Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 49231 times)

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2003, 09:07:01 pm »
8)

keith

• View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2003, 07:02:33 am »
LAUNCH.com has the World Preimere of the new Manson video "mOBSCENE "

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1016885

jessica73

Marilyn Manson
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2003, 08:42:17 am »
Great Keith  8)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2003, 08:47:49 am »
I have to say that he straight out scares me- he really does. I saw him on Fanatic and it just seems like he's a damaged boarding school boy, nonethless thousands like his music so they can't be wrong and nikkee i truely respect your opinions- his music just really isn't for me.

oh and i was never able to work out whether they were a band or whether he was a solo singer or ack! Isn't there another band just called Manson or sth? please explain!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

keith

• View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2003, 08:52:14 am »
the band is called Marilyn Manson. Because the two people that talked about the most in the 60s were Charles Manson and Marilyn Monroe.
Brian Warner is the lead singer. There was some talk of him changing his name to Marilyn Manson, but I dunno. nikkee may can tell you about that.

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2003, 08:53:40 am »
lesson #1

the band used to be called "Marilyn Manson and The Spooky Kids".  The band name was too long so they dropped most of it to just "Marilyn Manson".  So Marilyn Manson is the name of the artist and the band as well. Each band member has a stage named that consisted of good and evil.  The first name being that of a famous woman who was usually a model.  The last name was of a serial killer.  

Marilyn Monroe + Charles Manson = Marilyn Manson
Madonna + John Wayne Gacy = M.W. Gacy also known as "pogo"*
Ginger + Albert Fish = Ginger Fish

Those are the names of the current members remaining in the band that still have the traditional stage name.

*Pogo is the name John Wayne Gacy used when he dressed up as a clown to entertain the kiddies.

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2003, 03:11:25 pm »
awww lookie what my Southern Belle left for me in my folder! :) Thanks SB#1.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2003, 01:19:10 pm »
I checked the R&R numbers for the new single, and compiled a report. Here it is :)

Week ending 4/25/2003 :

ACTIVE ROCK :

"Mobscene" moves from #43 LW to #25 this week with 495 plays. Trapt's "Headstrong" is the #1 song with 1930 plays.

Notes: First in Most Increased Plays with +360, the fifth Most Added song with 7 adds.

ALTERNATIVE :

"Mobscene" enters the Alternative chart top 50 at #33 this week with 558 plays. Linkin Park's "Somewhere I Belong" maintains at #1 with 3187 plays.

Notes: Fifth in Most Added with 10 adds, third in Most Increased Plays at +375.

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
wooooooooooo
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2003, 01:22:59 pm »
Well, now, im sorry I clicked on THIS thread.  *Shudders*
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2003, 04:29:56 pm »
hahahah! Andrew! You know you wanted a mental orgasm! ;)

Thanks Brian!You rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

irishfan123

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2003, 02:56:29 pm »
Great thread nik.

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2003, 03:01:46 pm »
Quote from: "irishfan123"
Great thread nik.

Thanks C!

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2003, 03:11:03 pm »
Also.....

good reviews for MM!

"The good news for Manson's fans and his accountants alike is 'The Golden Age of Grotesque' may well be his best album yet."

and something he just wrote for Rolling Stone

Quote from: "Marilyn Manson"
The Dead Rock Star
by Marilyn Manson

Jesus was the first rock star. The cross is the biggest, greatest piece of merchandise in history, bigger than any concert T-Shirt. And Jesus was the first dead rock star. Like Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain and Jimi Hendrix, he became immortal by dying. A dead rock star becomes perfect, and he’ll be that forever. He’ll never change, never get old, never turn into something less great than at his peak, at the moment of his death.
It’s not just death that turns you into an icon. It’s how many people are watching when you die, and the way the camera can turn you into a martyr. I had a song on my last record called "Lamb of God" about just that. It was inspired by Jesus, John Lennon and John Kennedy. We’re not just fascinated with death. We’re in love with death, because we’re so afraid of it. And the people who live their lives close to death, or who die tragically, are the ones we’re going to fantasize about the most. It is escapism, it’s voyeurism, it’s escapism, it’s voyeurism, it’s living vicariously. Or dying vicariously.
Jim Morrison had a shamen quality to him; he was a shirtless Christlike figure. He was inspiring. He bought darkness into the mainstream, right in the middle of the Summer of Love. He did and said what he wanted, and he behaved like a child, which is admirable and beautiful. I have Jim Morrison to thank for making me want to write, and for making me want to take acid, and for making me want to expose myself in Florida.
I remember reading "No One Here Gets Out Alive" when I was in the tenth grade, and that made me want to write. I have always, since I was a fourteen years old, written thing in my journals, and have always been very protective of things that I put down in paper. I have a hard time committing my personal feelings and my deepest, darkest secrets to a place where someone will be able to obtain them.
Morrison’s enduring strength as a historical figure is in his mystery. I think the modern, contemporary treatment of rock stars on MTV and the voyeuristic world of reality TV are a great threat to anyone who wants to retain any sort of value throughout history. My whole life, I have tried to steer clear from "behind the scenes" things. They take away from the power of what you do. If you start explaining your tricks, then you are a shitty magician. I’m watching all these other people piss away what could be great works of art by going on "Cribs". You can be legendary for not doing anything because of this voyeuristic culture that we live in. You can be famous for "surviving" something, or for marrying a millionaire, or for being a victim of a crime. It’s a strange time that we are in now.
With Jim Morrison, it’s the dark sexual element. You want to grow up to be like him. With Kurt Cobain, it’s about relating to his pain and understanding how close death’s door is. When I was just about to start a band in 1989, I was still a journalist, and I got a promo pack from Sub Pop records with Bleach and a black-and-white glossy photo of Nirvana. There was something really dark and alluring about the record. And that feeling hits you every time you hear one of their songs. You can hear a tear in his voice, the pain going on there.
When Cobain died, no one was very much surprised. I was disappointed, but I think a part of me was relieved because it seemed like he was suffering so much in the last years of his life, and his suffering was over, if anything. He despised being the rock star he ended up being. But like Morrison and Hendrix, he was proof that the most amazing art comes from people who are living their lives like there is no tomorrow.

interview with SPIN
http://www.marilynmanson.com/press/030600spin/01.html

interview with Blender
http://www.marilynmanson.com/press/030500blender/01.html

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2003, 03:46:27 pm »

nessasmainsqueeze

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marilyn Manson
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2003, 04:04:22 pm »
No offence intended nikkee, but the only word I can use to adaquatally describe your overbeaing inthatuation with this band is "Obession".  Dont get me wrong, I like the band, Brian is pretty cool, but there is a point where it gets to be too much.  Example: I'll bet you not only know every one of their birthdays, but their families birthdays as well.  I wouldnt be surprised if you knew where they all lived too  :wink: .

-Tom
Love Sucks