Author Topic: 12/6/2003: New York, NY - DVD Taping Reviews Thread  (Read 116558 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
12/6/2003: New York, NY - DVD Taping Reviews Thread
« on: December 06, 2003, 07:17:24 pm »
This is a thread for continued discussion / reviews of today's show.

[Pre-Show Discussion]
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 07:31:09 pm »
jesus christ!
i just wrote this HUGE paragraph about my good time, and then it said the topic was locked, i went back on the browzer and i coundnt get back what i typed!!!!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

oh POO!
i'll post another reply in like 15 minutes after i try to remember what i wrote :cry:

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 07:48:20 pm »
KULP you're the cutest thing ever! lol... hope you had as great of a time as i did!

I'm gonna keep mine short cuz i know other ppl will have a better way with words.

Basically, when i got there first thing i heard was Steph say "Is that GINA?" before i even saw anyone, i just had walked in the door.  And i was like "YES!" and i turned the corner and there was Steph, Joann, Toni and Clarisse! We talked for a few minutes and then a guy came and taped us a little bit, then Stephen Jenkins came and told us to come into the studio.  When the majority of ppl got there, we sat and he told us we were going to be individually interviewed by him, he tried to "break the ice" (not in the way that Steph had asked but it was funny) by pretending to be interviewed.  Then he chose ME to be interviewed first, I was wicked nervous and I fumbled for words in a few questions.. grrr. Oh well, hopefully they'll cut that stuff out.  He asked questions like, your name, where you were from, fav song, what you wrote in your letter, what was different about the cd as opposed to seeing her live, things like that.  Then everyone else got interviewed, and other ppl waited in the hall... where i talked with everyone else! (woohoo i adore you guys).  Then after that was over, we went in and some of us sat on stage, others sat on couches in the audience (where i was)... and she talked and played some songs, answered questions.  She played, Morning Sting(twice!), C'est La Vie, Papa, San Francisco and Afterglow.  Between songs she answered a question from us.  Then when the taping was over... she signed autographs and we got pics taken with her.  We got a big group pic with Nessa too!

I'm sure i'm forgetting so much stuff but... i'll add more later!

SOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!! *still in shock*
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 07:52:09 pm »
awwww gina, i'm so happy and excited and incredibly jealous! :-P i'm so glad it was a good experience for you guys! i best be seeing those pics asap!  :wink:

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 07:53:12 pm »
well heres my re-post(which wont have as much 'wow' to it :? )

so!
finally im back!
i am SO glad i got to go!!!!
the bus ride comming to NY was horrable though, we saw so many accidents and people stuck in snow etc..
and i thought i was going to be late O_O
i got there at like 3:10 ish and like everyone was in the hallway..so ummm i guess i wasnt late..
stephan jenkins was taking like 3-4 people at a time into the other room to interview each person(one at a time) and ask them like 4 questions like :
whats your name?
whats your fav. song?
where are you from?
what did you write in your thingy? etc...

i think i did bad on that part though..lol
i like half coughed when i said my name and they didnt ask me to re-say it. :?  bAh, i told you all i was bad at being interviewed! (i was sick too)
oh well, im sure it was ok.
the couches were SO comfortable! 4 people on each one (butt to butt :wink: lol)
then blah blah blah, after they all got ready vanessa came in and YaY!
she WAS wearing the "Clown Shirt" and she told us its story :) its a very cute shirt :)
she played
"Morning Sting"
"C'est La Vie"
"Papa"
"San Francisco"
"Afterglow"
then after she was done, Jenkins was like"umm when you first did morning sting, we forgot to press the record button" LOL that was so funny!
so she did 'Morning Sting' AGAIN! :D  :D  :D

yeah, there were seats all around the piano, and like 4 couches too...
i was on the couch closest to her :wink:
well, it wasnt like the people sitting in those seats up there were special or anything, stephan was just like, ummmm you, you you, you, you,& you go up there..lol

in between each song a person was picked to ask vanessa a question...

afterwards everyone came up to vanessa one at a time to get her to sign things and take pics with her..
YaY! so i have an autograph,and a pic of me with her.. :D
after a few random pics later we all got together and took one big group picture with vanessa :wink:
so look for that one to be scanned (by someone else, cause i didnt get that one on my camera)

i had so much fun!
everyone was nice :)

i was like constantally taking cough drops so i wouldnt cough while vanessa was playing piano/talking (cause sadly i was sick)

so after a while Jenkins kicked us all out :wink:

im so sorry i couldnt go out to dinner with everyone else..
i ate with my sister at "port authority" at this pizza&pasta place(they had GOOD food!) :razz:  :D

the ride back to PA was much better than the one to NY..
i had lots of fun and im SO very glad i could come! 8)

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 08:02:01 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"

haha... yes butt to butt is right! me and kulpys       were probably too close for his comfort haha. sry bout that buddy!

i was like constantally taking cough drops so i wouldnt cough while vanessa was playing piano/talking (cause sadly i was sick)

haha... yes this is truuue, poor Kulp. When you weren't poppin cough drops i swear you were laughing... hehee :)
Gina

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 08:04:48 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"

haha... yes butt to butt is right! me and kulpys       were probably too close for his comfort haha. sry bout that buddy!

Cece's gonna kill youuuuu, Gina.  :X  I didn't say it!

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 08:06:34 pm »
Quote from: "TSE"
Quote from: "Gina"

Cece's gonna kill youuuuu, Gina.  :X  I didn't say it!

haha... well we had to sit 4 ppl to a couch!!!! :D
Gina

mellsbells12

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - luvabugg12
    • View Profile
awww
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2003, 08:06:43 pm »
you guys i was thinking about you all day!!!!!!!  you are amazing fans and i'm sure it warms vanessa's heart as well as mine and others here that you went out of your way thru this horrid storm to see her.  i cant wait to see the DVD and all of you!!!

on the flip side...since i didnt enter because i'm sooo stupid..i was shoveling all day and killed me left arm!! owchies :(

love you guys, u mean soo much to me. thanks for representin us :)

<3 mells

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2003, 08:11:48 pm »
love you mellsy!  :D

and i love all you guys that went todayyyy! I'm so glad i got to meet all of youuu, o my goodness.  And I got to formally meet Vanessa, so maybe now she'll sorta know my name hehe. Wowww, that was just too great!

i :heart: Nessaholics!
Gina

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2003, 08:11:53 pm »
well heres my re-post(which wont have as much 'wow' to it :? )

so!
finally im back!
i am SO glad i got to go!!!!
the bus ride comming to NY was horrable though, we saw so many accidents and people stuck in snow etc..
and i thought i was going to be late O_O
i got there at like 3:10 ish and like everyone was in the hallway..so ummm i guess i wasnt late..
stephan jenkins was taking like 3-4 people at a time into the other room to interview each person(one at a time) and ask them like 4 questions like :
whats your name?
whats your fav. song?
where are you from?
what did you write in your thingy? etc...

i think i did bad on that part though..lol
i like half coughed when i said my name and they didnt ask me to re-say it. :?  bAh, i told you all i was bad at being interviewed! (i was sick too)
oh well, im sure it was ok.
then blah blah blah, after they all got ready vanessa came in and YaY!
she WAS wearing the "Clown Shirt" and she told us its story :) its a very cute shirt :)
she played
"Morning Sting"
"C'est La Vie"
"Papa"
"San Francisco"
"Afterglow"
then after she was done, Jenkins was like"umm when you first did morning sting, we forgot to press the record button" LOL that was so funny!
so she did 'Morning Sting' AGAIN! :D  :D  :D

yeah, there were seats all around the piano, and like 4 couches too...
i was on the couch closest to her :wink:
well, it wasnt like the people sitting in those seats up there were special or anything, stephan was just like, ummmm you, you you, you, you,& you go up there..lol

in between each song a person was picked to ask vanessa a question...

afterwards everyone came up to vanessa one at a time to get her to sign things and take pics with her..
YaY! so i have an autograph,and a pic of me with her.. :D
after a few random pics later we all got together and took one big group picture with vanessa :wink:
so look for that one to be scanned (by someone else, cause i didnt get that one on my camera)

i had so much fun!
everyone was nice :)

so after a while Jenkins kicked us all out :wink:

im so sorry i couldnt go out to dinner with everyone else..
i ate with my sister at "port authority" at this pizza&pasta place(they had GOOD food!) :razz:  :D

the ride back to PA was much better than the one to NY..
i had lots of fun and im SO very glad i could come! 8)

that's awesome Kulp!!!!
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2003, 08:17:40 pm »
what were her knew songs like? were they like the ones on bnn, or were they a new sound/style? lol, sorry for all the questions  :oops:

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2003, 08:18:26 pm »
I'm still all  :oops:  about "it's called morning sting, not morning stain...that's icky"  ROFLMAO
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2003, 08:19:24 pm »
oh lord that sounds amazing!  I am soooooo excited for the new album more than ever!  Hooray!  Glad everyone had a great time!  Anyone remember some lyrics from San Francisco or Morning Sting?
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2003, 08:19:48 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
what were her knew songs like? were they like the ones on bnn, or were they a new sound/style? lol, sorry for all the questions  :oops:

Yeah I'm curious too.

tylor