I'm totally pro-choice
16 (31.4%)
I'm very against it
12 (23.5%)
it depends on the circumstances
23 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: September 08, 2005, 02:42:53 pm

Author Topic: abortion  (Read 21165 times)

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
abortion
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2006, 06:09:24 pm »
what angers me the most is that the MEN who run this country are trying to take away the right of a WOMAN.

why do THEY have control over OUR bodies?
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
abortion
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2006, 07:04:25 pm »
Quote from: "STARGiRL"
what angers me the most is that the MEN who run this country are trying to take away the right of a WOMAN.

You see a right. I see a child.

Why do you dare to have control over your CHILD'S body?

It's just as easy to go the other way, you know.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
abortion
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2006, 02:32:42 pm »
Quote from: "Will"

But Will, the government that MAKES the laws does not see the fetus as a child. How can they make a law based on flawed and incorrect constitutional statements?

It would be different if the US recognized the fetus as a person, however, it does. In Roe vs. Wade this is stated. Bush has set up a program giving unfortunate soon-to-be mothers the finances to bear a child and to keep the fetus healthy in her womb. Supposedly, the Administration is "concerned" about the health of mothers and their children; however, when the child is born, all financial assistance is taken away.

Why would the leaders of our country take away aids such as that when a woman obviously needs for her child? If they have enough compassion in the beginning and during pregnancy for the child and mother, they care, right? WRONG. It's very simple: America (excuse me, the United States) has become material patrons of egoism. In that sense, we are focused on two sole things: money and power. When you gain power, you gain money, and all Republicans are happy. The majority of Americans originally (when Bush was first elected) based their political opinions on two things: "The War on Terror" (how much bullshit do we deal with daily?) and abortion. Getting "rid" of abortion (that actually means not letting wannabe aristocrats find out about it) with this plan to make sure pregnant women are physically and financially fit to raise a child makes all oblivious, rich men believe that this abortion "epidemic" is coming to an end; our great president is finally finding a solution! Well, he is, except after the child - the child that our leaders care about so very much - is born, they say, FUCK YOU! FUCK YOUR BASTARD CHILD! AND FUCK YOU FOR BEING STUPID AND UNCHRISTIAN-LIKE, UNLIKE JESUS, AND FOR HAVING SEX! (What they don't know is Jesus did have sex.)

It's a subtle way to make everyone believe there's a solution for abortion. Then, because these men from Texas who enjoy shooting each and endangered birds, are voted into office because they've knocked one of the US' most controversial issues out. Then they gain power. And secretly make money. Under the table, always, like college basketball.

The hardest thing a mother ever has to do is give up her child; however, because she is a mother (NOT a father) she does whatever is necessary to protect her child. Men will never understand. Adoption is imagining your child with another family. Abortion is having no other option.

Feel sympathy, not resentment, for the women who have to give up their child because they're stuck and have no other option. Try something new as Americans: have empathy.

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
abortion
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2006, 08:22:04 pm »
Quote from: "Will"

Why do you dare to have control over your CHILD'S body?

It's just as easy to go the other way, you know.

i am sure that is easy for you to say because you will never be pregnant, you will never be raped, you will never be abandoned by a man while pregnant.
a woman has control over her childs body because it is PART of her body until the umbilical cord is cut.
and yes, it does go the other way, but would I ever have known if i was never born?

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
abortion
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2006, 11:36:54 am »
I'm pro-choice...I really don't care because I don't want children anyway, and I'd assume that either my wife would have to agree or one of us would have to compromise, concerning not having children.

I'm sure we're both sick of typing the word rape anyway

I doubt that.

rape rape rape rape rape rape rape
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
abortion
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2006, 07:32:34 pm »
An interesting question: if you believe in the human soul, at which point do you believe this soul enters the body? At birth? I think it is a relevant question...
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
abortion
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2006, 09:02:13 pm »
I am pro-choice, but I think that abortion is an irresponsible decision when the pregnancy is because of volunteer unprotected sex.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
abortion
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2006, 12:47:02 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
An interesting question: if you believe in the human soul, at which point do you believe this soul enters the body? At birth? I think it is a relevant question...

Perhaps it never enters the body.  Maybe it's only watching it, controlling it from afar, but so caught up in it that it's hard to discern the two, much like a virtual reality video game or something that is so easy to get wrapped up in that you have to be peeled away from it to return to the world.
Dustin