Author Topic: Vanessa's New song HOUSE  (Read 43215 times)

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2006, 04:36:34 pm »
^steve did you try that program I mentioned, yamipod. that is like an alternative for itunes to transfer songs and it should work without the automatic updating with the computer

charmedguy18

Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2006, 04:44:27 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
Quote from: "Ghisy"
This is why I always say iPods suck!  :lol:

iPod is easily one of the best inventions... nothing can compair to it personaly- I just dont know how to use the recorder- I got it earlier that day, and it works different than my other recoder for iPod....

I am going to record me playing it... That is the best thing that I can offer...

k.. i have a question. i don't have an ipod, i have an iriver, so i don't really know how the ipod works with this kind of thing.. but when i record something on my iriver, all i have to do is hook up the USB, go to my computer and open the iriver removable device icon. when i'm in there, i can either go to media or recordings, and then i can just copy what i have recorded, and paste it on my computer. i don't know if something similar is possible with an ipod? but i figured i'd mention it.

yea- the only issue, is I am on a PC so I can not open it on here- it is MAC formatted, but if it was pc formatted I could open it on the mac. Anyways if I open it on another mac it will start to delete my music, and sync with the iTunes list on that computer, and I am affraid of loosing all the music- It is a setting on it.. I loved my iRIVER- But I did not like how I could not look at the music when I was in a song- I had a really ncie one before my new iPod- It recorded audio, and video but the audio came out really bad like the audio I made of the Verona concert.. you can barely hear it when speakers are on full...

I have a question. Respectfully.

When you hook it in to your pc, does a new drive come up? If so, you can find the music file if you go to [driveletter]:\iPod_Control\Music and search through there and see if you can find it. =]

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2006, 12:29:10 am »
iPod is easily one of the best inventions... nothing can compair to it personaly

*ahem*
You obviously haven't looked around for something better ;)
I have a Cowon iAudio X5L and this thing is the bomb! Sound quality is far superior than the iPod's and it is full UMS (= meaning it's recognized as a hard drive by your OS and you can just drag and drop your music in it).
I would suggest you try one but they're pretty hard to find, sadly.
I think iTunes + iPod is teh l00se personally: too restricting and sound quality is okay but not that good.
But it's me, I'm very picky when it comes to audio quality. :P
Ooops, sorry, didn't mean to turn this in an mp3 players' comparison.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2006, 08:59:29 am »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"

iPod is easily one of the best inventions... nothing can compair to it personaly- I just dont know how to use the recorder- I got it earlier that day, and it works different than my other recoder for iPod....

I am going to record me playing it... That is the best thing that I can offer...

k.. i have a question. i don't have an ipod, i have an iriver, so i don't really know how the ipod works with this kind of thing.. but when i record something on my iriver, all i have to do is hook up the USB, go to my computer and open the iriver removable device icon. when i'm in there, i can either go to media or recordings, and then i can just copy what i have recorded, and paste it on my computer. i don't know if something similar is possible with an ipod? but i figured i'd mention it.

yea- the only issue, is I am on a PC so I can not open it on here- it is MAC formatted, but if it was pc formatted I could open it on the mac. Anyways if I open it on another mac it will start to delete my music, and sync with the iTunes list on that computer, and I am affraid of loosing all the music- It is a setting on it.. I loved my iRIVER- But I did not like how I could not look at the music when I was in a song- I had a really ncie one before my new iPod- It recorded audio, and video but the audio came out really bad like the audio I made of the Verona concert.. you can barely hear it when speakers are on full...

When you hook it in to your pc, does a new drive come up? If so, you can find the music file if you go to [driveletter]:\iPod_Control\Music and search through there and see if you can find it. =]

It comes up, and wants to format the drive to be able to use. If I did go through music the files a renamed into files that are F 1-whatever, then the music files are changed into numbers like I remember that ATM was like 862693 ( almost my phone number) That was on my other iPod that is formated for Microsoft
Peace
Steve
Peace
-S

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2006, 09:10:14 am »
iPod is easily one of the best inventions... nothing can compair to it personaly

*ahem*
You obviously haven't looked around for something better ;)
I have a Cowon iAudio X5L and this thing is the bomb! Sound quality is far superior than the iPod's and it is full UMS (= meaning it's recognized as a hard drive by your OS and you can just drag and drop your music in it).
I would suggest you try one but they're pretty hard to find, sadly.
I think iTunes + iPod is teh l00se personally: too restricting and sound quality is okay but not that good.
But it's me, I'm very picky when it comes to audio quality. :P
Ooops, sorry, didn't mean to turn this in an mp3 players' comparison.

I kknow someone that has that. I personaly dont like the shape, and controls.  also don't like how cramped the screens are on it. But is DOES have nice audio-I do know what you mean, and the picture is decent-but at that size, I don't like to watch things that small... even on the iPod.

Oh yea I also dont prefer the power supply- I love my USB
Peace
-S

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2006, 03:34:21 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"

And that will be awesome to hear... I know that I'd rather hear a not so high quality House than not here the song at all  :D

you know I mean like me playing the piano, right?

You're going to sing along right... :lol:
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

charmedguy18

Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2006, 08:11:11 pm »

It comes up, and wants to format the drive to be able to use. If I did go through music the files a renamed into files that are F 1-whatever, then the music files are changed into numbers like I remember that ATM was like 862693 ( almost my phone number) That was on my other iPod that is formated for Microsoft
Peace
Steve

Damn. Yeah, I was thinking you could use search or soemthing for the artist or something but since it won't even let you look at the HD on it, I guess the piano thing or finding a mac somewhere are the best options.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2006, 12:36:50 am »
seriously...

all you need is a minijack to minijack cable, connect it to the headphone jack on the iPod and the mic jack on the PC and record into one of the many programs available for a PC... coolwave or audition is what i usually use i guess.  I don't have the audition installer with me this week but i'm sure windows PCs come with something for recording audio or there might be freeware.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

charmedguy18

Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2006, 08:34:30 am »
Quote from: "kaysha"
seriously...

all you need is a minijack to minijack cable, connect it to the headphone jack on the iPod and the mic jack on the PC and record into one of the many programs available for a PC... coolwave or audition is what i usually use i guess.  I don't have the audition installer with me this week but i'm sure windows PCs come with something for recording audio or there might be freeware.

-katia

Or Audacity. I use that.

Laura

• View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2006, 05:32:00 pm »
guess we'll just have to be patient to hear this song when the new album comes out or when/if someone else records it. plus we gotta have some surprises, just look at it that way.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2006, 09:22:09 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
guess we'll just have to be patient to hear this song when the new album comes out or when/if someone else records it. plus we gotta have some surprises, just look at it that way.

I guess you're right.... but I have a feeling that there will be enough surprises for us already  :)
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2006, 01:35:17 am »
seriously...

-katia

Or Audacity. I use that.
good point, audacity is good as well.

steve, if you're serious about wanting to get it on your computer and to share it PM me your address and i'll ship you a mini jack cable and a CD with an application that can record ...

(if no one can tell, i've sorta lost my patience with this whole thread :) )
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2006, 04:35:19 am »
^^ Dang, this MUST be serious then! 8O

I can't wait to hear this song. Sounds like it'll be great (as per).

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2006, 07:14:42 am »

lol, I think everyone has. :lol:

charmedguy18

Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2006, 10:20:36 am »
Quote from: "clamicas"

lol, I think everyone has. :lol:

Tru dat.