Author Topic: Green Day  (Read 19458 times)

feishien

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 04:14:26 am »
I read in a back issue of Rolling Stone that they've been releasing songs on myspace under a different name or something? And that they were going to release their next album under that pseudonym? idk...it was an old issue of Rolling Stone and I haven't read anything else about them (not really that into Green Day anymore..) so I don't know how true that is anymore :S

But I'd definitely look forward to any new music by Green Day :D

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 03:58:49 pm »
Quote from: "feishien"
I read in a back issue of Rolling Stone that they've been releasing songs on myspace under a different name or something? And that they were going to release their next album under that pseudonym? idk...it was an old issue of Rolling Stone and I haven't read anything else about them (not really that into Green Day anymore..) so I don't know how true that is anymore :S

Thats interesting... I wonder what name they are releaseing it under.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Green Day
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 10:34:39 pm »
Quote from: "_all_is_well_"
Quote from: "feishien"

Thats interesting... I wonder what name they are releaseing it under.

If anyone knows or finds out, by all means let me know! :D
Dustin

laurelw

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 01:03:28 pm »
I just saw this thread, so I thought I'd respond.  Their new group is Foxboro Hot Tubs, and it's Green Day plus some other musicians.  The cd is awesome, and it came out in December of 2007 as a download.  They did a tiny club mini tour in May 2008, and it was amazing!

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 02:41:22 pm »
Quote from: "laurelw"
I just saw this thread, so I thought I'd respond.  Their new group is Foxboro Hot Tubs, and it's Green Day plus some other musicians.  The cd is awesome, and it came out in December of 2007 as a download.  They did a tiny club mini tour in May 2008, and it was amazing!

Oh thanks! Thats interesting... Im excited for the new alblum this year!!! The "rumer" is that they have finished recording. :)

laurelw

• View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 03:38:58 pm »
The album should be out in May, and they are definitely touring this year.  There's a rumor that they may play at Coachella in April, but we'll know tomorrow when the 70+ line-up is announced.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 04:01:12 pm »
The album should be out in May, and they are definitely touring this year.  There's a rumor that they may play at Coachella in April, but we'll know tomorrow when the 70+ line-up is announced.

Oh I heard about the Coachella rumor! Where is the line up? Are they playing?

laurelw

• View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2009, 04:36:40 pm »
The line-up was supposed to be announced today, but it wasn't.  Hopefully we'll know tomorrow.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 03:47:20 pm »
Ok well please post when its announced! :)

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 03:54:28 pm »
Green Day
Green Day Album Out May 5

01/29/09 4:45pm

by Kate Harper (CHARTattack)

Green Day's power pop-influenced new album will be released May 5, according to Warner Music Canada.

The as-yet-untitled record is the long-awaited follow-up to 2004's American Idiot. Green Day have been working on it with producer Butch Vig (Against Me!, Nirvana) at the same Hollywood studio where they recorded American Idiot.

Lest you think Green Day haven't recorded anything since 2004, they released Stop Drop And Roll!!! under the Foxboro Hot Tubs moniker last year.

Green Day's Bullet In A Bible concert CD/DVD package appears to be getting a Blu-ray reissue on April 7.

http://www.chartattack.com/news/65578/gree...album-out-may-5

The rumors are flowing.

-----------------------

This was posted on a fan sight. Power-pop??? I hope they mean punk, or at least rock or both... Well see maybe becuase there is rumored piano songs (1 or 2) they say pop.

laurelw

• View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 04:31:11 pm »
power-pop???  ewwww

feishien

• View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 01:52:42 am »
power-pop???  ewwww

exactly what I thought. I just don't group Green Day with Power-Pop.
I mean, really? REALLY?

still interested to hear what they're doing, though.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 02:41:49 pm »
i wouldn't put them with power pop necessarily.. actually, that's a good question.. back in the days of insomniac, i'd probably called them punk rock (not punk.. punk rock. there's a difference. imo). these days... it's rock, but it's also pretty pop.. rock pop if you will. (not pop rock).

anyway.. i think i heard they're putting out a new album sometime in the near future? i don't really know.

but, they did release an album under a different band name: Foxboro Hot Tubs. it's kind of like punk with a mix of like.. i don't know.. 50's rock and roll or something? i don't know. interesting stuff though.

don't ask me why i know all that...
Samuel
(he/him)

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2009, 10:18:29 am »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
i wouldn't put them with power pop necessarily.. actually, that's a good question.. back in the days of insomniac, i'd probably called them punk rock (not punk.. punk rock. there's a difference. imo). these days... it's rock, but it's also pretty pop.. rock pop if you will. (not pop rock).

anyway.. i think i heard they're putting out a new album sometime in the near future? i don't really know.

but, they did release an album under a different band name: Foxboro Hot Tubs. it's kind of like punk with a mix of like.. i don't know.. 50's rock and roll or something? i don't know. interesting stuff though.

don't ask me why i know all that...

I dont know why they said power-pop either! I like the punk and punk rock (The were never the Ramones or anything but i love Green Day anyway)! Anyways I think they say that becuase Billie Joe plays piano and worte 1 or two songs that include piano for this alblum, but i think they are going more back to their roots. ANYWAY this is just a rumored release date, Green Day themselevs didnt say they were turing into the Jonas Brothers.

feishien

• View Profile
Green Day
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:06 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"

exactly, punk-rock would be an appropriate genre to place them in.

God, I hope they don't turn into the Jonas Brothers. That would be horrifying...but also kind of hilarious.