Author Topic: Vanessa -->V  (Read 16437 times)

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2006, 09:13:27 am »
Well this kind of happened to Jewel. She had her OWN wonderful music, then she went into that weird thing where her song titles were like ....U& Me = love and 2 become 1, some shit like that. And now she came back with what sounds like some of her OWN music. But I dont want this to happen to Vanessa, if her stage name of whatever is V...okay whatever, i just hope she dosnt change her music for anyone else except herself. I just pray to god I dont hear any rap. But all her new songs This Time, All Is Well, PYHOM, The One...and all the other songs people have told us about don't really sound like anyone has changed her. I dunno this is just what I think. I freaked out when I read that article..but i guess Im not going to believe anything like that until I see it...theres too much celeb gossip....90% of it isnt true...so Ill wait until I see
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

Vanessa -->V
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2006, 09:19:15 am »
Quote from: "Emmyspiano"
Well this kind of happened to Jewel. She had her OWN wonderful music, then she went into that weird thing where her song titles were like ....U& Me = love and 2 become 1, some shit like that. And now she came back with what sounds like some of her OWN music. But I dont want this to happen to Vanessa, if her stage name of whatever is V...okay whatever, i just hope she dosnt change her music for anyone else except herself. I just pray to god I dont hear any rap. But all her new songs This Time, All Is Well, PYHOM, The One...and all the other songs people have told us about don't really sound like anyone has changed her. I dunno this is just what I think. I freaked out when I read that article..but i guess Im not going to believe anything like that until I see it...theres too much celeb gossip....90% of it isnt true...so Ill wait until I see

Although the Linda Perry produced song sounds terribly "radio-friendly" and unVanessa-like to me (even if they aren't rap), I like your philosophy.  Hopefully they just promote her the way she's always been promoted and have the confidence that she can move records being herself.  She's done it before.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2006, 10:18:51 am »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
I think you are blowing this out of proportion.

She is changing her title, not her identity!

Bringing Linda Perry in the studio, signing to a rap label and changing her name to "V" is more than a title change.  They and/or she is looking to change her entire target audience, not just admit new members to her current one.  Going by just an initial(s) is a hip-hop thing...that's an identity change, not just a title change.

I totally forgot Linda Perry was involved that's a good sign, I don't really think she will try to change her target audience, it would be too stupid.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 01:06:09 pm »
Some of you need to relax - Vanessa is doing all of this to re-introduce herself to the public.

It's good publicity - her switching to 'The Inc', her changing her title to just V.Carlton, etc...

Let's just wait until we know more until we start going off on one.

marxu

Vanessa -->V
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2006, 01:12:10 pm »
I don't think Vanessa would change her music style...But I hope she won't change her (artist) name. Vanessa Carlton sounds just so perfect.

CtVampSlayer

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CTVampSlayer
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - CTVampSlayer
    • View Profile
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2006, 03:09:06 pm »
Quote from: "joey"

i do not want to see a black guy come in the middle of the song rapping out the bridge while vanessa tries to mouth a few words...

You might want to re-word that...

Anyway, I'm excited.  I like V, and if this helps her career so be it.  Bring on the V.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2006, 03:27:05 pm »
whatever. does it matter what her name is if the music is still good? That's the only thing I'd be worried about.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2006, 03:35:53 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
Some of you need to relax - Vanessa is doing all of this to re-introduce herself to the public.

It's good publicity - her switching to 'The Inc', her changing her title to just V.Carlton, etc...

Let's just wait until we know more until we start going off on one.

I agree... I think this is all just to get V some publicity  :o
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2006, 03:47:02 pm »
*skurred*

But much like Brian said, I abbr artist names like that a lot anyway. But thats only because we all know the context.

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2006, 05:33:11 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"

no, it's not "V. Carlton", it's just "V".

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2006, 05:35:46 pm »
You know what I've been thinking, what if Nessa's always wanted to be called V but the butt holes wouldnt let her?  You never know, it might just be a personal choice on her part and if it is we just have to accept it.

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2006, 05:41:58 pm »
Quote from: "Dora"
You know what I've been thinking, what if Nessa's always wanted to be called V but the butt holes wouldnt let her?  You never know, it might just be a personal choice on her part and if it is we just have to accept it.

It's not just that...it's just that "V" as your...erm...name... doesn't really work too well. It's just a letter.  If you say "Vanessa Carlton", people know who you're talking about.  If you just say "V", then it's like, what?

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2006, 06:15:59 pm »
its simply a name, simply a name

i bet Ja Rule does a single with her...that would be so kick ass

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2006, 06:27:12 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
its simply a name, simply a name

i bet Ja Rule does a single with her...that would be so kick ass

well, I think THAT is precisely what many of us are AFRAID of!

Sure, some people would LOVE it and buy the CD...
but I'd guess that most of those new fans might not like her older material, especially Harmonium... SO would they be fans of Vanessa Carlton the ARTIST or of this cool new star "V", until something newer and cooler comes out? UnfortunatelĂ˝, I'd be inclined to believe the latter.

Maybe you would think it is kick ass, and that's great... but I get the feeling that most of us would loathe it... I would...

This, my friend, is what the term "selling out" refers to!

However, this is all just speculation, and it's probably not the time to panic just yet!  :)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Vanessa -->V
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2006, 09:04:24 pm »
The day Ja and Vanessa do a single, I think after laughing hysterically, I may cry and completely convert to country music.

... okay, maybe not, but it would be funny in that "this is so sad I don't know what else to do but laugh" kind of way.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...