35 (21.5%)
Unsure
11 (6.7%)
Other (anything else?)
3 (1.8%)
Choice has changed since I last answered
1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Sexual Orientation  (Read 56796 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2007, 07:51:38 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
I don't know about other states and citites but here in Los Angeles, California being gay/bisexual/lesbian is NOT a big deal. A met a girl at work who just told me she was a lesbian and I really did not care, and my friend is bisexual! that was such a trip when she told me, as long as she doesn't get frisky when we hit the gym together I really don't mind. She is who she is! Every where I turn there are gay men or lesbian women and people could care less. In high school we had the "Gay Straight Alliance" club and it was one of the BIGGEST in our school and NO ONE CARED that they were gay. come to LA!  :razz:

over here in Illinois suburbia its a little more accepting than in the city well I think I used to live by the city and if you were gay than god help you. But over here its really not all that much of a deal. There are still people that are all omg get away but not as much. At my highschool there is a club like that as well Called Prisim. or something like that. Never went to it because I have only told my close friends about it but not everyone knows about it yet. WHich I am soo dreading oh well.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

V53

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2007, 08:46:59 pm »
Straight guy. I like V's music when I'm in a calm mood. Good stuff.

Quote from: "charmedguy18"
It's because V's music is girly. I hate to say it, but it's very feminine to listen to V, no offense to you straight guys who listen to her. You can be in touch with your fem side and be straight, but most straight guys choose not to be because, god forbid, someone will think they're gay!

Yeah I know. I feel kinda weird liking her music...but I can't change shit. Only reason Im on this forum is cuz online forums are addicting. As hell.

tylor2000

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2007, 09:16:02 am »
Quote from: "V53"
Straight guy. I like V's music when I'm in a calm mood. Good stuff.

It's because V's music is girly. I hate to say it, but it's very feminine to listen to V, no offense to you straight guys who listen to her. You can be in touch with your fem side and be straight, but most straight guys choose not to be because, god forbid, someone will think they're gay!

Yeah I know. I feel kinda weird liking her music...but I can't change shit. Only reason Im on this forum is cuz online forums are addicting. As hell.

People exaggerate alot.  I always turn it around in an aspect that I can relate to.  As far as I'm concerned Vanessa's music if for gulping down large containers of very dark beer, muscle cars, and Half Time football entertainment.  Vanessa just caters to her female and gay fans in large disproportion to her male ones.  It's always been that way.  It's only real men who have the balls to stand up and like something everyone thinks is feminine.  People just like to put limits on themselves and others.  Most importantly others.  Vanessa just happens to be female, so yeah it is feminine.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2007, 09:51:38 am »
It's because V's music is girly. I hate to say it, but it's very feminine to listen to V, no offense to you straight guys who listen to her.

I disagree. Listening to girly music is just about as feminine as me liking pretty girls in girly dresses. One does not have to be especially feminine to like girly things; indeed most "manly" men like girly girls.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2007, 10:40:43 pm »
I agree with Will. I don't think liking any type of music makes you butch, feminine...none of that. Every person has a certain style and taste. I love pop punk/alternative and that doesn't make me out to be more masculine because of it. Music has very very little to do with your femininity or masculinity. Its simply music that you either like or you don't.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2007, 12:15:04 am »
If listening to girly music determined your sexual preference I'd be the biggest queen in L.A. I've never had the desire to be with a dude.

tylor2000

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2007, 12:41:56 am »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not yer parts.  

Unless you are at a bar and about to shack up, in which case you probably can't see straight anyway.  It's probably your parts at that point.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2007, 03:41:48 pm »
Well the act of listening to chick music doesn't make you more feminine, but it does make you seem more feminine to any random ignoramus. If you sing along to the chick music then you seem even more fem. These are just a couple of things I've learned through the ages lol

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2007, 06:34:29 pm »
I'm straight and I make it known that I love V. I don't care what people think about me. I'm not out to impress anybody. People have called me gay for liking her, but hey, i used her music a lot to help me in piano (AND SHE'S FREAKIN' HOT)

tylor2000

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2007, 08:18:14 pm »
I attest that, in person, Vanessa Carlton is one mega hot female.  Not from spending any real amount of time around her, but from standing in line to receive a signature and stuff like that.  She is 10 times more attractive in person than most of the pictures you see of her.  That in itself should attract male fans like flies to fly paper.  And that is NOT gay.  That is the opposite of gay.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2007, 09:40:14 am »
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"
I'm straight and I make it known that I love V. I don't care what people think about me. I'm not out to impress anybody. People have called me gay for liking her, but hey, i used her music a lot to help me in piano (AND SHE'S FREAKIN' HOT)

Amen! The same goes with me too. People think I might be gay because they know I listen to "chick" music. It's just a stupid speculation.

Oh when the Harmonium book came out, I spent most of my free time staring at the cover and the back...  :oops:

EnchantedStevie

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - goldustwmn@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Enchanted968
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - standbackrocks11
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/goldustwmn
    • Email
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2007, 02:47:02 pm »
I am Bi :)

Love~Caitlin

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2007, 07:27:10 pm »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"

Amen! The same goes with me too. People think I might be gay because they know I listen to "chick" music. It's just a stupid speculation.

Oh when the Harmonium book came out, I spent most of my free time staring at the cover and the back...  :oops:

oh man, I know what you mean, when I saw her in that corset thing. i was like :jawdrop:

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2007, 11:25:18 pm »
The picture on her official website before with her sitting and wearing the green dress riding kind of high showing off her legs with a sultry look on her face did it for me. Does anyone else like that one?

tylor2000

• View Profile
Sexual Orientation
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2007, 12:29:36 am »
I think the thing about Vanessa Carlton and pictures is that, photogenically, from picture to picture she can look like a totally different person.  The chameleon effect probably contributed to nobody knowing who she is...well, except for her die hard fans around the world who do know who she is.  

But that can be an advantage too...