Author Topic: Liberman  (Read 215735 times)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: Liberman
« Reply #480 on: October 17, 2015, 08:57:58 am »
Since the record will be released on friday, I'm trying to resist listening to it until then. Not sure if I'm gonna succeed though ;)

MrMoon

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 17, 2015, 09:50:54 am »
House of Seven Swords = OMG

-Nessaholista-

• View Profile
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #482 on: October 17, 2015, 09:54:40 am »

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 17, 2015, 03:33:47 pm »
OMG at Matter of Time. Listened to it all day today. It's so beautiful. I hadn't listened to a live version before. V is so right--this is such a happy album to listen to. I'm in love.

Star7

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: October 17, 2015, 05:31:29 pm »
Omg I love it so much!! I seriously was just thinking I couldnt wait for the release and then this! Usually I would wait, but I really needed this today :)))

MrMoon

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 17, 2015, 10:30:47 pm »
usually there's one or two songs on her albums that i can't get into, but every track here is stellar!

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 17, 2015, 11:21:02 pm »
It's strange....there's tons of stuff that I liked better live (Take It Easy's old "starry" sound) or maybe just got used to..so I was kind of nervous to hear the studio versions of some of the other songs but I am impressed and very happy.  Matter of Time has never been a favorite of mine but it's absolutely beautiful on the album.  And HOUSE OF SEVEN SWORDS has me speechless.  I guess it's easy to get so stuck on the youtube and live versions we've known for like 2 years now but this is a great set of songs from VC.  I am very happy and can't wait for the CD on Friday.

..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 18, 2015, 06:16:45 am »
Of course the album has to become available when I'm in a place where I'm almost never left alone and the wifi is the woooorrrrrssst. Being the dedicated Nessaholic that I am though, I didn't give up and I was finally able to listen to the album last night.

Liberman is a freaking masterpiece. I honestly can't decide if it tops Rabbits or not, but they're both pretty different so I'm not sure I can really compare my love for both of them. Vanessa definitely succeeded in creating the 'dream-like' sound that she was talking about. The album is so beautiful and peaceful and smooth and dreamy and oh-so lovely.

My thoughts on each song(sorry - I had to gush about this album SOMEWHERE):

Take it Easy: Although the live version will always have a super special place in my heart(and I still listen to it from time to time), the studio version has really grown on me and I adore it. A great choice for the first track.

Willows: Lovely.

House of Seven Swords: Wowowoow. Magic. Vanessa sounds like an angel on this track. Also, it's really interesting to see how much the sound has evolved from the demo(which I also adore - it's so trippy).

Operator: I'm so happy that this track ended up on the record! Absolutely in love with this song.

Blue Pool: Lush and dreamy. Love the piano on this one.

Nothing Where Something Used To Be: I know some people are unhappy with the studio version, but I'm in love with it.

Matter of Time: Wasn't the biggest fan of the live version, but I'm very impressed with the studio version. It's going to win me over in a few listens.

Unlock the Lock: I adore this track. I love the piano melodies.

River: I have to admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of the live version, but the album version is great!

Ascension: Just like In the End, I'm going to have to listen to this one a few times before my appreciation for it really grows.

The wait for Liberman was so worth it. I'm so happy with the result! I really can't wait to take long walks with this album.

Young Teacher Heart

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: October 18, 2015, 02:08:16 pm »
I am going to do a lengthier review after it's official release, but I just wanted to say one thing in particular about this wonderful work known as Liberman.

I feel as if Liberman is all about ascending life by unlocking the lock to the river of true happiness that is always there waiting for us.

Young Teacher Heart

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: October 18, 2015, 02:15:35 pm »
Of course the album has to become available when I'm in a place where I'm almost never left alone and the wifi is the woooorrrrrssst. Being the dedicated Nessaholic that I am though, I didn't give up and I was finally able to listen to the album last night.

Liberman is a freaking masterpiece. I honestly can't decide if it tops Rabbits or not, but they're both pretty different so I'm not sure I can really compare my love for both of them. Vanessa definitely succeeded in creating the 'dream-like' sound that she was talking about. The album is so beautiful and peaceful and smooth and dreamy and oh-so lovely.

My thoughts on each song(sorry - I had to gush about this album SOMEWHERE):

Take it Easy: Although the live version will always have a super special place in my heart(and I still listen to it from time to time), the studio version has really grown on me and I adore it. A great choice for the first track.

Willows: Lovely.

House of Seven Swords: Wowowoow. Magic. Vanessa sounds like an angel on this track. Also, it's really interesting to see how much the sound has evolved from the demo(which I also adore - it's so trippy).

Operator: I'm so happy that this track ended up on the record! Absolutely in love with this song.

Blue Pool: Lush and dreamy. Love the piano on this one.

Nothing Where Something Used To Be: I know some people are unhappy with the studio version, but I'm in love with it.

Matter of Time: Wasn't the biggest fan of the live version, but I'm very impressed with the studio version. It's going to win me over in a few listens.

Unlock the Lock: I adore this track. I love the piano melodies.

River: I have to admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of the live version, but the album version is great!

Ascension: Just like In the End, I'm going to have to listen to this one a few times before my appreciation for it really grows.

The wait for Liberman was so worth it. I'm so happy with the result! I really can't wait to take long walks with this album.

I, too, am hesitating whether or not I prefer Rabbits on the Run or Liberman. I do not think that it's possible to decide this because both albums are perfect and both have different purposes. I think that they work well together. Rabbits on the Run is about the fleeing time and the circular nature of life while Liberman is about finding different ways to Unlock the Lock to the River of true happiness that exists within us to the point of euphoric Ascension.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 18, 2015, 04:44:17 pm »
I'm so obsessed with this album. I believe this is the only VC album I've loved immediately after the first listen. What also stands out is that it seems to be V's first "true" album, in the sense that here we have a complete body of work, of distinctive cohesiveness. I feel an elevated sense of Vanessa's mastery of her craft, a sense of wonder at how she was able to create such a beautiful work of art out of 10 smaller works of art, all of which beg to be replayed multiple times and appear to have been perfected to their finest details.

I think this album is going to be incredibly successful and I'm so happy for V! She's arrived!

Alex0821

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 18, 2015, 05:16:42 pm »
Yeah it'll be hard for me to decide between Rabbits and Liberman, as well. I loved almost all of the songs on ROTR, but I was disappointed with the minimalistic production of many of them (keeping in mind this was the follow up to Heroes & Thieves, back when her production was still very "pop" which is more my style). So that kind of hurt my view of ROTR, though again I loved the songs. Liberman has a better production, I believe, though there are more individual songs I'm kind of lukewarm about. But I've only listened to some of them once, so when the album comes out I'll really give it all a full listen and do a track-by-track review as well :)
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 18, 2015, 05:28:39 pm »
Liberman has a better production, I believe, though there are more individual songs I'm kind of lukewarm about. But I've only listened to some of them once, so when the album comes out I'll really give it all a full listen and do a track-by-track review as well :)

May I ask which ones you are lukewarm about?

And if so, which ones are you lukewarm about?  :P

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 19, 2015, 01:57:54 pm »
This album is amazing. I wrote a week ago how I wasn't excited for it, but now I can't stop listening. It's so beautiful and so happy and I think it's the best work she's ever done. I can't wait to see her on Halloween and this album is everything I need right now. You can tell how happy she is with John and bb Syd and it's so great to see it in her work. I love it.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 19, 2015, 02:48:13 pm »
This album is amazing. I wrote a week ago how I wasn't excited for it, but now I can't stop listening. It's so beautiful and so happy and I think it's the best work she's ever done. I can't wait to see her on Halloween and this album is everything I need right now. You can tell how happy she is with John and bb Syd and it's so great to see it in her work. I love it.

Yeah you can totally catch her mom vibes coming through! And agreed..her best work. Vocally, lyrically, musically... She has soared with this album. Its beauty is almost hard to believe!