Author Topic: School dress codes  (Read 16691 times)

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:38:26 pm »
Okay, does anyone else have ridiculous school dress codes?  Not uniforms, but dress codes.

This year, it's being enforced that girls must wear collared or crew-neck shirts only (NO boatnecks, either).  If collarbone is exposed, you will be "written up".

If you wear a collared shirt, it can only be unbuttoned two buttons at most.  

All shirts must cover your beltloops or a belt must be worn.  If the lenght of your t-shirt goes past your wrists, you have to tuck in your shirt.

Shorts must be 4 inches above the knee.  Dresss and skirts must be 2 inches above the knee.

No sunglasses on campus, including the parking lot (I don't know how they would be able to know if we wore sunglasses driving to school, which we should to protect our eyes anyway.)

No hats, bandanas, or "head paraphinalia (sp?)."

It's only the fourth year that our school has existed and I think our dress code is getting out of control.  I really think we should just get uniforms because it's so much easier for everybody, and it's a lot cheaper.  That way kids don't have to have a separate "school wardrobe" and "weekend wardrobe."  

Anyone else have problems like this?
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:49:24 pm »
Sounds like your school got taken over by an elementary or middle school principal.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:14:37 pm »
Quote from: "Will"
Sounds like your school got taken over by an elementary or middle school principal.

Mother of elementary school children.

Everyone hates this woman; the parents and the staff.  There's rumors that she's been in an issue of Hustler years ago :lol:  I'm not buying that at all.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: School dress codes
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:57:38 am »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
Okay, does anyone else have ridiculous school dress codes?  Not uniforms, but dress codes.

This year, it's being enforced that girls must wear collared or crew-neck shirts only (NO boatnecks, either).  If collarbone is exposed, you will be "written up".

If you wear a collared shirt, it can only be unbuttoned two buttons at most.  

All shirts must cover your beltloops or a belt must be worn.  If the lenght of your t-shirt goes past your wrists, you have to tuck in your shirt.

Shorts must be 4 inches above the knee.  Dresss and skirts must be 2 inches above the knee.

No sunglasses on campus, including the parking lot (I don't know how they would be able to know if we wore sunglasses driving to school, which we should to protect our eyes anyway.)

No hats, bandanas, or "head paraphinalia (sp?)."

It's only the fourth year that our school has existed and I think our dress code is getting out of control.  I really think we should just get uniforms because it's so much easier for everybody, and it's a lot cheaper.  That way kids don't have to have a separate "school wardrobe" and "weekend wardrobe."  

Anyone else have problems like this?

OMG. Scream, run, and never look back.

LimeTwister

School dress codes
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 05:34:22 am »
yeahhhhhhhhh,

if no one does that...then it can't really be enforced.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
School dress codes
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 06:04:09 am »
I don't know.  Sounds fine to me.  It's pretty loose considering what the dress code was at my HS.

Long sleeve button up shift, tie, belt, dress shoes.  Jacket or Sweater in the winter.  Dress pants.

No hair touching your collar, must be clean shaven and must meet the general standards of the dean.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 06:23:03 am »
We don't have that problem at my school. You can dress like a sl*t and it's fine. Well, just don't show too much.  :)

It's kind of sad to tell you the truth... they don't really enforce the dress code.

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 06:57:11 am »
Ours is strict. We have to wear our top buttons done up with a tie. Its choking  :(

equeen1022

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 08:06:49 am »
This is going to be my senior year and the first year ever that our school has resulted to wearing uniforms!
I am not happy with it. I feel that you should be able to express yourself freely and one of the ways in doing that is to dress independently. I feel as if we're being categorized into one group and I like to be looked at as an individual.
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 08:09:48 am »
well we don't wear uniforms. We still have a dress code but nothing to extreme you just cant show up all sluty or all whatever but I never really hear anything of like the way to dress for school at my school.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
School dress codes
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 09:17:01 am »
rawr. like whoa. =/ i don't believe we have a dress code. it's like... "use common sense." and i think the only thing mandated is ... shoes. o_o;; i mean, i've seen the swim team guys hanging around shirtless during school hours. not by the pool, either. mmm. and when halloween rolls around- some of the costumes are very blush-worthy.
formerly fish_for__stars.

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 10:26:42 pm »
To the OP - this is a public school? If so, then holy crap.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 07:01:11 am »
Quote from: "MyMelody"
To the OP - this is a public school? If so, then holy crap.

My thoughts exactly, and yes, it is.

Journey_to

• View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 07:27:23 am »
ugh..I go to a private school and we barely have a dress code..

Star7

• View Profile
    • Email
School dress codes
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 10:23:37 am »
i go to a public school and we have a dress code
you can only wear collared shirts that are solid and black brown or gray pants / shorts/ or skirts knee length only and a seperate gym uniform
black or brown shoes and solid white black or gray tennis shoes and your shirt must be tucked in at all times :cry: i hate it