Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 341417 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2010, 02:50:50 pm »
^ "All Is Well" was recorded during the 'H&T' sessions already. Same with "Best Behavior".

If they haven't leaked by now, I doubt we'll get them ever. :( Unless she uses them on future albums ... but that depends on who has the rights to the songs.

for the unreleased heroes & thieves era songs, bmi.com says
Universal is a publisher for All is Well
as well as Best Behavior (also co-wrote by stephan jenkins)
and Wave Goodbye (Linda perry co-wrote)

I would love for them to be released.. we'll just have to wait and see.

I've never quoted someone before, so I hope I did it right!
"Wave Goodbye"???!?!?!!?!?! I've never heard of that one before! Is it on YouTube? I would really love a studio version of Best Behavior too!

I don't know about you guys, but for me I like the live versions of "I Don't Wanna Be A Bride" "Carousel" "Tall Tales For Spring" "London" "Fair-Weather Friends" just the way they are. I kind of hope that she doesn't add a lot of drums or anything on the studio versions. I think that would kind of ruin them for me. That's what happened with "Heroes & Thieves" for me. There's an acoustic version out there on YouTube, and I really liked that version, and then when the album version came out, she added a lot of strings and drums, and, I don't know, but they just kind of took something away from the song, in my opinion. "Tall Tales For Spring" sounded great as "Waltz" with just the piano and violin too.

I like the live version of the new songs too, and I agree about the chances of over producing the songs. But who knows? Maybe ROTR would be great, since there would only be V as the pilot.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

smaybe

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - sarah_mabe@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2010, 05:07:06 pm »
I've never heard of the song "Wave Good-Bye" either.  Is there a recordning some where?   

I had a weird dream about Vanessa the other night.  She was performing a song from HT, but she was wearing rabbit ears and had rabbit teeth.  It was a bit disturbing!   :)

Can't wait for ROTR to come out!
Change waltzes in with her sister Pain, waiting for you to send her away
wish her well break the chain, break the chain...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2010, 01:08:59 am »
I've never heard of the song "Wave Good-Bye" either.  Is there a recordning some where?   

There was only one recording of the song - and that was lost. Or at least, I haven't find any working links to download the song.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Sai

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2010, 06:31:08 pm »

[/quote]

I don't know about you guys, but for me I like the live versions of "I Don't Wanna Be A Bride" "Carousel" "Tall Tales For Spring" "London" "Fair-Weather Friends" just the way they are. I kind of hope that she doesn't add a lot of drums or anything on the studio versions. I think that would kind of ruin them for me. That's what happened with "Heroes & Thieves" for me. There's an acoustic version out there on YouTube, and I really liked that version, and then when the album version came out, she added a lot of strings and drums, and, I don't know, but they just kind of took something away from the song, in my opinion. "Tall Tales For Spring" sounded great as "Waltz" with just the piano and violin too.
[/quote]

I dunno... I really love Vanessa songs when they're simple and raw like that, I think they have such a stripped-down, emotional feel to them that way, but I am really curious to see the fully produced versions! I love intricate instrumentals that you can't really achieve live without an orchestra live, and I think there's a unique beauty in those additions in her studio versions. I would love to hear what other sorts of unique instrumentals she's added in to the album that she can't create with just her piano! I think it just adds another layer to Vanessa's vision and musical style.

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2010, 07:50:42 pm »

[/quote]

I dunno... I really love Vanessa songs when they're simple and raw like that, I think they have such a stripped-down, emotional feel to them that way, but I am really curious to see the fully produced versions! I love intricate instrumentals that you can't really achieve live without an orchestra live, and I think there's a unique beauty in those additions in her studio versions. I would love to hear what other sorts of unique instrumentals she's added in to the album that she can't create with just her piano! I think it just adds another layer to Vanessa's vision and musical style.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you mean, but still, I get kind of used to the songs with just her and her piano (and sometimes guitar) and then when the studio versions come out, I prefer the original live versions. Let's just hope for the best! I can't wait until Spring 2011! I'm pumped!  ;D :D
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

mixedanthony

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2010, 10:20:47 pm »
Live or Studio, I love it all! I just need more of Vanessa! I wish she was more accessible.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2010, 06:38:21 am »
Some songs in H&T were kinda ruined for me due to the instrumental background....so im with Sai in this. I fucking love the arranges in Harmonium tho <3
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2010, 03:37:47 pm »
I fucking love the arranges in Harmonium tho <3

This.

And I think the organic feel in Harmonium would make a very great impact on the ROTR.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #278 on: November 25, 2010, 04:09:37 pm »
i too love the arrangement for 'harmonium'. i would love to have the instrumentals for that album. i sometimes listen to "white houses" & am amazed at how strong the instrumentation is for that track.

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 25, 2010, 06:09:01 pm »
i too love the arrangement for 'harmonium'. i would love to have the instrumentals for that album. i sometimes listen to "white houses" & am amazed at how strong the instrumentation is for that track.
There's a full instrumental for White Houses?
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2010, 05:57:17 pm »
seriously, i can't wait for 2011.
i'm soooo excited for albums from Vanessa, Lindsay Lohan, Avril Lavinge, Ashlee Simpson.
can't waaait. :*

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 27, 2010, 05:28:08 am »
There's a full instrumental for White Houses?

Not the full song that i know of. but there's the dvd snippet :)
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2010, 07:13:27 am »
i'm soooo excited for albums from Vanessa, Lindsay Lohan, Avril Lavinge, Ashlee Simpson.

Avril and Ashlee should be good. I wouldn't hold my breath for Lindsay, though. "Bossy" and "I Don't Want To Die" were okay, but I don't think that album is getting released anytime soon.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2010, 09:50:18 am »

Avril and Ashlee should be good. I wouldn't hold my breath for Lindsay, though. "Bossy" and "I Don't Want To Die" were okay, but I don't think that album is getting released anytime soon.

yeah, you're right. i wasnt expecting the album in stores anyway, but i'm ok with any news about it. tracklist or anything.
3 years waiting for her album hahaha. but we had this year a lot of leaked songs ("stuck", "can't stop", "i wanna be bad", "too young to die", "walka not a talka" and "stay".), so i don't know if i should already get excited.

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2010, 12:36:20 pm »

yeah, you're right. i wasnt expecting the album in stores anyway, but i'm ok with any news about it. tracklist or anything.
3 years waiting for her album hahaha. but we had this year a lot of leaked songs ("stuck", "can't stop", "i wanna be bad", "too young to die", "walka not a talka" and "stay".), so i don't know if i should already get excited.

Eh, Lindsay and Ashlee use too much autotune. I'm excited for Vanessa, Avril, and Florence + the Machine. :D