Author Topic: First day of College  (Read 4259 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
First day of College
« on: September 07, 2003, 07:29:04 am »
Arghhhh! Tommorrow i start Sixth Form College (no, not university you fools)- no uniform, you can leave the campus when you like and studying the subjects you want to. Its SO scary!! My city is a very small place, everyone knows everyone else- i can't help but feel everyone will be judging me. help!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
First day of College
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 07:37:57 am »
i'm from a very small town as well (i think the populations around 7,000) and i know exactly how you feel. When I got in to highschool, i thought the same thing, and was worried about every little thing I did. But the truth is, no one really cared anymore. We were all worried about our grades and our own lives that no one paid attention to those little petty differences like whose more popular than who, and who has better clothes.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that you'll be fine. Just be yourself, and from what i've seen on this board, that would be a really cool person. As long as you have confidence in you, and forget what other people think, you'll be fine.

I hope you have an awesome year! that's cool that you get to leave whenever you want to....our highschool is like a freakin prison...i won't go in to the detail, but it's not fun. thankfully i only have one year left..... 177 days and counting.....

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
First day of College
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 07:39:50 am »
you will be fine, hun. No worries and who cares what anyone else thinks anyway. Besides there isn't anything wrong with you. You are supercute, smart,  have great style and a fun personality. So just be you and you will be fine...have fun!! :)

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Re: First day of College
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 08:29:20 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Arghhhh! Tommorrow i start Sixth Form College (no, not university you fools)- no uniform, you can leave the campus when you like and studying the subjects you want to. Its SO scary!! My city is a very small place, everyone knows everyone else- i can't help but feel everyone will be judging me. help!

:D You'll love it. I had so much fun in 6th form. Then it gets even better at uni :) ... then you have to get a job an it all goes down drain :( lol. But until then there's nothing at all to worry about ;)

Edit: Wow, too many smileys :?

Quote from: "Let"
you will be fine, hun. who cares what anyone else thinks anyway

*nods*

-Kev

Lucy-san

First day of College
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 09:42:35 am »
What's sixth form college?  :? ...eh? well at least I'm not the only one to whom college=university in all cases.

ok well I don't know exactly what you're going into but it appears your the same age as me and we're probably going into the same grade so I have no more experience than you indubitably...but I've definitely noticed people aren't as judgemental as they used to be, and the pressures to conform and be someone besides yourself have definitely decreased by our age. So now is just the time to find your individuality and everyone will love you for it. Or maybe not...I could be wrong  :) Oh and trust me...I just switched out of private school last year so I started having no uniform, choosing more subjects, etc. It is kind of overwhelming at first but its way better this way anyway. If you're like me your primary concern is a shrunken wardrobe. It is sort of a problem for fashion whores like me, but my wardrobe got bigger very quickly and after a while you get used to not wearing a uniform and its really very fun to choose what you're gonna wear every morning. It serves as incentive to get out of bed for me...although this is probably something very unique to me since Im a freak. ;)...anyway good luck!

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
First day of College
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 10:58:01 am »
Thanks so much everyone, i am looking forward to choosing what i'm going to wear every day! lol

And Scum, you didn't have to do AS levels did you!? I hope its really fun, people say that people who never went out with people in Secondary school suddenly start in college. wink wink, nudge nudge. lol

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
First day of College
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 11:30:53 am »
And Scum, you didn't have to do AS levels did you!?

No, I missed the AS thing by one year (or maybe two, I forget). Hopefully AS levels won't mean you have less free periods (I had loads, it was great 8))

I hope its really fun, people say that people who never went out with people in Secondary school suddenly start in college. wink wink, nudge nudge. lol

lol. Nah, It's all lies. There's no time for that sort of thing. College is all about hard work, grades and your future! ;)

Another thing I noticed is that teachers who seemed to hate you start liking you.

-Kev

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
First day of College
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 11:47:13 am »
You see in Hampshire there are no state sixth forms attatched to secondary schools, so i everyone has to go to sixth form college. So i will have all new teachers, i must know about the social truth scum! tell me noooow.  Oh and i don't think i'll have that many free periods, more in upper sixth.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
First day of College
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 12:18:30 pm »
You see in Hampshire there are no state sixth forms attatched to secondary schools, so i everyone has to go to sixth form college. So i will have all new teachers

Ah I see. I was on the same campus from age 11 - 18 (although a different building from 16 up) so it's a bit different I guess.

i must know about the social truth scum! tell me noooow.

Well seeing as you asked so politely. Yeah I guess it's true. Especially if you're meeting all new people and such. I was unlucky in that respect because it was the same people I'd been seeing sinse I was 11. I also remember at my college there were a lot of massive parties (partays). Organised by students for students, Christmas, Easter, Summer, whatever, any excuse. Other than that, it's just generally a lot more fun that GCSE. A lot less people, everyone knows everyone else, skip lessons whenever you want and nobody really cares, fall asleep in free periods, play music in the social lounge or just waste the whole day talking and playing cards. It was all pretty sweet :). I remember once we spent 3 hours talking about what it would be like if the college was turned 90 degrees on it's side, lol we must have been really bored. Lazy days, I miss them.

-Kev

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
First day of College
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 01:38:48 pm »
ahh you will be fine.  You are so smart!
and you are also the cutest living being I have ever seen ...you will be just fine .

danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
First day of College
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2003, 02:56:43 pm »
Yeah, everything will be fine, just have confidence in yourself and your abilities. :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
First day of College
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2003, 05:49:39 pm »
you're 16 and in college?
whoa.. i'm almost 18 and i'm not starting till next fall!

i'm sure u'll be fine! have fun!  :)
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
First day of College
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2003, 07:18:03 pm »
You see in Hampshire there are no state sixth forms attatched to secondary schools, so i everyone has to go to sixth form college.

Rosie.. this is the single most confusing thing I think I've ever enountered...  I mean this is truly something I can't even start to decypher... ;)
-- Jason

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
First day of College
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2003, 07:28:21 pm »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"

Rosie.. this is the single most confusing thing I think I've ever enountered...  I mean this is truly something I can't even start to decypher... ;)

lol . . . .

*nods head*  

mhmm I follow, Rosie :?  :?

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
First day of College
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2003, 06:36:05 am »
There's not much I can say that everyone has already said...so I'll just stick with GOOD LUCK!!!

Have fun and be yourself =)
(coz then they'll all have no choice but to like you  :wink: )

Love and *hugs*
- T xxx
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.