Author Topic: Hi, I'm a newbie!  (Read 7219 times)

rainforestspirit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« on: May 29, 2005, 01:05:38 pm »
Hi I’m a newbie! I have been registered for a while but never posted anything, just lurked. Now I am finally posting. My name’s Carly and I’m 25. I currently live in Albany, NY but will be moving to Miami to go to grad school for Environmental Science. As you can see from my name I love the rainforest and will be doing some of my studies in the rainforests of Mexico and Belize. I have also lived in Wisconsin, Michigan, Colorado, and Arizona.

I have been a Nessa fan since I heard the first riff of A thousand miles and my heart skipped a beat! Even though I loved A thousand miles, I didn’t be come a huge fan til Ordinary Day came out. It reminds me of someone special in my life and is my favorite song. Then, I really got hooked when Harmonium came out and I was able to go to Vanessa’s concerts! I have since become very obsessed: I’ve been to 5 concerts and met her 3 times! Her piano ability is so amazing! Ever time I have met her she has been so sweet and genuinely interested in fans.
I am starting to slowly learn to play, totally inspired and impressed by her.

My website is: http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan if anyone wants to check it out. It has a ton of photos I have taken at concerts from my nifty professional camera. As a “second career” I am a photographer.

I have met Gina, Jessica (jlmusicchick), Nikki (dancernl), Jackie, Mells, and Steve here and look forward to getting to know more of you! :D
~Carly

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 01:10:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you decided to stop lurking and start posting!  :D
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 02:13:49 pm »
yay, welcome.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 10:06:09 pm »
Yes, welcome to Nessaholics!  We are your support group!  (Well, we're here to support your habit, anyway :razz: )
Dustin

angelheart56

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - angelheart567865@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vcangelsb922
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - angelheart567865
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/angelheart56
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 08:16:55 am »
Welcome! Glad you decided to post!

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 08:24:01 am »
Welcome.

I envy you. I still haven't been able to attend a single concert :(. You're a lucky person.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »
hey carly, good to see you around :-)

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 09:40:45 pm »
Hey .. funky screen name ...

:-) ..

Assistant ecologist?

Coolness!!

You should come to Australia .. there's some rainforests here .. :-) there's also the great barrier reef!! :-)

I'm a molecular biologist .. and there's quite a few scientists floating around :-) Trish and B to name a few ..

Hope you enjoy your stay and post often :-)

Z

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 02:27:33 am »
Hey Carly!!
Welcome and have fun posting here :)
If you're going, I'll probably meet you at one of the June shows in NYC.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 06:22:27 am »
ello....welcome to the boards

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 12:10:18 pm »
Quote from: "rainforestspirit"
I have been a Nessa fan since I heard the first riff of A thousand miles and my heart skipped a beat! Even though I loved A thousand miles, I didn’t be come a huge fan til Ordinary Day came out.....

Then, I really got hooked when Harmonium came out I have since become very obsessed

yeaaaa your exactly like me!!!!!!!!! isn't Harmonium AMAZING?  now i'm completely obsessed. Welcome to the boards!!!!!!! And I'm just like you in how I've lurked for awhile but now am finally posting! Welcome!

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 12:15:59 pm »
Hey there.   :D
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 02:00:29 pm »
:D Hey Carly, so glad you're posting! It was great meeting you! I'm sure I'll see you again.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

rainforestspirit

• View Profile
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 02:45:29 pm »
Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone!! You are all so nice! I also have to say you all rule! I have gotten so many rare songs from here and it seems like I have many left to go. I had no idea...I really don't know what your source is for all these songs that V has never recorded but thanks!! They rock!!

Quote from: "Will"
Welcome.

I envy you. I still haven't been able to attend a single concert :(. You're a lucky person.

Will, sorry, I hope I didn't sound like I was bragging or anything.  :oops: I know I'm lucky that I have been able to go to so many. I know for sure that is because I currently live in NY. She plays so many shows close to here that it is easy to go to so many. I'm sure when I get to Florida it will be a different story...

rainforestspirit

• View Profile
Hi, I'm a newbie!
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 03:33:06 pm »
YEAH! Another tree hugger!!! (I mean that in the besta way). Any others around here? I'll have to talk to Trish and B too. So you are a molecular biology student? cool, do you know what you want do do afterwards?

And yep, having the title Assistant ecologist is so fun. thanks for noticing. :-) But I am a soon to be grad student in Environmental Science -concentration in Tropical Biological Management so that title is going to go away...But ya never know afterwards. I could be a tropical ecologist which would be my dream.

You are so lucky you get to live in a country of rainforests, coral reefs, the outback..I could go on and on. Be still my beating heart. Yes, I am insane but I am in love with the rainforest  :D . I am going to the Amazon and Galapagos this summer and afterwards Aussie is next on my list! After I save up the money, I am totally there! Okay, so this just gave me an idea and I posted up a poll on what countries have you all been to?
~Carly

Quote from: "HappyZen"
Hey .. funky screen name ...

:-) ..

Assistant ecologist?

Coolness!!

You should come to Australia .. there's some rainforests here .. :-) there's also the great barrier reef!! :-)

I'm a molecular biologist .. and there's quite a few scientists floating around :-) Trish and B to name a few ..

Hope you enjoy your stay and post often :-)

Z