Author Topic: Green Day  (Read 19441 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: Green Day
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2009, 06:27:15 am »
lol, all that doesn't stop them making awful music...

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 08:21:08 pm »
Well you have the right to not like them, BUT I doubt you have even heard of 1039 smoothed out slappy hours or Kerplunk or dookie or insomniac or nimrod which all are wonderfull alblums.

Its kind of like someone whos heard A Thousand Miles but hasnt hears of Harmonium saying Vanessa makes horrible pop shit, which isnt true.

So go ahead and dislike Green Day but they make wonderfull music. Its more mature now but its still good.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2009, 10:27:16 am »
um, yeah i actually have most of their material (particularly their earlier stuff). i just think they've gotten progressively worse - especially in the last few years.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2009, 05:38:41 pm »
Hmm somehow I doubt someone who dislikes the band really has heard their earlier stuff , unless you were old enough when Dookie came out to hear it and listen to their older stuff (which you would only do if you liked them!) or you lived in Berkeley California and were listening to their EPs before Dookie (same here).
What youve heard (or the early stuff you referring to is) Basket Case & Longview Right? Ya and thats probably about it.
Have you ever heard Going to Pasalaqua, At the Library, Christie Road, 2000 Light Years Away, or Andriod? No, or have you? And If you have your most likely one of those people who boycotted Green Day because of American Idiot. Maybe your a republican and dont like the politics of Green Day? What I  know is if you didnt at one point like Green Day you would not have heard 39 smooth or kerplunk and probably you havent heard anything but singles from dookie and maybe youve heard walking contradiction. (which is a very good song)
I know not everyone like the same thing and everyone has different tastes---- BUT you must have liked them at some point to have heard MOST of their older stuff... Becuase why would you listen to MOST of a bands songs if you dont like the band?
So what about them dont you like, I mean you really seem to hate them...
All im saying is you hate them with a passion and have listened to most of their songs? --Doubt it.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2009, 08:35:36 pm »
where did I say I "hate them with a passion"? all my post said was "they suck" - which imo, they do. get over it.

do not patronize me. I used to be a huge fan mannny years ago and have heard almost all of their catalogue.

their recent stuff is shit, therefore they suck. it's my opinion. deal with it.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2009, 09:14:57 pm »
where did I say I "hate them with a passion"? all my post said was "they suck" - which imo, they do. get over it.

do not patronize me. I used to be a huge fan mannny years ago and have heard almost all of their catalogue.

their recent stuff is shit, therefore they suck. it's my opinion. deal with it.
I never said you said that. BUT I did make my point, you like"d'' their old stuff (their best stuff). You probably still do but you just cant get over the fact that they've changed.
I dont really like their new alblum either, I was hopeing I would becuase I did like AI, but that means they suck? --no.
I already told you believe what you want, but i like arguements, i dont expcet to change you opinion.
But they dont suck, and you know it, you were a fan. so "get over it'
--
If you dont get what im saying: imagine that Vanessa starts rapping and someone says "she sucks", well no she doesnt, its just that person doesnt like her rap. (i know that would never happen im just makeing an example).

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2009, 01:17:39 am »
"they suck" - present tense. in the last five+ years, their stuff has disapponted me over & over again. they can never be as good as they once were, sadly.

I don't even think they're as good musicians as they once were either. it's all simple, repetative shit now.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2009, 07:31:54 am »
DO YOU KNOW THE ENEMY? Yes, it is Green Day. hahaha

I hate their new music. Sorry, have to agree with Martin. They are American Idiots if anyone is....

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2009, 04:03:20 pm »
DO YOU KNOW THE ENEMY? Yes, it is Green Day. hahaha

I hate their new music. Sorry, have to agree with Martin. They are American Idiots if anyone is....
id have to say that it was bush

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:54 pm »
"they suck" - present tense. in the last five+ years, their stuff has disapponted me over & over again. they can never be as good as they once were, sadly.

I don't even think they're as good musicians as they once were either. it's all simple, repetative shit now.
Theyre old stuff is better I already mentiond that, i also mentioned i was dissapointed with their new stuff.
But how does you not likeing them equat to them sucking?

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2009, 12:10:01 pm »

Theyre old stuff is better I already mentiond that, i also mentioned i was dissapointed with their new stuff.
But how does you not likeing them equat to them sucking?

*Sigh*

It's my opinion. They're no longer good. So in other words; they suck. That's all. Sorry if offends you or whatever, but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

feishien

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2009, 10:47:24 pm »
What's with all the Green Day hate?

I enjoy their latest album. True, I don't like it as much as their other stuff, but I still think it's musically and lyrically sound, and not "OMG TERRIBLE!!!1"

to each his (or her) own, I guess. *shrugs*

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2009, 05:02:56 pm »

*Sigh*

It's my opinion. They're no longer good. So in other words; they suck. That's all. Sorry if offends you or whatever, but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
[/quote]

It doesnt offend me but im not sure you know the definition of suck.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2009, 12:03:31 am »
Oh.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:09:22 am by Martin. »