Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 310774 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1275 on: August 07, 2007, 06:36:27 pm »
mhmm I love her melodies in the songs sure there are some songs that really don't go that deep for lyrics but there are a few I like the growth in hotel paper. But I hope she comes out better and stronger when she comes back.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1276 on: August 08, 2007, 06:55:24 pm »
Yeah, I guess that's what I mean- she was very young and probably being tugged along by producers who just wanted that great hook and didn't really care whatever she was saying. But I think her staying power will end up depending on how she grows lyrically in the future. There are tons of songs with simple lyrics that are wonderful, but sometimes I find that Michelle's lyrics go beyond simple to plain mundane and annoying. I do hope that her time with Jessica Harp has helped her become a better lyricist (maybe?) and that just being a mother and more of a grownup will help her come out with more introspective, and at least not completely elementary lyrics!

I love Jessica Harp's solo lyrics though. I love her old songs Addicted (really old) and Memphis.

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1277 on: September 16, 2007, 01:02:41 pm »
I never heard of Jessica's solo stuff. I think I once tried to see if she had her own CD but didn't find anything.

I hear Michelle is going to go solo and with country music. I will miss her old music but I am still a true fan at heart :). I don't really care what an artist does , I just don't want them to go hip hop or rap or r n b or metal :/

twilightcarnival

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - distantskies93@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - twilightcarnival
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - runningridermado@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1278 on: September 16, 2007, 09:37:01 pm »
Michelle Branch is really talented. Yeah, I love her music!

And as I sit here in this dark room
All I seem to feel is light...

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1279 on: September 17, 2007, 07:52:45 am »
She's probably going country because CMT still actually plays videos, unlike MTV or VH1. There isn't much of a market for the type of music Michelle Branch and Vanessa Carlton make anymore, to be honest. Going country, as even Bon Jovi has done, will probably ultimately bring in more money and longevity for her. Country fans tend not to get as easily bored of artists from what I've seen.

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1280 on: September 17, 2007, 08:02:45 am »
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Michelle Branch! Her entire Hotel Paper cd is absolutely amazing from start to finish. Every single song is so good! The only downside is that all, but one, are very depressing and about heartbreak. So if you don't mind that, it's very good haha. I really miss her soloness. I'm not a big fan of The Wreckers.....

malchikgej

• AOL Instant Messenger - windsnoctourn
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nyubound101@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/windsnoctourn
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1281 on: September 17, 2007, 10:42:34 am »
Is it already confirmed that she is going to do country music?
~Your words circle in my head
And weigh so heavy on my chest
And I'm crushed by your expectation~

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1282 on: September 17, 2007, 11:42:01 am »
unfortunately yes
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

MyMelody

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1283 on: September 17, 2007, 08:58:06 pm »
I think as long as she does "Hotel Paper"/"Empty-Handed" -type country (which isn't really country, but it's not quite pop either) I'll be a happy camper. Ideally, she'd let us buy Broken Bracelet and stay pop-rock whilst becoming a huge yet down-to-earth music superstar.

But we can't have everything.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1284 on: October 04, 2007, 04:08:11 am »
I like Michelle Branch, and I think she can do country very well.  I'm not big on country, but I'd probably actually buy her albums.
Dustin

HarmySandwhich

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1285 on: October 04, 2007, 10:38:08 am »
Quote from: "CelestialHorse"
I never heard of Jessica's solo stuff. I think I once tried to see if she had her own CD but didn't find anything.

I hear Michelle is going to go solo and with country music. I will miss her old music but I am still a true fan at heart :). I don't really care what an artist does , I just don't want them to go hip hop or rap or r n b or metal :/

Jessica has an independent record called, "Preface" that you can purchase from her website. I like Michelle Branch [I have all three albums, The Spirit Room being my favourite] but she's no Jessica Harp. Preface is by far better than anything Michelle has ever produced.

Formerly known as Meraphix

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1286 on: October 07, 2007, 11:15:10 pm »
i do love Are You Happy Now!  8)

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1287 on: November 16, 2007, 09:49:32 pm »
     "Welcome everyone!!

Thanks for stopping by.

I've started working on the new album a few weeks ago and it's great to have a place where I can come and keep you posted (literally!)
I've got a ton of songs already and everything has kinda found it's own sound. I don't know what to call it.
I'll let you guys decide. I'm hoping to let you hear bits and pieces as we get further along.

It's been so long since I've been just plain MB. I'm so excited I can't even tell you.
Rumor has it, I'll be out on the road starting as early as February with the album being released shortly after that. I can't wait to get out and not only play new songs but also play so many old songs I haven't had the chance to play over the last few years.

Thanks for the love and support.
Be well.
Michelle"

*Forsees more Michelle/Vanessa confusion!* Febuary...agh! oh well I like Michelle but I don't know Vanessa needs her own few months of glory! 8-)[/quote]

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1288 on: November 17, 2007, 09:26:23 am »
I love Michelle, too.

Except I like Vanessa's music a lot more. Unlike Michelle's songs, I can listen to any song of V's, all of them are amazing. Although, I do have my favorites.

carterrocks

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Re: Michelle Branch
« Reply #1289 on: November 30, 2007, 05:00:21 am »
Quote from: "B"
I know that Michelle Branch is a rather taboo topic to some Vanessa Carlton fans, but I know that there are many others (like myself), who love her music. So I guess this thread is for people who do appreciate Michelle Branch's music to talk about it and why they appreciate it... Myself, I personally love her work on the guitar, think she has a tremendous voice, and many of her songs are very, very deep lyrically. My favorite songs by Michelle are "Goodbye to You", "All You Wanted", "Stewarts Coat", "Second Chances", and "Everwhere". What about everyone else? :)

I use to like Michelle beefore the Wreckers *shivers*  my fav song was goodbye to you, I first heard the song on Buffy when Tara was leaving Willow, it was so sad  :(