Author Topic: ingrid michaelson  (Read 11775 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
ingrid michaelson
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:28:39 pm »
i searched & saw a thread with the name ingrid from like 2004, but there was no last name in the thread so i dunno if it's the same ingrid. if it is, sorry.

anyways. i can't stand her single "the way i am" cuz it's so overplayed, BUT one of my favorite radio stations was pimping her out like crazy one week so i finally decided to check out her cd cuz i was dying for some new music & thought i would give her a chance. & i'm soo glad i did cuz i like every song on the cd besides the single haha.

piano fans should check out "corner of your heart". a lot of her music is piano driven & very unique.

unfortunately her myspace was hacked & deleted the other week, but check out her official site here: http://www.ingridmichaelson.com/

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
ingrid michaelson
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:56:37 pm »
she opened for vanessa in cityplace west balm beach florida. I'm sick at myself for not videotaping some of her because she was awesome. She inspired me to buy a Ukulele because she had one that she played. Her voice is excellent too.
So her single is being overplayed?? well at least it is somewhere, not in my town for sure.

Laura

• View Profile
ingrid michaelson
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:35:07 pm »
oh wow i didn't know she opened for V. very cool.

& yeah it's almost as overplayed as the frays "how to save a life" & daughtrys "home". i've heard both of those songs on like 3 stations at once & sometimes hear them on 2 stations at once now, & ingrids song is getting there lol. i wanna scream everytime i hear the first two songs..hopefully they will cool it with ingrids song in a while.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
ingrid michaelson
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 06:12:20 am »
I love Ingrid.  One of my favorites as of late.  Boys & Girls is a really great album :)
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
ingrid michaelson
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 03:08:56 pm »
I think her single is really cute personally. Yeah it is overplayed, but it's unique and sweet. Her voice is very very pretty, I think. Very clear & melodic.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
ingrid michaelson
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 08:36:39 am »
I have seen her twice now. I must admit the first time I saw her I didn't like it at all. This time it was a little longer and it was okay. She's funny but does some lame stuff like Fresh Prince song which of course most people loved. Okay, maybe I was signing too.  :oops: Breakable has made it's way to tv and the other song (I can never remember the name) is good too.

*edit*
This is the song I am talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgjoNHMh4CM  you can search through the rest of my friend's videos if you want. I think she got the entire show.

Laura

• View Profile
ingrid michaelson
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 04:27:20 pm »
^yeah the way i am is her single. it's getting way too overplayed, so i deleted that song from my itunes. only one of the songs i don't like.

edwinc1017

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/edwinc100
ingrid michaelson
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 05:02:57 am »
I met Ingrid when she opened for Vanessa. She is a very sweet girl and the concert was amazing

silenceisasong

• View Profile
Ingrid Michaelson
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 07:41:25 pm »
Have any of you guys heard of her? She's amazing. Reminds me a little bit of Vanessa, but not too much. Her first cd "Girls and Boys" is great, and her second cd "Be OK" was just released yesterday. Check her out!
The only one I come undone for is you...

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
ingrid michaelson
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 05:03:30 am »
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Re: ingrid michaelson
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 05:13:41 pm »
I've been on a pretty big Ingrid Michaelson kick lately. I randomly decided to check out her music because I saw she was coming to play here back at the end of October. I've grown to really like her music. When I saw her I found that Ingrid is very quirky with her stage presence but she is very funny. Her banter with the crowd was very amusing, especially this one during The Hat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twernoKd7Qk). The best part about the video is there was an 11-year old in the crowd so Ingrid tried to censor everything she said, which only made her stories funnier.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

nessafan_sa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 05:30:53 am »
I love her! only recently i've been really into her, but she's really good :)

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 03:33:12 pm »
I have to agree she's pretty good. I need to listen to more of her songs :P

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 08:05:16 am »
I like her songs. My favorite song by her is The Chain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-8LctWclW4

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 04:43:08 pm »
Ingrid has a new album coming out in 6 days! Look out for "Human Again". The first single off it is "Ghost". Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwwLohz2Uq8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL