Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 341359 times)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New album will be called "Rabbits on the Run"
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 08:28:52 am »
Ok... TOTAL Lolz at the Rabids on the Run comment.

She mentioned something about "mind floating and time slipping". The rabbit running in a hurry is the first of the "weird" happenings in the story. Its the beginning of the slip into the surreal world of Wonderland. Alice follows the rabbit down the hole and then starts falling indefinitely...  Hence I guess the "mind floating" and the rabbit running sort've signifies the "time slipping".

Honestly, I think it'd be difficult for us to analyse this... I guess she'd have to let us know why or how does she find time slipping... There's definitely a beautiful explanation to this!!! And I can already imagine the cover art for this album and its gonna be AMAZING!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:49:20 am by joey »
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 07:18:37 pm »
You're right I hope the cover art is ah-mazing!
H&T's artwork was sooooooo bad. It's almost embarrassing considering the songs woven into the album were her best work yet.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 08:09:20 pm »
The thing to keep in mind is that we as fans would buy the album if it were called Muddy Lawn.  For VC's good, which is all I'm concerned about, she needs to sell to NON-die-hard-fans, you follow me?  Because of that, why not name the album something intriguing like(from her post) "Time Slipping" or even, gasp....
"Nightmare In Real Time"...something to get people thinking and/or talking about her music.  That there is some kind of symbolic or metaphysical explanation will be lost on 99.9% of people.  Hey, it's not like the album title is the deal maker or deal breaker, but geez!  And no offense to those who disagree but IMO the rabbits title is lame.  I really hope she's messing with us.

Dan/NS

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 09:07:12 pm »
The thing to keep in mind is that we as fans would buy the album if it were called Muddy Lawn.  For VC's good, which is all I'm concerned about, she needs to sell to NON-die-hard-fans, you follow me?  Because of that, why not name the album something intriguing like(from her post) "Time Slipping" or even, gasp....
"Nightmare In Real Time"...something to get people thinking and/or talking about her music.  That there is some kind of symbolic or metaphysical explanation will be lost on 99.9% of people.  Hey, it's not like the album title is the deal maker or deal breaker, but geez!  And no offense to those who disagree but IMO the rabbits title is lame.  I really hope she's messing with us.

Dan/NS

Agreed. That is, she would change the name if she feels like publicizing herself and getting more fans. For some reason, I get the feeling that she knows who her fanbase is, and she is more interested in keeping them interested instead of keeping a looser sort of group and entertaining the general public. I'm guessing she figures that a symbolic title would intrigue others... but seeing that the music industry is predominantly superficial, I doubt they would even care. The meaning behind it is still somewhat engrossing; although, I still prefer Tall Tales for Spring rather than Rabbits on the Run - unless if she is trying to build her bridges with Disney.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 09:10:43 pm by Patrick »
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 10:58:06 am »
new music to my ears!

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2010, 11:27:02 am »
The thing to keep in mind is that we as fans would buy the album if it were called Muddy Lawn.  For VC's good, which is all I'm concerned about, she needs to sell to NON-die-hard-fans, you follow me?  Because of that, why not name the album something intriguing like(from her post) "Time Slipping" or even, gasp....
"Nightmare In Real Time"...something to get people thinking and/or talking about her music.  That there is some kind of symbolic or metaphysical explanation will be lost on 99.9% of people.  Hey, it's not like the album title is the deal maker or deal breaker, but geez!  And no offense to those who disagree but IMO the rabbits title is lame.  I really hope she's messing with us.

Dan/NS

Agreed. That is, she would change the name if she feels like publicizing herself and getting more fans. For some reason, I get the feeling that she knows who her fanbase is, and she is more interested in keeping them interested instead of keeping a looser sort of group and entertaining the general public. I'm guessing she figures that a symbolic title would intrigue others... but seeing that the music industry is predominantly superficial, I doubt they would even care. The meaning behind it is still somewhat engrossing; although, I still prefer Tall Tales for Spring rather than Rabbits on the Run - unless if she is trying to build her bridges with Disney.

I lol'd. That bridge can't be rebuilt, I don't think. I feel like Tall Tales for Spring was much more intriguing anyhow. Of course, that's because it has that fairytale storybook thing going on.

BurningDownLove

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2010, 08:20:08 pm »
Also.

"Rabbits on the Run" = "Rabbids on the Run"?

Like. The dog bit her while she was on her daily jog.

See what I did there? 8D

LOL you've definitely just made my night!

~~~
And as far as the title goes, I'm betting that had we initially heard "Rabbits on the Run" and then
come to find out she changed the album name to "Tall Tales for Spring" we'd be hating TTFS :/
We'll get used to it :)
The CD will be worth the wait. I'm still so crazy excited for it!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2010, 06:31:39 am »
Also.

See what I did there? 8D

~~~
And as far as the title goes, I'm betting that had we initially heard "Rabbits on the Run" and then
come to find out she changed the album name to "Tall Tales for Spring" we'd be hating TTFS :/

I agree with your theory that if we had heard "Rabbits on the Run" first, we would've have grown fond of it more than what she would say later on. I also think that we might get used to it pretty soon. Besides, there are still chances that V might make last minute changes on her record. I also hope that the record will come out soon. Pretty apprehensive about it too here.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Patricius

• Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2010, 01:36:18 pm »
Also.

See what I did there? 8D

~~~

I guess you're right. I've grown so attached to Tall Tales for Spring - that and my liking for Alice in Wonderland isn't all that great.  :-X
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

Lord Star

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2010, 10:12:10 pm »
I'm just really excited for her new album. It doesn't matter what she's gonna name her 4th album, just as long as she gets to make more music then I'm ok.  ;D

Tall tales for spring or Rabbits on the run will be fine.  Haha

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2010, 12:29:46 pm »
I don't even care anymore.  From everything I've seen she's a terrible person.

Pan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2010, 02:06:37 pm »
Vanessa just tweeted again
"about to sing more background vocals on a song called moneymaker....in the english countryside side...birds just stopped there songs as the sun has fallen below the horizon line.....just a we orange glow in the trees. i see cows lounging on their green rolly hill. they're actually lounging as if they've got cigars. hobbits are everywhere. this album has become the strongest medicine. lucky girl i am. i tell ya."

from here:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/1dp3fd

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2010, 02:25:41 pm »
I dunno... something about that latest tweet doesnt sound like her? I cant see her misusing "there" and misspelling "we". It also sounds like someone trying to sound poetic and visual but not to the VC standard. I'm a freak lol, it probably is her, just hope her twitter hasnt been hacked. She's more than likely just stoned  :)

Anyway I am SOOO excited for this album and SOO glad she is giving updates. It feels like a lifetime coming, but it also worth living for, so when it comes out it will be that much sweeter. Thanks Vanessa!

SylvanHistorian30

• Willing and Able to... Run
  • All I Seem to Feel is Light . . .
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - earl_dominic_18
    • View Profile
    • bishop-myriel43 on deviantART
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2010, 03:06:29 pm »
About that tweet:

I agree that it somehow doesn't sound like her. I dunno, but I think there's "something" missing. Maybe her writing style changed?

But at least we're getting updates. "Rabbits on the Run" is sounding more awesome by the minute!
Miracles DO happen! =)

View my literary works:
http://bishop-myriel43.deviantart.com/

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2010, 06:41:15 pm »
oh my goodness new song on her twitter is apparently called money maker =)  that's superr excitingg