Author Topic: The Lord Of The Rings  (Read 21365 times)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2004, 09:07:03 am »
Oh duuuuuuuuuuude, look at this:

In a conversation with Ringer Spy Nerdanel after dinner, Jackson said he had just finished editing the Extended Edition of RotK and that it was 4 hours and 10 minutes. Nerdanel was either too polite or too dense to ask whether that includes the credits.

Source: http://www.theonering.net/staticnews/1075238680.html

I can't freaking wait for that!!!!  8O
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2004, 09:44:21 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"

In a conversation with Ringer Spy Nerdanel after dinner, Jackson said he had just finished editing the Extended Edition of RotK and that it was 4 hours and 10 minutes. Nerdanel was either too polite or too dense to ask whether that includes the credits.

Bloody hell... 8O
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2004, 01:45:22 am »

Source: http://www.theonering.net/staticnews/1075238680.html

I can't freaking wait for that!!!!  8O

Sweet :)

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2004, 11:10:31 pm »
so it's looking like this...
Pt1 = 208min
Pt2 = 223min
Pt3 = 250min
Marathon = 681min = 11hours, 21 minutes... for one movie.

Jay_Oh

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - jen@olson.net.nz
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NZGroovage
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nzgroovage/index.htm/
    • Email
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2004, 02:37:43 am »
bah, LoTR, I could just go see the real thing anyday! :P

Afterglow: Brazil is a forest... bah....
Gingernut: I didnt know brazil had sheep...

LimeTwister

The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2004, 06:51:19 am »
Quote from: "Scotty"
I work with the string orchestra and we were playing May It Be from Lord Of the Rings such a chilling tune, I play piano in the string orchestra and help out with the arrangement.

ooo enya.  I like Enya...lol sorry.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2004, 11:36:26 pm »
A funny thing I found on some message board, I thought I'd share.

Things not to do while watching Return of the King

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where
the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT
PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

3. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."

4. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

5. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went to Hogwarts.

6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

7. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

8. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

9. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.

10. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

11. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

12. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

13. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

14. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

15. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

16. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.

17. When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for tense moment and shout, "I see dead people!"

18. Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.

19. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the Shelob scene.

20. Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of
California.

21. When Shelob comes on, exclaim, "Man! Charlotte's really let
herself go!"

:D
Ghisy

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2004, 08:25:05 am »
I saw Fellowship in 2002, I later got the Extended Edition DVD, it's more or less really boring talking scenes, but the action is alright. (6.5 out of 10)

Just got done with The Two Towers Extended and it's pretty good.  Less talk, more action. Nothing to really go crazy over. (8 out of 10)

I got a screener of Return of the King from BitTorrent and I'll watch that soon. I have to wait 'til around X-Mas for the Extended Edition of that one  :cry:

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2004, 08:54:36 am »
Quote from: "keith"
I got a screener of Return of the King from BitTorrent and I'll watch that soon.

Oh man, how can you watch a screener of ROTK??
I know I've been tempted but no, I'm gonna wait for the dvd release.
It's ok, I saw it twice at the movies.  :D
Ghisy

milf guy

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2004, 09:03:35 am »
ghisy i hate you. i have one of the worst colds in the world i have not smoked for 2 days because my throat feel like sandpaper. And u just made me laugh quite hard!

there are some funny ones there partly because i done a lot of them while watching return of the king lol.

also the 3rd movie eats any movie and spits it out. omg it is badass! rohan rock i love the classical piece for them!
:(

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2004, 09:12:15 am »
I got a screener of Return of the King from BitTorrent and I'll watch that soon.

Oh man, how can you watch a screener of ROTK??
I know I've been tempted but no, I'm gonna wait for the dvd release.
It's ok, I saw it twice at the movies.  :D

I refuse to pay money LotR. I got the other two as gifts.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2004, 09:16:57 am »
I refuse to pay money LotR. I got the other two as gifts.

I see.
Oh well...
Ghisy

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2004, 11:34:06 am »
New Line has just finally, officially announced the DVD release of the 4-disc The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Special Extended DVD Edition. As we predicted weeks ago, the DVD will street on 12/14, featuring a 250 minute version of the film with over 50 minutes of new footage and scenes. The film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen video (2.35:1) with audio in both Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and DTS 6.1 ES surround sound. The film will be presented on Discs One & Two, complete with four newly-recorded audio commentaries by the director and writers, the design team, the production team and the cast. These will feature more than 30 participants (including Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Orlando Bloom, Richard Taylor, Howard Shore and many more). The cast commentary will also feature a dialogue between split-personality characters Gollum and Smeagol (Andy Serkis).

Discs Three & Four (The Appendices) will include the usual in-depth documentaries and other features. Disc Three (The War of the Ring) will include a video introduction by Peter Jackson, the final part of the J.R.R. Tolkien: The Legacy of Middle-earth documentary, the From Book to Script: Forging the Final Chapter documentary, an abandoned concept featurette: Aragorn Battles Sauron, the final parts of the Designing Middle-earth, Big-atures, Weta Workshop and Costume Design documentaries, design galleries with more than 2,100 images (divided into The Peoples of Middle-earth, The Realms of Middle-earth and Miniatures), the Home of the Horse Lords documentary, and more interactive Middle-earth Atlas: Tracing the Journeys of the Fellowship and New Zealand as Middle-earth interactive maps (with production footage).

Disc Four (The Passing of an Age) will include a video introduction by Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan, the final part of the Cameras in Middle-earth documentary on the making of the film, a production photo gallery with more than 60 images, the last part of the Weta Digital visual effects documentary, a multi-angle The Mumakil Battle interactive demonstration, the Editorial: Completing the Trilogy, Music for Middle-earth, The Soundscapes of Middle-earth and The End of All Things documentaries, The Passing of an Age documentary, the Cameron Duncan: The Inspiration for Into the West documentary, the DFK6498 and Strike Zone short films and finally the usual DVD-ROM content on all discs.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2004, 10:10:17 am »
this is what I'll be getting:

New Line has announced that the 4-disc Special Extended DVD Editions of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King will all be available in a single box set on 12/14 (SRP $119.97). So if you haven't gotten them yet, here's the perfect chance. Basically, the three separate 4-disc sets will be packaged together in a new outer slipcase. There's nothing new in this release - no exclusive bonus discs or anything. This is just a way to sell all the Extended Editions in one package for those who may wish to purchase them that way.

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
The Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2004, 10:20:47 am »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
this is what I'll be getting:

New Line has announced that the 4-disc Special Extended DVD Editions of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King will all be available in a single box set on 12/14 (SRP $119.97). So if you haven't gotten them yet, here's the perfect chance. Basically, the three separate 4-disc sets will be packaged together in a new outer slipcase. There's nothing new in this release - no exclusive bonus discs or anything. This is just a way to sell all the Extended Editions in one package for those who may wish to purchase them that way.

eh....i already have the Extrended Fellowship Edition....I'm just waited for Return of the King Extended, then I'll buy that along with the Two Towers Extended Edition