Author Topic: Mandy Moore  (Read 59093 times)

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2007, 09:07:23 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
The strange thing about that is that until just really recently, I didn't know anything after the "shitty" even existed! :o

for me it was the opposite, I'm not familiar with anything done before 'coverage' :razz:

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2007, 08:03:11 am »
Quote from: "clamicas"
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
The strange thing about that is that until just really recently, I didn't know anything after the "shitty" even existed! :o

for me it was the opposite, I'm not familiar with anything done before 'coverage' :razz:

lmao... she has this song called "Crush" that I first heard when I got one of those early Now! CDs...  the lyrics aren't aweful, but the way she sings the song is just so cheesy. but still sometimes fun to listen to for nostalgic purposes.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Mandy Moore
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2007, 09:04:07 am »
I knew about the 'So Real'/'I Wanna Be With You' CDs and then the 'Mandy Moore' CD, but after that, she kinda disappeared.  I was very surprised to find out that she had another album out and another on the way!
Dustin

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2007, 05:50:37 pm »
:roll: after those cds she came back with that movie a walk to remember which was great i think......i think she should stick to acting and forget about the singing....

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Mandy Moore
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2007, 08:01:26 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
didn't she once say something to the effect of - sorry if you bought my albums, I write shitty music - a couple years ago? I saw the quote in newsweek but can't find it.

She was talking about her first album or two...everything before "Coverage."  It's true, her old stuff is really shitty.  But I don't think she wrote any of it.

Shannon's right. Mandy apologized for her first three albums before "Coverage", which she considers shitty. She only wrote one song across the first three albums.

However, she co-wrote her entire new album, which is going to be the shit. No more shitty. It's like folky-pop and I love it. Based on the album sampler from iTunes, the song "Gardenia" is going to be my new favorite song.
Joe

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Mandy Moore
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2007, 09:15:07 pm »
I like all three songs she has up on MySpace right now (All Good Things, Extraordinary, and Nothing That You are).

I think I am going to be looking forward to her album.  8)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Mandy Moore
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2007, 03:17:07 pm »
OK, so her album leaked online recently. I couldn't stand waiting til June 19th and I'm listening to it now. Needless to say I'll be buying at least one copy. Here's what the editorials said:

JANE Magazine
"What a great surprise... Mandy Moore has turned into a sophisticated songwriter whose new sound fits cozily alongside that of Regina Spektor, Fiona Apple and Sarah McLachlan rather than all the pop tarts she used to be compared to... this is music destined for that mood-setting montage during the last 10 minutes of Grey's Anatomy (and yes, that's a great thing)."

BILLBOARD
"Wild Hope" is the gratifying sound of a singer finally finding her comfort zone. Gone is the sugary pop of Moore's early career, replaced instead by thoughtful musings on love and life... an album full of subtle, but undeniable hooks."

James Hunter for ROLLING STONE
"Mandy Moore didn't have to take her music by the scruff of its neck; she could have kept on showing up on time, singing expensive tracks tailored for her by other people. But she knew that wasn't the way of awesomeness. So she locked into her own head and her love of artists such as the Weepies and Rachel Yamagata. This music is the successful sound of Moore's drive to supply something greater than product."

Harp
"Just when you think you have Mandy Moore's number, it turns out she gave us a fake one. Wild Hope is a surprise and a stunner!"

Paste Magazine
"Wild Hope shows impressive range. Here's hoping Mandy Moore's voice stays with us for a long time to come."

God, that's exciting!
Joe

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2007, 03:39:56 pm »
That means I'll buy two! :) Hopefully she'll be doing some signing stuff/shows before then in LA.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2007, 07:23:38 pm »
I've already heard the album, It is sooo good!

Manda

• View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2007, 07:25:16 pm »
I'm jealous! When/Where/How did you get to listen to the new album?

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2007, 07:33:16 pm »
I've sent you a pm

Manda

• View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2007, 08:22:34 pm »
.rar? What type of file is that.  :?: I'm so confused on how to open.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Mandy Moore
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2007, 08:25:12 pm »
I wanna hear!  I wanna hear!!!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2007, 11:47:12 pm »
Ohhh I can't wait to hear the album!!  :)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Mandy Moore
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2007, 11:52:56 pm »
Wow that's awesome news! I can't wait to hear it...

I'm downloading right now from Demonoid.com. even if you're not a member, I believe you are still allowed to download new files. But there are currently only 11 seeds and 5 leechers so my downloads going to take a while unless other people tack on... even isohunt showed only one result with 2 seeds. Where did you get your files clamicas?

I'm not sure how you open a .rar file. I usually avoid those and go straight for the mp3 files when I'm downloading from torrent sites like Demonoid and isohunt... But to open a .torrent you need a program like Azureus (thats what I use because I have a mac) or uTorrent (which is apparently better because of its encryption feature>) Just thought I'd fill you all in on that! Torrent sites are the best for getting albums before they go on sale...

and while we're on the topic... does anybody wanna pm me an invite for oink? Seriously, I've got a pregnant craving for an oink invite.