Author Topic: 07/30/08: Irving Plaza NYC (review)  (Read 22748 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
07/30/08: Irving Plaza NYC (review)
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2008, 05:08:25 pm »
Photobucket lets you update videos too.

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 03:55:21 am »
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
whitehouses81680 - that's really fucking harsh. why would you say shit like that? what if she reads it? she already feels like no one cares.

o-m-g, that-is-the-stupidest-and-LAMEST-thing-I-have-EVER-read-IN-my-life.
WHAT IF SHE READS IT !!!!! you are joking, right?

SO we basically can not state a TRUE fact just because it relates to our favorite singer and idol?!
we can not say that Vanessa sang badly because it makes her sad??
we can not help our idol to realize that she was bad so that she could improve later??
SO YOU LET HER BELIEVE THAT SHE IS super ALL THE TIME?

SHE ALREADY FEELS LIKE NO ONE CARES
how the hell do you know that? and EXCUSE ME, IM THE ONE WHO HAS BEEN FEELING CHEATED SINCE LAST YEAR BECAUSE VANESSA CARLTON (my fucking idol) DOESN'T GIVE A FUCKING DAMN CARE ABOUT HER FANS.

I don't know whitehouses81680 or anyone else that posted in this thread.
but all those who bashed whitehouses81680 JUST because he/she gave a damn true review, ok, lets say, his/her opinion MADE ME EXTREMELY MAD.
It wasn't like all whitehouses81680 said was "Vanessa was FUCKING BAD, Vanessa was FUCKING COLD" blah blah. He/she did praised Vanessa for some parts. and ILOVEHANSON thought that was FUCKING HARSH???!!! fuck you, ILOVEHANSON.

I know This is all the matter of OPINION. but sometimes Vanessa is OBVIOUSLY not that good, well, lets say, fucking bad and what really annoys me (FOR A LONG LONG LONG time) is some NESSAHOLICS just couldnt accept the fact and admire Vanessa as a GOD.

I swear to GOD if I ever have the chance to see Vanessa, the first thing I will say is "You have one of the most devoted and BLIND fanbase, you should be graceful and ashamed at the same time" (well, if she EVER cares about her fans anymore)

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 06:24:47 am »
HAHA. woah. chillax dude.

she can have her own opinion of the show. i never said she couldn't. vanessa didn't hit some of the notes... i even said so myself. but saying she belongs in a kareoke bar was fucking UNCALLED FOR. and when you post shit like that on a board full of people who don't feel that way, expect that type of reaction.

and yeah, i do think she feels like no cares. she has told me before. she thanks me for coming every time... i know she appreciates her fans. and when people were shouting out requests in philly, she said "i can't believe anyone here actually knows my songs." yeah.

i don't worship the girl. i think she's amazing... but if you people think she sucks so bad, why are you even here?
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

charmed23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 10:48:36 am »
again, why does she feel like no one care? Next time you see her, please tell her to sign in her own board or this forum to see she is HELL wrong.

Vanessa is sometimes bad but I still love her the most and that's why I'm here.

and this thread has a lot of swearing, haha

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 11:15:13 am »
she has told me before! a group of us went to her show in millersville where she opened for lifehouse, and we were going nuts for her, screaming "you're amazing!" and stuff like that after every song. and after the show i asked her if she thought it was annoying and she said "no, thank you so much, i always feel like no one cares. after every song i wonder if i'm going to hear applause or not." or something to that affect.

can you blame the girl? clearly the people working for her don't believe in her enough. and as a group of people who DO believe in her, i think we should make her feel loved... and that doesn't include saying terrible things about her on a public message board.

sorry, i care. i don't want her to give up. it breaks my heart to know she almost gave up before stevie came along.
*Nicole*

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 12:55:28 pm »
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
sorry, i care. i don't want her to give up. it breaks my heart to know she almost gave up before stevie came along.

I just wanted to say that I TOTALLY second that.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 04:09:06 pm »
Chill out on the drama, peeps.  8)

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but at the same time lets keep the bashing to a minimum.  :thumbsup:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 04:11:17 pm »
i think this is why the new official boards hate us. heh.
formerly fish_for__stars.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 04:14:04 pm »
Now with the mod hat off, what is it that V did to make you feel so cheated, charmed23?

Personally, the way I think of artists, athletes, etc. is that even if I am a fan of them, they don't necessarily owe me anything for my fansmanship. If they are nice to me when I happen to meet them, great. If not, well that's just their perogative.

I do know from personal experience though that V does appreciate and care about her fans. She's not always overboard in showing it, but she does.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 04:14:33 pm »
Quote from: "fish_for__stars"
i think this is why the new official boards hate us. heh.

The O-Board always hated us, so that's not a news flash.  :lol:

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 04:43:46 pm »
I'm a member there, I don't hate you all here [obviously cause I post here] i just don't like all the drama. :D this is a great forum.

charmed23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 07:26:34 pm »
Quote from: "B"
Now with the mod hat off, what is it that V did to make you feel so cheated, charmed23?

Personally, the way I think of artists, athletes, etc. is that even if I am a fan of them, they don't necessarily owe me anything for my fansmanship. If they are nice to me when I happen to meet them, great. If not, well that's just their perogative.

I do know from personal experience though that V does appreciate and care about her fans. She's not always overboard in showing it, but she does.

I had a thread at the General section screaming my frustration months ago  :wink:

yea, you are right. It is Vanessa's prerogative. Although I wish she would post again, like the old times.

and what's up with the hate-love with O-Boards? what happened?

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 07:42:38 pm »
I think it's wrong that you would quote Vanessa in a situation that isn't direct with the one in question...which shouldn't be a situation at all.  Reviews.  Can go two different ways, well three...good, bad, and somewhere in between.  I don't think anyone said anything wrong, they gave a PERSONAL review...it wasn't printed in a magazine, it wasn't thrown in anyones face....It was clearly a personal review that you blew out of proportion simply because it wasn't putting Vanessa on this perfect pedistal that alot of you people put her on, which don't get me wrong...shes great.  Vanessa is an amazing performer, we've all been to AMAZING shows, and we've all been to less-amazing shows...but in the end we are all still here supporting, listening, going to the shows, buying the merch, spreading the "Vord";)....Vanessa knows who the fans are.... Just because someone typed up a mediocre review doesn't make them any less a Vanessa fan than they were before.......

...the whole thing seems like a cock fight too me.

Just love the music and hush!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 08:09:30 pm »
yeah, i don't think saying she belongs in a kareoke bar is part of a "personal review" of the show. she's degrading vanessa's credibility as a musician/performer... and that's bullshit. it's just mean and uncalled for. it didn't have anything to do with reviewing the show... it was a personal attack. it pissed me off, and when i'm pissed off i speak my mind. i'm allowed to be pissed off. get over it. clearly whitehouses is not here to defend herself, and i'm tired of arguing about this.
*Nicole*

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 09:40:04 pm »
Here is what whitehouses said:

Quote from: "whitehouses81680"

At the end of the night, my friend told me that Vanessa should be performing at Karaoke bars- and the way that vanessa is going I'm starting to believe she's right.

It was her friend and whitehouses81680 may soon start to believe it.

And yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions. If you read all the reviews, everyone mentioned it wasn't the best. Just let's try and remember to respect them or at least say you don't agree in a respectful way instead of all the f you's. Yeah?!