Author Topic: Heroes And Thieves - Live Video!  (Read 20581 times)

ThomasEj

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Heroes And Thieves - Live Video!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 05:19:59 am »
the crowd was terrible. she had to endure it.....
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2006, 05:30:18 am »
what a beautiful song  :D thank you so much!
the audio quality is excellent.
SHE SOUNDS SO GOOD! I'm getting more and more excited as the video goes on, lol.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Vanity

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2006, 07:48:24 am »
*Bows in awe*

Thank you so much for posting. And great quality, by the way.
The song suddenly grew a lot on me :D

Stay crunchy, even in milk...
- Joss Whedon

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 06:26:51 pm »
oh my god this song is gorgeous. if the quality isn't great, i find it really hard to get into most songs, but the quality of this is fantastic. oh my god, i'm really really liking this song. chills, dude. :D the high parts are beautiful.

i really hope that this album is everything we hope for.
Samuel
(he/him)

jsbachsonata

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - jsbach_sonata@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jsbachsonata
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 01:27:35 am »
high parts are good. I love the leap but the inward resolutions are icky... I especially dislike the compound meter *blech* I wish vanessa would stop using it please!! So far I have been underwhelmed with vanessa's new/ simpler/ and cutesy sound. Harmonies are so conventional and worn out... I wish she would try some other chords besides her diatonic ones or use some more passing modulations. I can't stand the cuteness of Vanessa's music anymore.. It sounds too much like music for kids or something.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 06:46:56 am »
I guess she can't please everybody.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 07:29:34 am »
Quote from: "jsbachsonata"
So far I have been underwhelmed with vanessa's new/ simpler/ and cutesy sound. Harmonies are so conventional and worn out... I wish she would try some other chords besides her diatonic ones or use some more passing modulations. I can't stand the cuteness of Vanessa's music anymore.. It sounds too much like music for kids or something.

I'd have to disagree.... :?
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 02:12:08 pm »
high parts are good. I love the leap but the inward resolutions are icky... I especially dislike the compound meter *blech* I wish vanessa would stop using it please!! So far I have been underwhelmed with vanessa's new/ simpler/ and cutesy sound. Harmonies are so conventional and worn out... I wish she would try some other chords besides her diatonic ones or use some more passing modulations. I can't stand the cuteness of Vanessa's music anymore.. It sounds too much like music for kids or something.

no.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Huh?
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 06:54:28 pm »
I think that her new stuff is amazing, it IS cute and I love it for that!  Her songs have all been really good, and I have loved one after another, so i don't know what your talking about, her music is not conventional, look at "She Floats" and "The Wreckage"....V is just simply amazing!

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 08:38:23 pm »
I luv ya! Thanks so much for posting!
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2006, 02:47:41 pm »

I agree. That's why I've learned most of her songs by ear and didn't bother printing out all of the sheet music. [Well, at least it saved me money and limits on my CopiServ card.] I can't tell you how many songs that I've learned most of by ear b/c of the repetative chords. To make it sound not so boring, I have to throw in variations. As a result, I don't really play any of Van's songs exactly like her [not that I have a problem with that, but anyway...]. Moreover, V also tends to have certain keys that she plays in.

No only do Van's simple, repetative melodies are repetative and simple, her lyrics and vocal hooks are, too. Private Radio [especially the live version in the new lyrics in the bridge], Annie, Twilight, Pretty Baby, She Floats, Papa, ATM, Rinse, All I Ask, and many others have juvenille lyrics and vocal hooks. Her live version of 'The Star Spangled Banner' is defenitely No. 1 on the list; it sounds more like a 7-year-old singing than an adult. She could've sang it better than that. I've heard her do BETTER than that. Bottom line, her voice is more capable than that; I've heard it with my own ears. Many of her songs sound like something a child would write and compose. That's why I prefer learning Alicia Keys' stuff better; it's more challenging and mature and the chords and piano riffs are a little more spontaneous. It's great to be in touch with your inner child, but it comes a time to grow up, no offense.

Elicia

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2006, 03:30:55 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaPiana"

I agree. That's why I've learned most of her songs by ear and didn't bother printing out all of the sheet music. [Well, at least it saved me money and limits on my CopiServ card.] I can't tell you how many songs that I've learned most of by ear b/c of the repetative chords. To make it sound not so boring, I have to throw in variations. As a result, I don't really play any of Van's songs exactly like her [not that I have a problem with that, but anyway...]. Moreover, V also tends to have certain keys that she plays in.

No only do Van's simple, repetative melodies are repetative and simple, her lyrics and vocal hooks are, too. Private Radio [especially the live version in the new lyrics in the bridge], Annie, Twilight, Pretty Baby, She Floats, Papa, ATM, Rinse, All I Ask, and many others have juvenille lyrics and vocal hooks. Her live version of 'The Star Spangled Banner' is defenitely No. 1 on the list; it sounds more like a 7-year-old singing than an adult. She could've sang it better than that. I've heard her do BETTER than that. Bottom line, her voice is more capable than that; I've heard it with my own ears. Many of her songs sound like something a child would write and compose. That's why I prefer learning Alicia Keys' stuff better; it's more challenging and mature and the chords and piano riffs are a little more spontaneous. It's great to be in touch with your inner child, but it comes a time to grow up, no offense.

Elicia

Again... I'd have to disagree... and if you know a child that can write songs as good as V then maybe you should start showing them to some labels... she does sound young sometimes but to say that she sounds like a 7 year-old.... this must be the "ridicule good music" thread  :roll:
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2006, 04:05:28 pm »
It's hard for her to not sound like a child ... it's her voice.  I personally like it & I think no matter what kind of song she's singing, it's going to sound like that.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2006, 10:22:01 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaPiana"

Elicia

k.. so apparently you don't even like her. so 1. why are you here. 2. why is your handle based on music you don't like very much.

:roll:
Samuel
(he/him)

bluebutterfly

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 12:14:11 am »
I'm not a huge fan of the song.  It's pretty, but it doesn't overly appeal to me. *shrugs*