Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale-First single??  (Read 171242 times)

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nolita Fairytale-First single??
« Reply #300 on: June 12, 2007, 07:18:41 pm »
Quote from: "Jessica"
i'm really trying to like it.
but i just don't.

its like it came from a children's cd or something.

that is exataly what I thought!
Peace
-S

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2007, 09:52:25 pm »
I think all the hoopla in regards to the little "Hey!" at the end of the song is pretty moronic. Avril Lavigne doesn't have a copyright to the word hey or the usage of it in songs. GOD FORBID VANESSA USES IT. Get over yourselves, seriously.

And comparing Nolita Fairytale to a childrens song is a pretty bad analogy, if some of you guys are going to express your distaste for the song I'm sure you can manage better than that. lol :P

And I've heard of nothing but positive feedback in regards to the song from people I know, and the majority of my friends dislike Vanessa, but have taken to this song. So I think it's an awesome choice for a lead single.

You guys need to remember that she's releasing this song to reach out to people who aren't already fans of hers and reconnect with those who haven't been keeping up with her, so if it's not your cup of tea, hey, you're already a fan. This is Vanessa's comeback, she's not catering to us Nessaholics at the moment at all. It's not about what we want, as much as we'd like it to be.  :lol:

Edit -

So, um... is ATR going to attempt to do a new project based on Nolita Fairytale? Like the Building White Houses project? Just curious. Now's the time to brain storm. With the help of places like MySpace and Facebook we could easily reach a lot of people this time around.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2007, 10:20:48 pm »
This is a total long shot, but was this song inspired partially by Haydn's Symphony No. 58 in F major, Hob.I:58 - III. Menuet alla zoppa: Un poco allegretto?

Just figured I'd drop that for the hell of it.  Dismissal is expected.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2007, 10:26:04 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
This is a total long shot, but was this song inspired partially by Haydn's Symphony No. 58 in F major, Hob.I:58 - III. Menuet alla zoppa: Un poco allegretto?

Possibly, I'm not familiar with the song you mentioned, but Vanessa once described her writing method and says she finds phrases in classical music that she really likes and then embelishes on them and molds them into her own little pieces of work.

I do the same thing too sometimes, I'll hear a phrase or a bar in some piece that I really like and I'll steal it and change it and flip it around until it takes a life of its own and becomes a full fledged song.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #304 on: June 13, 2007, 02:30:57 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"

It might help if you were to send me an MP3 of the piece in question. :D
Dustin

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 13, 2007, 06:13:38 am »
I LOVE the song more and more everytime that I listen to it.

And I hate it when a few people here who are supposed to be Vanessa's fans say that her songs are childish....

marxu

« Reply #306 on: June 13, 2007, 07:01:35 am »
Quote from: "Imaginary Ocean"

And I hate it when a few people here who are supposed to be Vanessa's fans say that her songs are childish....

aww, too bad! And I hate it when some people can't accept the fact that people have different opinions..

Anyway..I like this song, but it's not my favourite song of hers.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 13, 2007, 07:26:35 am »
mmhmm same here most of my friends minus like 2 never realyl liked Vanessa but when I play Nolita Fairytale for them they like go all gaga over it and they love it so thats a great thing. I love the song as well I go running and thats the first song I play.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 13, 2007, 08:40:07 am »

it's really sad when some people can't disagree with what an artist does, for the good or bad. have your own opinion. the rest of us do. not everything vanessa does is perfect. that's great if you like the song, but fans are allowed to dissent. it's bullshit when you pull out the "well if you were a real fan, you would like this." it's ridiculous. go listen to the song and mind your own business.
Samuel
(he/him)

Pyro

• AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2007, 09:12:30 am »
I like the song and I like the "Hey!" When she says it, I picture her in NoLIta saying hi to a neighbor. It's friendly and fits the song.

I think I can understand where the "childish" comments come from, because her chords and rhythms are often pretty simplistic and harmonically bright, but I think Nessa deliberately puts some of her music to wistful, light music for juxtaposition. I often find her lyrics to be very mature. And even if this song is not very complex, I still enjoy the pleasant, "fairytale" feel.

Quote from: "HarmySandwhich"
Quote from: "Pyro"
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get her new album in the Spring like we originally thought, but we Nessaholics are patient. I can certainly wait a few more months.

:lol:

I'm not sure about that statement but I know for sure we'll all wait, no matter how long, until it comes out.
Lol, maybe I should instead say that patience is a virtue for Nessaholics. Individually, we have it in varying degrees, but I think the fact that we stick around and are so dedicated to V even through the long periods between her album releases shows some sort of patience. :)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 13, 2007, 11:08:19 am »
Meh. I'm at work and I can't hear the music that well. I can hear the piano riff and her voice the clearest. Umm, honestly, I dont' like it and if it grows on me it will only be out of it's catchiness. Her voice is starting to annoy me. I wish she would soften it out sometimes and try to sound a little bit more polished and grown up. I like the raw childlike sound sometimes, but she is almost 27 and sounds 14 still. I just wanna go in there and soften the vocals out and ask her to hold a few notes out, just for a couple more seconds. Idk.... not my favorite =\ Who knows what I will think after a few more listens though.

Imaginary Ocean

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2007, 12:08:28 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"

it's really sad when some people can't disagree with what an artist does, for the good or bad. have your own opinion. the rest of us do. not everything vanessa does is perfect. that's great if you like the song, but fans are allowed to dissent. it's bullshit when you pull out the "well if you were a real fan, you would like this." it's ridiculous. go listen to the song and mind your own business.

I'm okay when someone says that he/she THINKS that a song is childish/bad or whatever.. but who are you to say that this song is BAD.. you can give your opinion that's great but not judge as you were the only one.

reveng_desire

• MSN Messenger - sammy0190@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpiratiesAnon
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - reveng_desire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2007, 06:03:52 pm »
Oh, man. I think Vanessa Carlton is starting World War III with this new single. XD
Do You Notice How Many Lonely Hearts Are LUNATICS Out There??

mellsbells12

• AOL Instant Messenger - luvabugg12
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2007, 07:55:13 pm »
i'm obsessed.

thats all i have to say..i've listened to it for days now without saying anything and its like all her other songs for me..i can just keep listening without any need to stop.

i think its a great way of expressing herself and its a REALLY great sound overall..i can hear it on certain stations around me, no doubt.

soooo excited for july 17th<3

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: June 13, 2007, 08:58:08 pm »
I like it.  Does it blow me out of my Crocs?  no.  Does it suck?  Absolutely not.  the bridge = gold.  My favorite part of the song.  I like Heroes and Thieves better, IMHO.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach