Author Topic: latest Vanessa post  (Read 11878 times)

latest Vanessa post
« on: February 25, 2006, 07:40:41 pm »
Wow.  She says the album is already almost done.  I hope she didn't rush it because of the last one was a disappointment commercially and she wants to get her name back out there quickly.

I LOVED the way she and Stephan put together Harmonium and I'm a little skeptical about the whole Linda Perry thing.

Oh well, hopefully I'm just being paranoid.  But I still wish she would have had Stephan produce this album too.  I guess he's got his own shit to work on though.  He can't be just producing records for his girlfriend all the time :)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Re: latest Vanessa post
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 11:41:19 pm »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"
Wow.  She says the album is already almost done.  I hope she didn't rush it because of the last one was a disappointment commercially and she wants to get her name back out there quickly.

I LOVED the way she and Stephan put together Harmonium and I'm a little skeptical about the whole Linda Perry thing.

Oh well, hopefully I'm just being paranoid.  But I still wish she would have had Stephan produce this album too.  I guess he's got his own shit to work on though.  He can't be just producing records for his girlfriend all the time :)

The Linda Perry thing may work out well for her.

I look at it this way, the whole Stevie Nicks thing is probably the best thing that has happened to V's career at this point. The more Vanessa works with people who have been established in the business, the better things hopefully will turn out.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 12:01:05 am »
yes, vanessa is extremely lucky to have someone like stevie nicks behind her.
i loved stephen's production on harmonium, but isn't he still involved with this record too a little bit?   i'm not sure.
anyway can't wait til it comes out!  :D

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 05:45:12 am »
as an artist if you want to grow... you try new things
its the best thing ever for her to work with a different set of ears

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 06:45:19 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
its the best thing ever for her to work with a different set of ears

And eyes  :wink: With V "working on artwork" right now, I can't wait to see how
"being a part of Stevie's world" i.e. Sulamith Wülfing, influences her artwork

Peace

Aaron

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 07:48:49 am »
I gotta say I'm a little worried too!  Linda Perry has worked with alot of bubblegum pop people.  I think the only song that stands out of what I've heard is "All is well", the others don't get me wrong are beautiful but theyre all on the same theme, love, which there's nothing wrong with that but Vanessa always had a way of making songsout of creative topics and I liked that.  

Don't think she would rush her album though, I hope.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 08:18:56 am »
I'm ready for a more commercial album, honestly. I wanna turn on the radio and hear V. I loved Harmonium, but I am really hungry for V having success with an album again. Hearing that it is almost finished makes me really excited. It's been more than a long time since Harmonium was finished, so I don't think she's rushing it.
Joe

latest Vanessa post
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 12:02:03 pm »
Quote from: "Dora"
the others don't get me wrong are beautiful but theyre all on the same theme, love, which there's nothing wrong with that but Vanessa always had a way of making songs out of creative topics and I liked that.  

Don't think she would rush her album though, I hope.

I agree with Dora.  Then again, like the rest of you, I've got a ton of respect for Vanessa and her integrity and I'm not gonna comment on the similar themes (which has kinda worried me too) until I hear the actual album.  Vanessa's range of song themes is one of the major things that seperates her from artists like Michelle Branch (who I also love but is nowhere near the lyricist that Vanessa is) so I'm hoping she has some more edgy and dark songs that she hasn't played live yet.

latest Vanessa post
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 12:22:29 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
I'm ready for a more commercial album, honestly. I wanna turn on the radio and hear V. I loved Harmonium, but I am really hungry for V having success with an album again.

YEAH!!!  And wouldn't it be, like, so totally cool if she made her hair blonde and rapped on some of the songs and did a bunch of comercials and started chewing a lot of bubble-gum and made friends with Hilary Duff and Paris Hilton and dumped Stephan Jenkins for Aaron Carter and moved to Beverly Hills and got rid of Victor and got a poodle and toured with Ashlee Simpson and...:roll:

Seriously, Vanessa is an artist, not a product.

And why does everyone correlate the word "success" to sales and profits instead of quality?  We're talking about music here, not Wall Street.

Harmonium was good, so it was a success.  Ashlee Simpson's 1st album sucked, so it was a failure--I don't care how many gullable teeny-boppers succumbed to marketing and bought the damn record and made radio requests.

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 12:38:47 pm »
I think Stevie Nicks's support of Vanessa is so cool. Nicks is a real artist, and having a real artist recognize another real artist's talent and supporting her can do nothing but good. It proves that V has much more substance than the most popular commercial successes out today.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 12:44:31 pm »
^i completely agree, max, about the definition of success. harmonium is one of my favorite albums, and i'd rather have that album than something that's considered successful by the rest of the world..

stephan is working on this album. he's producing at least a few songs, from skywalker ranch. his band (minus brad) is her backing band (plus brain from gnr). he's definitely still working on the album.

i also think working with linda perry is a good thing, and not only because i love the new songs we've heard. it's definitely a good thing for her to be working with more established people in the bizz (stevie and linda). it makes it more possible for a successful album (using the definition of QUALITY), to be a successful album (using the definition of QUANTITY (sold)).
Samuel
(he/him)

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 01:04:25 pm »
Quote from: "uncertainterms"
^i completely agree, max, about the definition of success. harmonium is one of my favorite albums, and i'd rather have that album than something that's considered successful by the rest of the world..

I'm glad there are still some people out there who can make this distinction.  I was starting to feel lonely. :)

Quote from: "uncertainterms"

stephan is working on this album. he's producing at least a few songs, from skywalker ranch. his band (minus brad) is her backing band (plus brain from gnr). he's definitely still working on the album.

i also think working with linda perry is a good thing, and not only because i love the new songs we've heard. it's definitely a good thing for her to be working with more established people in the bizz (stevie and linda). it makes it more possible for a successful album (using the definition of QUALITY), to be a successful album (using the definition of QUANTITY (sold)).

That all sounds really great.  You've alleviated my paranoia quite a bit.  I wonder if Vanessa will put any "rock" songs on this album?  I think she kicked ass on those rock songs she did live with the Counting Crows.  I think she's got just as good a voice for rock as she does for pop.  She understands the different styles really well and she uses that deeper, more raspy voice on rock songs.  Vanessa rules! 8)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 01:50:25 pm »
i'm glad i could help you out, on both counts. lol.
Samuel
(he/him)

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
latest Vanessa post
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 03:41:54 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
I'm ready for a more commercial album, honestly. I wanna turn on the radio and hear V. I loved Harmonium, but I am really hungry for V having success with an album again.

YEAH!!!  And wouldn't it be, like, so totally cool if she made her hair blonde and rapped on some of the songs and did a bunch of comercials and started chewing a lot of bubble-gum and made friends with Hilary Duff and Paris Hilton and dumped Stephan Jenkins for Aaron Carter and moved to Beverly Hills and got rid of Victor and got a poodle and toured with Ashlee Simpson and...:roll:

Seriously, Vanessa is an artist, not a product.

And why does everyone correlate the word "success" to sales and profits instead of quality?  We're talking about music here, not Wall Street.

Harmonium was good, so it was a success.  Ashlee Simpson's 1st album sucked, so it was a failure--I don't care how many gullable teeny-boppers succumbed to marketing and bought the damn record and made radio requests.

WOW.
i've never laughed out loud at a post on this board before.
hah
amazing
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

LimeTwister

latest Vanessa post
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 04:48:20 pm »
I don't know, I am sure it will be all right...

I don't really enjoy Harmonium, though...so it would be interesting to hear a new direction.  Not that I hate it...but it's really not a stick out album for me.  She has some good songs on it; however,  they don't seem as "deep" as the material on BnN (except songs like "annie").  So, all in all, while they are girl/boyfriend...I am glad she is working with someone besides Stephan.

At the end of the day, Vanessa is still Vanessa...so I am sure she will have to be happy with the product before letting it go.  Linda will pull out a new side, but it'll still be Vanessa.  Nessa won't turn into a Christina Aguilera.