixzz2vmrUk435"

I reckon this is actually quite plausible, Vanessa has recently been getting involved in a lot more independent projects, such as that charity Songs for Slim a while back, and a cover/new interpretation of lyrics and musical arrangement wouldn't be too time consuming, I don't think. It's a possibility we may have to look forward to :)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2014, 08:24:19 pm »
http://instagram.com/p/l0EXDtsdrm/

does it mean it's already been mastered?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:27:16 pm by Fred_Saboya »

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2014, 01:32:56 am »
She posted on the 14th (last Friday) that it was bein mastered get the next two weeks, so I'm not sure whether it's been finished very quickly, or half done. I suppose if it's just a mock up for Stevie to do the track listing, it doesn't really matter. Also, someone on twitter asked if that was the final artwork and she said no.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2014, 02:04:42 pm »
Mastering is the final step in making an album.  You really do need a running order to do it properly.  The goal is to make the songs hang together sonically in a uniform way, that no songs are too loud or too soft.  You add the last bits of EQ and/or compression, determine the length of the gaps in between songs, etc.  All Stevie would need to do the running order is copies of the final mixes.

It's not that you cannot mess with a running order after mastering, but there may need to be some minor tweaks if you switch songs around.

Dan

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2014, 02:48:53 pm »
Thanks for that,  hopefully Liberman's on the way then, if the running order is getting sorted., then it appears to be the penultimate step. Fingers crossed for some updates in the coming weeks.

Alex0821

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2014, 03:55:56 am »
Hi everyone - do we know who or what "Liberman" is a reference to? Sorry if that's really obvious or she's already said, I haven't had much time to follow this as I've been really busy with work and everything. Thanks so much!  ;D
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2014, 08:22:58 am »
I don't believe that she has explicitly said anything about the title with regard to where it came from/what it means/represents. Any interpretation is all ours

awalker264

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2014, 05:48:07 pm »
Vanessa's middle name is a family name and spelled that way because her grandfather changed it. It was Lieberman, but he changed it to Lee.  :)
awalker264

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2014, 12:07:08 pm »
Vanessa's middle name is a family name and spelled that way because her grandfather changed it. It was Lieberman, but he changed it to Lee.  :)

Interesting.
...and you know this how?

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2014, 09:04:18 pm »

From her recent tweets and instagrams, this sounds accurate

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2014, 10:11:19 pm »
Vanessa's middle name is a family name and spelled that way because her grandfather changed it. It was Lieberman, but he changed it to Lee.  :)

interesting, though i don't remember reading that on her tweets.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:18:51 pm by Fred_Saboya »

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2014, 03:29:06 am »
Vanessa's middle name is a family name and spelled that way because her grandfather changed it. It was Lieberman, but he changed it to Lee.  :)

interesting, though i don't remember reading that on her tweets.

this tweet yesterday:
"The ladies of Liberman. Grandpa "Lee" painted this in '63 "
while it's not definitive proof, it does lend credibility to the information.
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2014, 08:26:07 am »
Full name: Vanessa Lee Carlton. [My middle name is a family name and spelled that way] because my grandfather changed it. It was Lieberman, but he changed it to Lee.

http://forum.nessaholics.com/index.php?topic=10957.0;wap2

Off of our very own forum, so I guess it's super credible, from an early VH1 interview

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2014, 06:20:13 am »
Full name: Vanessa Lee Carlton. [My middle name is a family name and spelled that way] because my grandfather changed it. It was Lieberman, but he changed it to Lee.

http://forum.nessaholics.com/index.php?topic=10957.0;wap2

Off of our very own forum, so I guess it's super credible, from an early VH1 interview

nice find!

a recent tweet "House of Seven Swords (3)- Liberman " (with a pic of what looks like a tarot card to me, or possibly a painting) makes me think that this song will be the third song on the album.  Possibly first single?
~Sara~